1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets stonewalled: no individual workout w/ Mobley nor Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If this is true then I am done with Mobley. I would see if we could get 5and 8 or a big haul from OKC for the 2nd pick. Still not sold on Green and never been sold on Suggs.

fattz, comrade and giddyup like this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Mobley wants to fall to Toronto which makes his bust potential even higher when Cleveland doesn't read the signs and takes Mobley anyway.

Why not?, UTSA2step, ilias and 2 others like this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Haha! Hell of an analogy there. Nice

Why not?, D-rock, UTSA2step and 2 others like this.
  4. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Has Mobley worked out for the cavs?

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes.

TheRedRanger likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Imagine if the workout with Green went terribly. We'd be going into draft night not physically seeing anyone.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  7. DonatelloLimestone

I don't think thats the reason. EVery year people speak and speculate on who we are zoning in on and you can't find any true inside quotes of who we are getting just the obvious big 3/4 of who everyone is targeting at the top.

Wasserman is said to have signed mobley and suggs both, their previous obvious ties to Rockets are Capela and then briefly brandon Knight. I'm not sure if capela is the warning of dealing with our 'culture' in terms of negotiations went down to the wire and capela signed a beneficial contract for ownership in 18. Maybe Kendrick Perikns, the houstonian who is also on their team and has constnatly talked down specificially the ladnry's rockets culture under fertitta.

Not to mentino the agents will push their clients to do whats best, the teams be damned. So more money for them to get the no 2 and get this spot and only have something to gain, not to mention they are all working out for that no 1 pick too so its a bad sign for us that these guys don't want to workout here. I still won't let that stop me from drafting the best player available. no 2 pick is too rare of a chance, We'll deal with the feeling later.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Great

So we have the number 2 pick and Tillman won't even pay to fly the guys here for a workout??

$$

10. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Yeah wtf is this about
    Mobley’s camp maybe thinks Cleveland is the best fit for him.. even then it makes no sense strange??

D-rock likes this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

When did green work out at Toyota ?

12. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Mobley Mob, where art thou?

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mobley has a Lavar dad making choices for him and arguing on twitter

14. DonatelloLimestone

Well main thing is fit, coaching, personell, and culture. If you are a top prospect, and team pck no 2 is a culture you don't trust or someone you trust didn't have a good experience in how they treat their players, or their current style,coaching, or roster is not where you feel will be a good fit to develop you then no 3 /4 is still the better option for your career even if you lose a small amount of change.

This is tactful and improtant.

That said, we don't know what they are basing this on. We know Suggs and Mobley are both repped by the same agency, they've only dealt with Capela, Brandon KNight as former rockets I believe in the new Tilman era. They also have kendrick perkins who is a houstonian who has gone on tv disparaging the landry's rockets culture. Could be any of those or fit. I can see suggs wanting a pg friendly coach and wondering of his touches under KPJ.

But mobley is more troubling. I think he fits fine with us ,Silas can plug him in many positions and like Olynk he'll have an opportunity to do a lot here. So him working out for the 1 team in pistions but saying no to us is troubling . And this isn't all them and some narrative of them being weakminded, they have entire agencies and consultants giving them advice on this team and situation. This isn't the 70s nba of these illusiosn, they are positioning themsleves for al ong great career. I would like to think with our open slates of opportunity to grow in houston that we should be a good situation to want to play in despite the reputation from stars and agents of the ownership lying and cheaping out the last 3 years, thats not a situation we have to worry about for 4-7 years.

In the end, choosing 2nd from Green, Cade, and Mobley is still a great and excting thing for us

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Mobley hasn’t worked out for Detroit apparently. Doubt it happens given reports.

JusBleezy and D-rock like this.
  16. DonatelloLimestone

then that is less worrying and its just his agent trying to show the cards he wants. I wouldn't worry too much that this is exposing mobley, just his agent and wasserman who are vets playing poker.

in the end of the day, we have a no 2 highly desirable pick. choose. the. best. available. player.
    Yes, if mobley stands out that much from green, we'll work on his feelings in houston later, this isn't francis going to Vancouver. Itll be alright, we're in a fantastic position with the no 2 in this draft

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  17. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

Why we are waiting to workout top guys 5 days before the draft? This should have been scheduled long time ago.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They don't want his high butt exposed!

ApacheWarrior and palmsnbananas like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets want Cade or Green…Mobley and Suggs’ reps have deemed Houston a waste of time

20. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I can see why the rockets want to do their due diligence on this one they still have not made their mind up and I understand you want to get the best player and I do understsand you wanting to work out Jalen suggs or Mobley but come on if their agent says no to both and what if houston decied to pick one of them and they did not show up for a workout looks bad on their behalf as a player and sets a bad example like going in for an interview and saying i do not think i will get the job when you are at least being considered for the position and getting the job you are giving it to the person they are looking at you might change the rockets mind but now you are making it easy on the rockets they were debating on jalen suggs or jalen Green and now you are making it very easy on the rockets now showing bad intention now wanting to workout for the team that might draft you wow.