1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yea... I wouldn't admit to voting for trump either (funny how often people make the claim they didn't vote for trump). And what an interesting mix of alternative candidates... pretending to support Klobucher because she is so similar to the other three.

And the councilman always had some convenient version of the story. But sure, you go ahead believing him and his use of the n-word.

At least you admit I didn't make an accusation of racism. Since that didn't appear in any of my posts. But again, in your disingenuous effort to avoid admitting you were wrong, you then claim "I never said you used the word racism. I said you tossed around accusations of racism." Which of course contradicts your self. So show where I made an accusation of racism.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I just picked the Democrat that I thought would most piss off Democrats if she won. All my Dem. colleagues were all in on Bernie. You can believe whatever you want. I have always been honest about my votes. Bush II in 2000, I think I wrote in a candidate in a candidate in 2004, I didn't vote in 08 because I was out of the country. 2012 I think I voted Libertarian party, but I can't remember, may have voted Romney. 2016 through 2020 I voted Libertarian party. 2016 was the first time I voted in a primary that I can recall.

Edit: I looked back through my old posts. Had my years wrong. I remembered writing in one year but it was 2012, not 2004. I voted for Bush both times.
    By always, you mean in real time as he said it, right?
    No, I admitted you didn't use the word racism. Allow me to ask a clarifying question. If it is not the racist connotations of the word, why do you care what he said? Are you not implying that he was being racist? If the mayor didn't say what the councilman is claiming, and it isn't racism, why do you think he said that line in the video? Is he like Tarantino? Early Eminem? Hunter Biden? But fair enough. If in fact you are not making accusations of racism, and were in fact complaining about his limited vocabulary or something unrelated to racism when objecting to a white guy saying it then I apologize to you for casting such an aspersion.[/quote][/quote]

#1043 StupidMoniker, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  4. NewRoxFan

So rather than vote for the candidate you thought best represents your value and political positions, you now say you voted for a candidate to "piss off Democrat co-workers"? Gee, I would have had more respect for someone who voted for trump rather than voted to troll the other party. But hey, trolling seems to be something you do.

[/quote][/QUOTE]

I posted the local reporting of what happened. Which reported the previous interactions between the councilman and the mayor. One of which was a sketchy accusation of a threat from the mayor and the councilman (which the councilman had no proof and the mayor denied). The other prior incident was the mayor accusing the councilman of calling him "boy" which the councilman did admit but claimed he said called him "little boy" which sounds like the councilman trying to lessen his offensive remark (noting the mayor is 45 years old).

So posting these prior incidents shows a history of interactions between the two republicans. Also shows that the two provable things (videotape and witnesses of one, councilman admitted to the other, though tried to revise what he is accused of saying) while the councilman has only made sketchy (unproven) accusations towards the mayor.

The rest of your babble is just that. Babble. And you injected racism. As if that claim somehow justified what the councilman said and your defense of it.

London'sBurning and dobro1229 like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Booing American heroes? So on brand...

Ubiquitin, FranchiseBlade and Ziggy like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related

Invisible Fan and JumpMan like this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Chart is from 2020. Be interesting to read this 'devoted conservative' numbers today.

Also, do you have a link to more info? I've googled and can't find that particular one and none of the other 'proud American' surveys have 100% pride among any groups.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he says it's from the "American Fabric" report at More in Common

https://www.moreincommon.com/our-work/publications/

no direct link but you can download the pdf

bobrek likes this.
  9. StupidMoniker

Oh no.
    What is the purpose of the reporting of the events? What is the significance of the difference between boy and little boy, especially noting that the mayor is black (which you did). You are intellectually dishonest, which is probably why you think everyone else is lying.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Conservatives are free to boo the U.S. and disrespect our country - I respect their right to freedom of speech to express hate for those Americans they disagree with, while those that seek to change this country and support our athletes and soldiers abroad no matter what their politics are the true patriots.

