1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't assume I'm the only one, I'm sure many people see what I do.

We'll see how it plays out.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

if we aren’t getting Cade or Mobley I’d rather trade down and get 5 and 8 or four and future unprotected frp. I think green is a really athletic 2 guard who has been overhyped because of his personality and a few exciting dunks.

hakeem94, Plowman, JW86 and 2 others like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sounds amazing. I refer to your judgement on young Mr. Syllas

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Funny enough if it isn't his dunks I'm impressed with in terms of finishing ability. It's his ability to contort. He's a very pliable contertoinist in the air along with the combined skill of a soft touch around the rim.

The difference between Westbrook's finishing and Green's is Green also has a soft touch after making amazing contortions and double pumps in the air more similar to young raw Jordan and Kobe(not in terms of level play obviously but rather attributes and skillets). They had both the athletic hangtime/pliability and the soft touch. Westbrook after his high flying act just throws it up hoping for the best.

That video explains his abilities really well.

Start watching from 3:50.

#2364 fchowd0311, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Bo6, robbie380, Omihall23 and 9 others like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

LOL. So much bias.

King1, cbass and Denovo like this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

i agree he does finish well. Just don’t think he is number 2 good. I also think kpj is a very similar player with much better court vision. They both need more spacing to operate effectively. I’d take Mobley and try to fill out the roster with good three point shooting.

hakeem94, D-rock and groovemachine like this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Things that worry me about Green
    -Landing after elevating looks dangerous
    -Low release point (sometimes) on shot
    -Left hand looks only average

Things that amaze about Green
    -Seriously huge burst/speed.
    -Very skilled with ball
    -Shot maker
    -Ability to contort/hang/finish seems historically elite as far as coming into league
    -Good kid

Mr Woods, hakeem94, Rudyc281 and 4 others like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clyde Drexler?! You gotta love it Bill & Bull!
    [​IMG]

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...obley-jalen-green-and-other-top-10-prospects/

3. Jalen Green
    Ceiling: Clyde Drexler

Drexler is a little bit taller, but Green possesses similar freakish athleticism, quickness and three-level scoring ability. If Green continues to add weight and improve his ball-handling and playmaking skills (which he's done consistently in his career thus far), he could approximate Clyde the Glide's rebounding and assist numbers as well. It's going to take a lot of growth, but Green's upside is that of an All-NBA scoring guard and eventual Hall of Famer.

Floor: Jordan Clarkson

At the very least, Green will be a super-athletic bucket-getter who turns into a perennial Sixth Man of the Year candidate. This will be his destiny if his playmaking skills never quite develop, and his shooting is streakier than expected. Clarkson plays a crucial role on one of the league's best teams, so there are a lot worse fates.

Sweet spot: Zach LaVine

A relentless, prolific scoring two-guard who can occasionally fill in as your primary playmaker seems like about where Green will end up. His elite athleticism is on par with LaVine's, and he could have a similar trajectory in terms of improving his efficiency and gaining accolades as his career goes along.

1. Cade Cunningham
    Ceiling: Luka Doncic
    Floor: Nicolas Batum
    Sweet Spot: Early Grant Hill

2. Evan Mobley
    Ceiling: Anthony Davis
    Floor: Taller Larry Nance Jr.
    Sweet Spot: Bam Adebayo

4. Jalen Suggs
    Ceiling: Gary Payton
    Floor: Derrick White
    Sweet Spot: Malcolm Brogdon

5. Scottie Barnes
    Ceiling: Draymond Green
    Floor: James Johnson
    Sweet Spot: OG Anunoby

6. Jonathan Kuminga
    Ceiling: DeMar DeRozan
    Floor: Jeff Green
    Sweet Spot: Rudy Gay

7. James Bouknight
    Ceiling: Jamal Murray
    Floor: Malik Monk
    Sweet Spot: Terrence Ross

8. Moses Moody
    Ceiling: Khris Middleton
    Floor: Reggie Bullock
    Sweet Spot: Mikal Bridges

9. Josh Giddey
    Ceiling: Reggie Theus
    Floor: Evan Turner
    Sweet Spot: LaMelo Ball

10. Alperen Sengun
    Ceiling: DeMarcus Cousins
    Floor: Willy Hernangomez
    Sweet Spot: Jonas Valanciunas

9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Unless something dramatic happens or changes, Green is going to be the no 2 pick for the Houston Rockets. At least that's what I'm seeing from all the gambling odds, media reports and rumors.

10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

man this draft is so stacked that anyone who whiffs their pick is gonna be CLOWNED on hard.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Worth a gamble in my humble opinion. You know I don't look at stats as much as the eye test, lol!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

This is a great break down on Greens game and what he needs to work on. Everyone that thinks Green is all dunks and highlights need to watch this. The kid has a bag full of offensive moves. Just needs to work on his shooting efficiency, defense and getting his body ready for NBA contact. All in due time.

13. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s basically been like this since reports were coming out of Houston…what a dumb organization.

D-rock likes this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Rockets org has their flaws, but I wouldn't call them dumb for picking Green over Mobley or vice versa. I wouldn't want to bet anything of significance on one being significantly better than the other 3 or 4 years from now. Unless its prospects like Lebron, AD, Zion etc... its impossible to know how any of these 19 year old kids will develop in the future.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

@EddieWasSnubbed didn’t u make that comparison to Clyde about a month ago? Good call

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Dumb for letting everyone know we want Green.

D-rock and blahblehblah like this.
  17. MystikArkitect

What difference does it make? Detroit isn't trading the #1 and they're taking next best available.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Ive been saying I see Jalen's top end as a Drexler for a while. Not sure how long, but I think it's an apt comparison. Sure, you can say he could be a Kobe, and maybe he can. When Kobe came out, I'm sure people thought it was crazy to compare him to Jordan.

I just see a lot of Clyde in Green. I'd love him in a Rockets uniform. I just want to see him develop on the defensive end.

19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[​IMG]