1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Offer For #1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Jul 24, 2021.

1. raining threes

This isn't a get rid of Tate, this is a trading a good young player and assets for the ability to go up and potentially get a great young player. Is this a risk? Yes.

If you trust your scouting dept then you take the risk. Like I said I see Tate as a good young bench player on a championship team. The Rockets aren't a championship contender and wont be anytime soon, so you take guys and move them for higher upside guys that moves your rebuild up quicker.

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Tate is a good young player.

3. raining threes

Agreed, but his upside is limited.

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Is Cade next Luka? Hell no. Zion? No. Would he be upgrade for national team straight from college like AD? No. He is going to be great but its not like we missing out on LeBron… and we can still have DWade at number 2. I would throw at them some EG/Wall along with #2 and if they dont take it then **** them

DonatelloLimestone and Possum like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If Tate improves his 3 ball to ~35% he has no ceiling .... They played him as the point quite a bit towards the end of last season and he was very productive and he was shooting around 30% from three. His ability to finish around the rim is outstanding. If he improves the 3 ball it forces defenders to tighten up making it even easier to get to the rack.

Possum and raining threes like this.
  6. DonatelloLimestone

AGreed. If the next luka or or lebron was no 1, I would trade the farm for em but I'm under the impression cade isn't one of them, but hey I also didnt trey young would be like this

bmelo likes this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Trey Young isn't Luka/LeBron though.... yeah he cool in current rules but put him in olympics and he would be raped past the 3pt line. He is only benefiting to rules he is not nearly as good