1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

The only caveat is that SGA's contract would be up , and maybe it would fit a team's timeline.

But yeah, having said that... I think I'd accept it as well.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Most of them not, just saying that position they're loaded with guards (short ones too). 2 / 3 of their roster are non wings / centers.

Fit is usually back of the line, but I was Pistons I go for Cade 6'8" or a Mobley 7'0". If Cade's at SF, they can theoretically use him as a point forward.

ElPigto likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

SGA is their cornerstone, I doubt he's in the package. Presti is not stupid.

Denovo and Chamillionaire like this.
  4. Chamillionaire

Of course. Hypothetically speaking though. Although I don't believe it, SGA+6 was offered for #1.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Shai is going to be an All-Star soon. I thought he was just another byproduct of playing with CP3 but he proved he's legit after this past season. Hell, I'd be perfectly fine if it was #2 for SGA and #6.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

Hypothetically, if Presti was going after Beal or Lily Pad, I can see it. Not for a unknown when you have a proven that might not hit his ceiling yet; even if a Cade/Mobley/Green grows into a SGA, that's years away.

if guys this draft can grow into a SGA, it's consider a success.

steddinotayto and Chamillionaire like this.
  7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

It seems there is no way Presti would offer SGA and #6 would he? That seems like a steep price for someone you are hoping will be as good as SGA someday. Anyways, if it is true and OKC's target is still there at #2, Rockets have to pull off that trade if it is actually on the table. Even if it is #2 + a mid first (using some combo of #23/24 and/or player) for SGA + #6. If it is just #2 for SGA + #6 straight up that would be one of the best deals in recent memory IMO.

Rockets would likely get either Barnes or Kuminga at #6 who would fit in extremely well in a rebuild with their already solid defensive versatility and their offensive potential. One of them could turn out to be one of the better players in this draft in a couple of years in terms of advanced stats that contribute to winning basketball games.

These rumors are getting crazy. For now, I assume this offer is just a rumor/smokescreen as Presti will still get a solid prospect with potential at #6 and keep the 22 year old SGA to help continue accelerating their rebuild. If OKC chooses not to pay SGA, then I think they can get better value in a trade for him than this if that day comes.

fattz and steddinotayto like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

[/QUOTE]

It sounds ridiculous given how young and how good SGA is but if Presti has a sense that Shai might not want to stay in OKC long term it's better to try and nab the one guy that would actually LIKE to play in OKC given where he's from (North TX) and where he went to school (Ok St). That would be a marketing bonanza for the Thunder.

Honestly if Detroit takes Green at #1 and Cade is there for us at 2, I'm asking for SGA, #6 and our pick protections back from Presti. Basically, how much are you willing to spend to get who is basically a hometown/homegrown talent to fill your arena seats for the next 10 years?

jakedasnake likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I saw "J.R." as the last to post on this thread and knew....gotta look!!!

Uh............shoes?!

"Dis-ap-POINT-ed!" - Otto, "A Fish Called Wanda"

;)

J.R. likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

I heard the league favors Nike over Adidas. ;)
    Big if true! Could be big for the Rockets(/Pistons)!

Cade with Nike.
    Green with Adidas.

(I guess we’re never winning anything, Green will get screwed in awards voting & league won’t let the Rockets win a championship? :D)

This is serious business!

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...f-nike-or-would-let-adidas-harden-win.295520/

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ingham-signs-multi-year-endorsement-deal-nike

Nike is currently worn by around 68% of the NBA and in the midst of a $1 Billion, 8-year partnership agreement as the official league outfitter. The signing points to a commitment to continue signing top prospects and potential future faces of the league, even with an extensive current roster of players and a current lineup of five signature sneakers for the likes of LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Paul George and Kyrie Irving.

To date, Cunningham has only worked out for and met with the Detroit Pistons, who are expected to select the 19 year-old with their first overall pick once the NBA Draft gets underway on ABC on Thursday, July 29th at 8 PM EST.

Reeko likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Scott Foster will be sent in for every important game of Jalen Green’s career in order to ensure an L for Adidas

#CFConspiracies

RasaqBoi and J.R. like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Babbock is pretty reliable(the guy who reported the shai to Detroit proposal)

xaos and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

Kevin O’Connor:

1. Detroit/Cunningham: It would be a surprise if the Pistons don’t keep this pick and draft Cunningham, but league sources say that Jalen Green had an outstanding workout with Detroit last week. The front office will mull trading down if teams keep making offers, but teams will have to pay a significant price to move up. Unless things quickly change in the next 48 hours, expect Cunningham to bring his versatile talents to the Motor City.

