1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dallas Justice League] AN OPEN LETTER TO WEALTHY WHITE LIBERALS OF HPISD FROM DJN

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.dallasjustice.org/college-pledge

AN OPEN LETTER TO WEALTHY WHITE LIBERALS OF HPISD FROM DJN
    To Our White Allies:

Talk is not enough. Commit yourself towards taking action and making sacrifices to correct centuries of injustice. Open up spaces for Black and LatinX communities by refusing to send your kids to Ivy League and US News & World Report Top 50 schools and encourage friends, neighbors, and family members to do the same. Imagine if those hundreds of thousands of spots at these institutions were occupied only by marginalized communities. Imagine the opportunities. We can achieve true equity within our lifetimes but only if white folks are willing to sacrifice their privileges.

The Dallas Justice NOW College Pledge:

As a white person with privilege both from my whiteness and my neighborhood I recognize the need to make sacrifices for the purpose of correcting hundreds of years of murder, slavery, discrimination, and lack of educational and economic opportunities perpetrated upon people of color. I understand that access to top schools is a key component in economic and social advancement. Therefore, I commit that my children will not apply to or attend any Ivy League School or US News & World Report Top 50 School so that position at that school is available for people of color to help correct historical wrongs. If I do not have children under 18 then I will commit to encouraging my white privileged friends, neighbors, and family members with children to sign the pledge and holding them accountable until they do so.

Have you been asked to take the pledge? Don’t be a racist hypocrite. Sign the pledge today!
    Sincerely,

Dallas Justice NOW

Please note Dallas Justice Now will be publicly announcing the names of those who have and have not signed the pledge.

TAKE THE PLEDGE NOW.
    Name *
    First Name
    Last Name
    Email *
    Will you take the college pledge? *
    I am a racist hypocrite.
    I agree.​

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is Dallas a suburb of Rochester?

Nook likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

[Dallas Justice League] sounds ripe for parody names on this board.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

As a black man this feels like (I need for this to be) some kind of prank.

5. DonatelloLimestone

Invisible Fan and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because this country isn't a meritocracy. It's a "who do you know"ocracy.

7. DonatelloLimestone

its even dumber than that.

Its screaming and shouting the dumbest **** to pander to your base be it the defund teh police dumbasses or the Taylor Green/Lauren bobett dumbasses on teh otherside. Just silly caricutures and the media loves that, sells storeis to their base or riles up the other....

the losers: american people? With this entertainment politics sham

cmoak1982 and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We like our heroes dumb and stupid. Ain't no elitist that can score four touchdowns in a single football game.

Tuberville 4 life!!

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. DonatelloLimestone

You don't even need to do the touchdowns

Trump can just lie and embellish his record when video of him contradicting it or evidence contradicting is readily available....people will blindly wrap thsemves in clothing bearing his name and treat him like jesus

Pelosi can enrich her self investing in companies that she has oversight over...don't worry, we just hate her bc its a female though

its an odd thing to put any politician into hero level and that much harder to hold them accountable...maybe we stop selling them as some guy to ahve a beer with, or look up and champion, and just get effective and honest managers....but yea fox and cnn and msnbc would suffer in ratings so the guy s who actually run the election/debates ain't going for it.

I don't care f it s Joe rogan or someone else, they need to do these 2 hour longform interviews bc it might make sense to actually know what the politicians feel and how they respond to push back rather than canned planned lying 2 minute spurts to market some controversy. I'll give trump props that he agreed to it, i also know he'll lie aand distract as much as he can while biden mumble through....we need better leaders.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/poli...e-white-parents-michele-washington/index.html

Invisible Fan and jchu14 like this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not entirely true but I agree who you know plays too large a role in many people's lives. Still, we should strive for meritocracy to the highest degree possible.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Glad to hear you say so. Hopefully, people like you speak out against this, and other similar.

When people want to know why whites are very concerned about CRT...stuff like this is why. It's not because they're against learning more about how race has impacted things throughout our history--it is because of stuff like this..

FWIW, I also thought the same thing, and looked up the Dallas Justice Network---not a prank. But, to your point...it should be.

13. fchowd0311

What does that have to do with CRT?

One small group says some absurd crap and now it's "CRT"?

Do you even know one of the core aspects of CRT is that race is a social construct and not a biological construct?

Do you think some random origination has people who took the graduate level "CRT" courses and are applying that with that statement?

What I've seen by most racist white people in regards to CRT is absurd strawmen and finding the most extreme takes on race by some disgruntled overzealous person of color and calling it "CRT".

Nook likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

You also might be a victim of false flag propaganda.

"Real or hoax? Link to Republican company, leaders' silence fuel doubts about authenticity of Dallas 'college pledge' - CNNPolitics" https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/03/politics/fact-check-dallas-justice-now-college-pledge-white-parents-michele-washington/index.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16280832624902&referrer=https://www.google.com&ampshare=https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/politics/fact-check-dallas-justice-now-college-pledge-white-parents-michele-washington/index.html

Now imagine all the times you weren't informed that you might be a victim of propaganda. I'm sure the vast majority of your takes on CRT are results from you being a victim of abject propaganda.

JuanValdez likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

Actually for most consecutive white people it is exactly about not wanting to have their children be taught that stuff like this:

"Median Value of Wealth by Race FF(03.11.2019) | Tax Policy Center" https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/fiscal-fact/median-value-wealth-race-ff03112019

Is a result of our history with systemic racism

16. fchowd0311

Apparently you didn't look it up

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Similar my ass, complement rejected.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

LOL

LOL

LOL

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Seem pretty clear to me that it's a false flag operation meant to generate outrage and division.

This is pretty terrifying and way more sinister than parody sites like the Babylon Bee. At least it's clear that BB is parody.

I don't know if there is ever going to be a way to prevent these kind of operations. It's just so much less work to generate outrage than to debunk it. My hope is that in 50 years, less people will be susceptible to false information due to growing up in an environment where information from internet and media companies cannot be trusted without a healthy dose of skepticism.

Ubiquitin, Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

WITF are you saying? You don't think there are lots of similar things like this out there? If so, you are sadly sadly mistaken.