1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to circle the wagons and share the love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The draft is always a special time around here, magnified exponentially when we're a major player like now. And, when it's been this long....well, besides contending, this is about as good as it gets.(kids in a candy store) This, of course includes the weeks preceding, with all it's juicy rumors and discussion. Now, this year has been a bit more contentious than usual as we have some really good options, and a largely polarized base. Folks with strong opinions, sometimes voiced vociferously. But, in the end, we're all Rockets fans (most of us) and want what we perceive to be best for the team. So, as we sit two days before Christmas, I call on all of you to unite under the banner which we all hold so dear, remembering why we're here. Not only to debate or analyze, but to share the camaraderie and root for the good guys. To wit, I've been a staunch Mobley supporter, but am ready to root for Jalen Green with all my heart should he be the pick. C'mon everyone...let's bring it in....and slay the draft!

[​IMG]

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

but we all know once the season starts and these prospects start playing games and looking good or bad for their respective teams

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D-rock, MrButtocks, Salvy and 9 others like this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

two grand ‘visuals’ as we embark on our journey out of NBA invisibility.

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and Plowman like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Can't believe we convinced ourselves that they were all supposed to be high-school age. Steve looked like a regional sales director

6. ballgame

ballgame Member

Well said...Let's do this! Go Rockets

D-rock, burlesk and Plowman like this.
  7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Men, women, boys and girls...

"I want you to remember... ...the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans."

Hopefully, we started last year down a path of building a winning team and this draft will propel us farther down the road.

D-rock, burlesk and Plowman like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is a false dilemma, your success wont depend on who you draft at 2, look at the pelicants sacramanto minny, clipps, brooklyn etc...teams loaded with stars, high lottery picks and potential winning nothing

burlesk likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

age perception is always more dependant of how the person acts then on the actual looks

10. steddinotayto

[​IMG]

D-rock, BigggReddd and hakeem94 like this.
  11. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Facts?

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Against whom are we circling the wagons? Lin Only Fans still?

Why not? and burlesk like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the facts was in post i responded to....

of course 'the real' looks plays the part but there is a lot of room for perception based on behavior, roles and other preconceived stuff...none of us percept the 1000% of reality we just pick up a few major clues, that work most the time, thats why we are so easily deceived ...

i remember a tv series where the younger man played the father of the older one and everyone bought it 100%, didnt even suspect nothing... only years later i found out the real age of the actors and was stunned

burlesk likes this.
  14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

True! Interesting. Was just wondering if behavior etc was literally that much stronger than the biological evidence, probably... Asking for an old friend trying to pick up girls.

#14 burlesk, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  15. steddinotayto

I mean...I think I was deceived by 90210 because I was like 8 when it first aired so I really didn't know what high schoolers were supposed to "look" like. To your point, it's like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Sean Connery played Harrison Ford's dad but was only 12 years older than him.

hakeem94 and burlesk like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Negative, the draft isn't until Thursday!

It's time for WAR!

burlesk likes this.
  17. alethios

alethios Member

What's left to fight about? Neither Mobley nor Suggs want to be here, so Green it is.

Why not? likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good thread. It's time for people to stop being childish and petty about this. We are lucky to have this pick. So let's just take the guy and move forward.

D-rock, Plowman and steddinotayto like this.
  19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's an exciting time to be a Rockets fan, regardless of any debates on Clutchfans. The future is here.

20. alethios

alethios Member

I hope we're all happy with the pick we're going to make, but this is CF after all, so some amount of discord is always going to be present.