1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Let's hope Cade is Fultz and Green is Tatum

BigShasta and matchesmalone like this.
  2. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

And that Mobley is Lonzo

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Drama continues.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Was this ever vetted?

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Man I think most of these articles are total bullsh!t .... the writers have no connections with anyone at all , just make stuff up to get clicks , Even Woj lately.

Its a race to see who can be first , even if you are wrong.

But you know , if you can't have Cade , you can have a player in Scottie Barnes who's very similar in having run the point as a 6'8" guy and he may be a better all around player - Barnes is the better defender - fantastic against the pick and roll - and posted more assists , fewer turnovers .... and a higher FG% (Cade a much better 3 point shooter).

Two Sandwiches and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Probably still trying to extort assets from Rockets.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Exactly. Well I initially thought a lot of this was smoke to try to entice a team to trade up, these rumors being out there consistently really diminish the value of the number one pick in relation to the number two pick in my opinion. They do nothing but hurt the Pistons.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-for-the-no-1-pick-lottery-movers-and-shakers

While it's already been reported that the Houston Rockets have made offers to the Detroit Pistons, I'm told the Oklahoma City Thunder have also tried (and failed) to strike a deal for the No. 1 pick by offering Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and the No. 6 pick.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...mmons-bradley-beal-andshai-gilgeous-alexander

Oklahoma City proactively called Detroit to offer Gilgeous-Alexander plus the No. 6 pick for No. 1, sources said, in an attempt to land Cade Cunningham—the framework B/R's Jonathan Wasserman first alluded to on Monday. Since drawing the top selection in June, Detroit has consistently messaged to rival teams it would need a first in this year's draft, future draft ammo and an established young star.

There's still a strong expectation that OKC will search for avenues to move up in the first round, with a swap centered on the Thunder sending pick Nos. 16 and 18 to Charlotte for No. 11 as a deal structure to monitor, sources said. There's a sense among team officials that Oklahoma City and Toronto are exploring options on swapping the No. 4 and No. 6 picks as well.

D-rock likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. TimDuncanDonaut

D-rock likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Are any of those guards worth a damn? (Hypothetical) Imagine Jalen Green was the real deal, the next Michael Jordan (or whoever your favorite guard player is), and they don't draft him because they have other guards on the roster lol. That would be silly. They can easily cut some of those players or trade them if they are truly convinced that Jalen Green is the real deal.

D-rock likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I would trade the #2 for SGA, #6 and our pick swaps back lol.

D-rock and Chamillionaire like this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You're right because the only player they have vested interest in developing is Hayes based on where they took him in the last draft and his potential is still untapped.

D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

While nobody quite has the stones to say Detroit will go in a different direction here, I wouldn’t be totally shocked if the Pistons either chose to trade down a spot or selected Jalen Green with the top pick. (Evan Mobley supposedly remains in consideration as well, although I don’t get the impression Detroit’s heart is in it on that one). You still hear mutterings that the Pistons like Green’s upside, that Cunningham’s workout didn’t blow them away, and that the phone lines on a trade remain open.

I’ll say this, though: It seems logical that the first pick will be Cunningham, whether it’s by Detroit or another team. If the Pistons like Green better, their best move is to bluff that they’ll take Cunningham and then trade down with Houston.

Instead, let me throw another wrinkle here: What if the Thunder came in with a Godfather offer – say, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and the 6th and 16th picks? OKC has more picks than it knows what to do with, and the only thing Gilgeous-Alexander can do for the Thunder is cost them the top pick a year from now. And of course, there is a working relationship here between Thunder GM Sam Presti and Pistons GM Troy Weaver, one that already saw them make a trade of backup wings at the trade deadline.

That’s the type of wild card that could upend draft night. That said, the smart bet is we go through a few ups and downs on the roller coaster and end up right back in the same spot: Cunningham first to Detroit.

John Hollinger

D-rock and Chamillionaire like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Got it. I don't know any of the players in Detroit roster and the few players I do recognize are not players I would tell myself, "Geez, I'm set up for the future, no sense in drafting the player we really want." Ellington, Smith Jr, Joseph, McGruder are decent role players, I guess, but I would get rid of them in an instant.

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  19. Chamillionaire

SGA is very efficient. He's already what Cade "could" be. Plus he's only 22.

But everyone wants one of these top 3 guys.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If that offer for Shai is really true, I'm actually surprised that OKC is making that offer. I think Shai is a damn good player, more than likely a future all star, as much as we talk about the potential the top 3 prospects in this draft have, it doesn't make sense to trade Shai for them, unless OKC really really really thinks one of those guys are the real deal. I would feel like OKC is going backwards if they make a trade like that.

It must be smoke on the Pistons end to get the Rockets to up their offer. I'm sure Detroit doesn't want to go any lower than 2.

D-rock likes this.