1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

If I'm a top player, I'm not gong to make it harder on my self if I know I have a coach whose going to give me a lot of leash and an evnironemtn or players i like vs if i had a problem with a pg or my father did and its a red flag for it

I think you have an ideal mindset, but this league is a business and it is massive for the direction of this players career on how they tret him on and off the court. Like I ssaid, I think wiseman can be a beast, he probably has a lot of critics and what he feels was a wasted year bc his franchise is obviously tied to the current stars and rightfully so. Bagley was just mishandled from the start and now his value has sunk. I still seem as a talent and can and will get better on a better team if these guys didnt ruin his confidence.

I agree in terms of establishing as a coernerstone, but the top 3 picks will have a lot of clout and hype. Like I said, I agree with your premise as an ideal situation ijust don't think it holds up in the nba with all parties considered, business side, fit, and so many personalities that we have no diea about especially with a tie that mobley coached KPJ on a team he was kcked out of. I could see after an experience like that maybe he wouldn't want that to be his sons pg.

but for us I think well be ok, I'm leaning to where you are that i don't think mobley is the next big GReat. but he has the tools, has he showend the intuition to use them all?

So I'm good with this situation, its peculiar and doesn't make sense. but if I' ma bettng man, green looks to be better of than mobley

Easy and saleem like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

I do like Barnes and Johnson. I think johnson is getting way over looked when he looks very special. but I'd try to get them with our other picks along with a green/cade...maybe mobley too

3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Screw him Green it is!

Honestly the reason they aren’t working out w the Rockets is likely bc the rockets have made it clear J Green will be the 2nd pick

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unless you are a true insider (like @ch44 ) then all the posts on CF are "whataboutism" amirite?

Rudyc281 and Ramo$e like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Green, Jalen Johnson with the 13th if the Pacers accept the 23rd and the 24th is what I want. If NOP takes House for the 40th, we should a chance with Bassey. He could fall that far. I think Green will agree to workout for Houston, if his agent tells him not to get too comfortable after his Pistons workout.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then explain the cryptic post he made on Instagram telling Green not to say anymore?

This was very early in the pre-draft process and Porter was extremely pro Green when the majority of the NBA experts ranked Mobley as the clear #2.

Even now, mocks qualify the Green pick as Mobley only falling to 3 because of Houston's unsubtle bias towards choosing Green with 2nd pick.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. DonatelloLimestone

I'd love it. I would do it in an instant if we can get him in 13.
    The more I watch him, the harder it is to see him fall out of top 10 though, but you never know. MPJ a CF favorite was fallign to 14(he did have two straight years of being injured though)

Rudyc281, saleem and D-rock like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude :D no thanks

9. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

lmao you're unbelievable.

Only you could twist Mobley being a beta biatch, and shift the blame to Porter.

Seriously, are you Mobleys girlfriend? CPA? Masseuse? what is your relation to him?

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. saleem

It's your assumption that Stone wants Green. There is no promise to him, I'm sure of that. Green and KPJ want to play with each other. That's all. The media likes to run with "real" information.

Nobody even knows if the Rockets will even retain the 2nd pick. Not even the insiders.

11. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

12. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Real question, do you have a source that he was not given a promise?

It was reported that he was given a draft promise by a team, and now the 2 other players that could have gone to us decided not to workout with us, possibly after hearing we’d already made a promise to Green. Seems to add up to me, but if you know for a fact he didn’t get a promise I’ll throw that theory out the window.

Also, FYI Green is in Houston right now. Not sure why.

D-rock likes this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

LOL. This has Hasheem Thabeet vibes all over again for Mobley. I remember him not wanting to work out for anyone and his agent protecting him. This guy seems soft, I have seen a lot of film on the guy, a lot of good posts on here too that nearly convinced me, but this seems like a red flag.

VoR and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

And everyone, every NBA team and their mother already knew that Green was the pick.

Porter made that an open secret very early in the pre-draft process.

The FO even tried to throw out some BS stories or trading for Dame, trading up for Cade or trading down to obscure this truth in hope of gaining more draft leverage, maybe even trading down and still getting Green to absolutely no avail.

No top prospect wants to workout for the Rockets. ZERO.

Even Green is taking his sweet time, if he even does.

This pick was made too early to be a true scouting pick.

And the Rockets analytics team are high on almost EVERY other top prospect other than Green.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unless every prospect AND NBA team are CERTAIN that Rockets have already given Green a guarantee.

16. saleem

I don't know for sure, but I think Stone won't tip his hand. Green might be here for a workout. If he just goes to see the facilities, I will assume he has been given a promise. Reports can be true, and they can be leaked by rival teams.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilly strikes again!!!!

Mr Woods and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. saleem

What are you going to do, if it turns out to be a giant smokescreen?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I can confirm he was there. He was not given a suite since the government of Oman has entire floors booked for a month.

No I do not work there or clean the bathrooms.

#359 BallSoHarden, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    saleem, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is nothing against Green, this is what CF fails to understand.

I am far from a Green hater. I think he will be a very good player, maybe even better than either Beal or Lavine (the 2 most mentioned modern comps) but I'm under no delusion that he is the next Kobe.

Nor do I believe Green is a franchise player or unique enough to be a championship building block.

But it doesnt matter, Green has a team guarantee to be taken in top of draft.

It's obvious it is Houston.

Porter said as much on his Instagram.

Rockets, against advice of it's own analytics team, is drafting Jalen Green.

#360 D-rock, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021