1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ayton vs. Lavine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, Jul 25, 2021.

?

Green or Mobley?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2021.
  1. Green

49 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. Mobley

27 vote(s)
    35.5%
  1. sydmill

sydmill Member

Let's assume neither Green nor Mobley become some generation talent or GOAT. Say they become what look to be two 2 young guys with allstar talent. Who you got? For the purposes here, Mobley is on the Ayton track and Green is on the Lavine track. I just want to know how that changes CF perspective.

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Might be better to pick a Unicorn player for Mobley, no? Ayton is a pretty regular big man, if that's the comparison then I'd favour Green even more than I do in the real world where Mobley's not that comparable to Ayton. I'd pick Mobley over Ayton and Green over them both personally.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Neat, another Mobley/Green thread. :D @napalm06

There is no rational talk between Mobley/Green.
    There is no convincing…both sides staunch in their position.

Green fans: Mobley sucks, NCAA sucks, he’s not gonna be able to improve his weaknesses, he’s gonna be a bust guaranteed; Green is the next MJ/Kobe.

Mobley fans: Green is overrated, G League sucks, he’s one-dimensional, great he can score but does nothing else; Mobley is a two-way generational talent.

Blahblahblahblah

I’m glad this **** will be over in 4 days.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mobley is more skilled than Ayton, but he doesn't handle physical contact well enough. Green is more like Lavine. He is skinny too, but he isn't afraid of physical contact.

That's the only reason why I'm giving Green the edge.

raining threes likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm fine either way. I'd prefer Green. Will not be upset with Mobley at all. I just want to see who we draft, and I want to see what we do with the other two picks. Pumped.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

There are some pretty neutral folks out here though. I'd be happy with either guy. Whoever the Rockets think is best. I just hope we pick the right one.

7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I'd take LaVine over Ayton but I'm not sold on the Ayton/Mobley comparison.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't like the comps, but it's ......MOBLEY!

Big surprise, right?!? : )

D-rock, CriscoKidd and sydmill like this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It really all comes down to what we can’t see on any highlight reel or “tape” we have watched within the last few weeks. Mental fortitude.

Either these guys have IT or they don’t. That will ultimately be the determining factor on how far they go to reach their ceiling.

I still say Green should be the pick but Mobley and adding other guards later in the draft would fit our team just as nicely.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Exactly how I feel. I have honestly waffled back and forth between both guys to the point where now I really don’t know who I would prefer. I just want the Rockets to pick the right guy. I think even after the selection I’m going to experience a severe case of FOMO (fear of missing out)

I have been watching Green high school and G League highlights and went back to watch Lavine and Beal high school and college highlights since these were 2 comps that have been thrown around at lot and Green is just different. Beal not nearly as explosive as an athlete and Lavine is explosive, but not as shifty and slithery going to the basket or with shot creation in the air. Green at similar stages clearly looks like the best player out of the three. He moves different. He is electric and it’s not just dunks.

Mobley’s combination of size and skills intrigues me. He can be a force on both ends of the floor and not too many players can say that they are that. Hard to pass that up. I’m not worried about him getting bigger as I think he will, but I just have reservations when it comes to top center prospects. I feel like more often than not they disappoint when compared to other players in their draft class. He scares me. Not because I don’t think he will be good, i think he will be. I worry that he won’t be as good as guys we pass over in favor of him. Mobley at his full potential though is a very special player. He can POTENTIALLY do EVERYTHING on a basketball court which is crazy to think about.

We just need to get this right.

11. Denovo

Denovo Member

LaVine vs Ayton is disrespectful to LaVine honestly lol.

raining threes and coachbadlee like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LaVine is arguably best case scenario for Green, Ayton is worst case scenario for Mobley

tycoonchip and groovemachine like this.
  13. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Until we trade down for Scottie Barnes… and no one knows how to react!

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It will never be over. They will be compared long after Thursday.

15. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Agree to disagree. What scare me most about Mobley is simply his build. He’s too frail. At some point injury is my major concern. I think he could be Ralph like talent wise.

With Green, I think Lavine is your floor. Sky is the limit with this guy. What I like most is the drive, the work ethic, the need, the want to be the best. My two cents…

16. sydmill

sydmill Member

Is there another worthwhile topic these days than Green v Mobley?

Chose LaVine because I think he and green are very similar. Ayton because he is a defensive force with above average offense. Certainly LaVine is closer to Green aesthetically than Ayton is to Mobley.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This thread is not neat, neatness revoked

raining threes and J.R. like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm glad you're not a scout. I never said that Green is going to be Kobe or MJ.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My question to the Green only and Mobley only fans....if the Rockets don't pick "your guy" are you going to be rooting for the other guy on the Rockets to succeed? Or hope they struggle just so you can be "proven right"

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

More like Bosh vs Kobe

Think big.

raining threes and ApacheWarrior like this.