1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This basically clears the smoke of the Rockets trading back. Unless we trade back to five or later, which is preposterous.

Because of this, we all now know it's Cade or Green. 98% it's Green. We're staying at 2.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

only reason to do it is fit. What red flags are they seeing that they don't want to be ddeveloped or play in rockets system or ownership?
    otherwise it makes no sense for em

If mobley worksout for cleveland and detroit thats concerning. he only has to gain in finances from being no 2 unless he really belives in a fit and opportunity with another team he wants to goto. Bad look for the rockets, not too worried because we have good options and after the last 3 years of our moves I unerstand it may take time to repair our reputation with agents and even coaches aganet

3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Y'all blaming Mobley for lack of heart but maybe they just told his agent they are set on picking Cade or Green.

I don't see Suggs getting the same shade on here for lacking fire o_O

4. Two Sandwiches

It's been a knock on Mobley for a while. There is no doubting Suggs' competitive streak. Some say that with all his talent, Mobley never takes over a game. Others say he's very timid. Depends on who you talk to.

Same things were said about Durant, though, for what's it's worth. Not comparing the two, but saying it may not mean a lot.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

That might be true, but fact remains that the Rockets didn’t play the field and showed their hand. This will hurt them in any negotiations.

6. conquistador#11

Is this a new 'thing' or has it always been like this.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Givony is usually accurate. The Rockets can know everything from the players's agents.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They haven't shown their hand. Green is my choice, it's all speculation. Mobley should have taken up the challenge, instead of stone walling, if this true. Ditto for Suggs too. Givony's reports are usually accurate.

JusBleezy likes this.
  9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

@EddieWasSnubbed

You can't criticize Mobley but not Suggs for the exact same behavior.

D-rock likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Feels like Morey did the same thing which was off-putting but gathered a lot of info/data.

saleem likes this.
  11. csc177

csc177 Member

Lame. But I sorta get it, why risk injury of gave a bad work out for a squad you know wants Cade or JG.

#71 csc177, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  12. Two Sandwiches

Not criticizing the behavior necessarily. Though it may have come out that way, I didn't intend it. I was simply saying it's been a knock on him. No one has questioned that with Suggs.

I get they're going with their advisors, and I don't necessarily blame the kids. I'm fine with him or without him. Kind of nice to have it confirmed we'll be without him, in a way. Don't have to wonder all week. Makes the ride a little less hectic.

groovemachine likes this.
  13. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

"Who leaked to givony and what is their agenda?" Why is the leak worded negatively against Houston? I honestly feel like players not working out for teams has been happening for years, but it doesn't usually get leaked with this kind of spin unless there's an agenda involved

Why not?, D-rock, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Not exactly true. Green worked out with them. Agents are just not letting their players interview with teams that are not going to draft them, probably so that a weakness is not exposed. Even cade said of rockets get the 1st pick he would come in for a workout.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I JUST LOVE IT!
    thats what you deserve when you lose games on purpose ruining the holy game of basketball

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

we don’t know if the rockets have shown their hand or where all these “leaks” are coming from.

D-rock likes this.
  17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Keep the Divas out they’ll turn to Hardens. Let’s keep the ones who wanna be here. I’m thinking green.

Why not? likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont blame him, i wouldnt want to be coached by silas and play with John Wall...i dont trust them.... and the owner is a penny pincher, LTS champion? no thank you

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, all signs have been that we pick Green, that’s not out of thin air. People talk and the organization has definitely not tried to put out a narrative that they really are torn and might pick anyone else, unlike the Pistons. There was only that one piece that stated some analytical side of our organization lean towards Mobley.