2. Houston/Green: Green has long been tied to Houston, but league sources say the Rockets continue to pursue the no. 1 pick. Staying here wouldn’t be such a bad thing. Green is a high-flying guard with exciting go-to scoring talents. He showed major flashes in the G League while making progress as a passer.

(23. Sharife Cooper; 24. Isaiah Todd)

Deuce likes this.
  15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'd be thrilled with Garuba at 23 or 24.

charlieaustin and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lowe, Givony & Schmitz

Lowe: Woj reported yesterday Detroit not locked in on Cade. Schmitz, what am I to do with that?

MS: Detroit doing their due diligence. I think Cade will end up being the number one pick. … Ultimately think they’ll take Cade. They’re going through their normal process. Crazy if they pass.

JG: Think they’re telling the league we’re open for business. Bring us your best offer. Making a big mistake broadcasting this to the world. You’re the Pistons. No one wants to play for you. Cade comes to your city, says I would love to be a Piston and you turn around and say maybe he’s not the guy. This will pass. 99% they take Cade and it’ll all work out but I don’t love it if I’m a Pistons fan.

Lowe: Borderline shocked if it’s anyone but Cade. Then Houston & Cleveland…both teams seem happy to draft where they are. That said, like a horror movie around the corner, there is a looming threat armed with weaponry coming from OKC. Teams towards the top are waiting. Is that Presti calling? Schmitz, what are you hearing?

Schmitz: This is why you stockpile picks. They want to get into the top 3, potentially a guy like Evan Mobley. Thunder want Evan Mobley. … That’s the quiet buzz. OKC wants to use treasure trove of picks to get in the top 3 and Mobley is the name you hear the most.

JG: You hear different things. Not sure what to believe. Teams in lottery have said no conversations with OKC yet but anticipate things will heat up on draft night.

Lowe: Phrase gone dark has been used to me.

JG: Exactly. They have trade exceptions, picks, young players, they can literally do anything they want in this draft. There’s talk about SGA/6 for 1. Not sure how much truth there is to that. I don’t buy it.

Lowe: I don’t buy it. This is prime disinformation season. Best conclusion I can do is I don’t think SGA is available.

JG: Agree with you. If you’re SGA and Thunder come to you next season at all-star break, “We’re gonna shut you down for the 2nd straight year.” Is that something you’re interested in as a guy trying to establish himself? Tanking is not attractive. With their 700 picks, what is their timetable?

Lowe: How big of is the gap from 3-4? Green is enticing and polarizing but super enticing to the people who like him. Mobley is universally beloved. I don’t hear as much Suggs love as for those 3 guys. How big of a drop is 3 to 4?

MS: Decent size drop. … Not sure I see that star potential. Good player, starter on winning team, potential all-star but not the upside of Mobley or Green. Very competitive. Tough. Might be best with another PG next to him. Comped him to Jrue Holiday. He’s maybe your 3rd option on a really good team and one of the best defenders in the NBA.

JG: Definitely a gap. Started working on my 2022 mock draft. As part of that research, looked at my first 2021 draft. Had Cade 1, Green 2, Mobley 3…

Lowe: And that was 18 months ago.

JG: Not gonna talk about the rest of that projection but that’s the indication of the talent level in this class. Grown to become a Suggs fan. I do think there’s a ceiling on him compared to those other guys. Mobley is being discussed by several GMs I respect as the gem of this draft class. Several sky high on his upside despite “no one wants bigs anymore, he’s so thin, how assertive is he, whatever” but if I’m Toronto, still excited to add Suggs. No question line being drawn between 3 and 4.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Several teams have called the Cavaliers to gauge the price tag for the third overall pick, including the Toronto Raptors, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors, and New York Knicks.

During exploratory conversations with the Cavaliers, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander was not a part of the talks with the Thunder, HoopsHype has learned. It’s a noteworthy development since Gilgeous-Alexander was reportedly in trade talks with the sixth pick for Detroit’s No. 1 overall pick, according to BasketballNews.com.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-dra...ma-montrezl-harrell-gary-trent-jr-tyus-jones/

19. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Same. Would love this draft if it went down this way.

20. alethios

alethios Member

If he'll trade Harden, he'll trade SGA, unless he's learned from his mistakes.