11. DonatelloLimestone

its almost like middle schoolers who think the teacher is so rad because he cursed or said **** so they relate to him, the guy continues to lie, put Trump first agenda, lol rails against communism and leftsm when he literally spit on fiscal responsibility, checks and blanaces, and increased the power of the federal govertnemnt and for some reason 'conservatives' or so called cheered it on as he pushed for more centralized unchecked power s if they were cheering on king george coming back, everyone else be damned.

Embarassing level of brain washing and our populace can do better, obviously funneled through a sad state of media/news in Fox/Cnn/MSDNC and the like

12. London'sBurning

Beyond trolling a basketball message board, I think the real tragedy are the minorities that got StupidMoniker as their lawyer when they needed representation. I bet he puts in less hours on their casework and generates worse outcomes for them as a result compared to more politically aligned and fairer complexioned clients. Would be interesting to see the data on your work as a lawyer as it'd probably be a solid example of a civil servant whose prejudices negatively impact clients whose best interest you're meant to protect even if guilty of a crime. Your interest is to get the least severe sentencing possible and I bet that's not what you really work towards with your minority clientele. It's obvious in your rationalizations and which hills you choose to die on when "debating" on here.

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. StupidMoniker

I don't really troll on basketball message boards. I "troll" in my real life friend groups, if by troll you mean things like busting balls or voting in a meaningless primary in a way I find funny.

I don't have clients anymore, unless you count the People of the State of California.

When I was doing defense, the majority of my clients were ethnic minorities (just a demographic reality of criminal defense in my area). Pretty much all of them seemed quite happy with my work, which included getting a not guilty verdict for a black man accused of homicide. In point of fact, every client I represented that I ran into out in public after their case has run up and hugged me (running into former clients is not that common an occurrence, only happened twice, both black). I also had multiple minority clients hire me for subsequent cases after I had made appearances for other attorneys on their cases. Please though, do tell me how biased against the interests of my own clients I was.

I think the real tragedy is anyone that has to deal with you in any capacity where competence or intelligence is required. They must be very frustrated.

14. London'sBurning

It'd be interesting to see actual stats instead of personal anecdotes of self hype. If true though, I'm more relieved than upset. Your job actually affects other people's lives in significant ways when they're typically most vulnerable.

https://www.statebarcourt.ca.gov/Public-Records-Information

#1054 London'sBurning, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  15. dmoneybangbang

He's looking pretty ragged...... all those big macs catching up to him.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are a lot of American things Trump is against.

He doesn't like legitimate elections, the bill of rights, strategic alliances, American military and their heroes, and now American athletes representing the nation on the world stage.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. DonatelloLimestone

He somehow actually doesn't look as bad as one would when they hardly exercise and eat hamburgers all day. He also seems energetic and as spiteful as ever. Its disturbing that the dude has videos of lies, of him lying about deadlines, details, etc. taking claim for things he had nothing to do with like the stock market while also biden has record highs and people seem to understand that no one person is to credit, but heck in any field of someone tells you i alone can do it and i won't tell you how, their snake oilsalesman. bad things, history shows people will always buy the hope.

Its an embrassment that this guy still has flags all over while being a rambling con man who would throw his own supporters out of the boat to save himself, but that said he seems way healthier or mentally more energetic than biden does. WITH that said, he still maybe the most unfit sociopath to give unchecked power too. I wouldn't even hire him to negotiate even though he claims that is his shill. His best role would be a prewarm up comedy routine at rallys or before any press conferences

18. NewRoxFan

What is the purpose of reporting the events? Oy.

And my gosh, you claim you didn't vote for trump, and claim you voted for Klobuchar, not because you support her, but because you wanted to piss off your Democrat co-workers... and you question *my* intellectual honesty?

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

America remains (for now) the best country to live in. At the same time, there is less reason to be proud of America than there was before trump was elected.

Any intelligent person would be less proud of America’s collective…

Intellect
    Education
    Respect for people
    General a-holehess and understanding of what is acceptable behavior
    Decency
    Tolerance for violence
    Selfishness

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not sure what exactly a passive liberal is but I'm guessing they'd be more proud of US if they didn't get their lunch monies stolen every day.