1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Good ole T-Baby..

CK Johnson and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lol I see what you are doing.... I think it would work out better for Detroit to do it, but we wont know for years. I hope we don't trade up, well maybe.... If its just our 23rd then yes but I am 100% sold on Green. It has to be Green, the gem of this draft.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just watched an interview with Cade on JJ Redick's podcast. Holy **** do I hope they are able to move up for him. Kid couldn't say anything wrong. And did you guys know he's vegan? Says it makes him feel better and lighter. I think it's incredibly impressive that the kid has the discipline at that age to make that choice.

bigreg and lionaire like this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

On the tread title. I don't doubt Rockets called Detroit and made the inquiry. Rockets FO doing due diligence, not unlike the Lillard thing.

That said; the interest is likely one inside. So I hope Rocket fans' hopes aren't artificially raised too much.

With the recent Tigers game, it's unfolding as many already expected.

Still I don't fault Rockets FO for making the call, to get a sense how firm Pistons wanted Cade... It is high. That helps narrow down what our real options are.

Hash tag Stone's fav word: optionality.

5. conquistador#11

This guy is going to leave after his contract is up. Reminds me of Christian Wood's gf, the one that left him.
    Pistons should pass on him let him fall to no.2
    =)

ipaman and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

If Green is indeed the gem of the draft, then 2+23 for 1 would be a worthwhile trade for the Rockets, but I think they would take Cade at 1 since we can't afford to have a miss on our rebuild.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

So if Rockets were number 1 yeah they have to take Cade, you can't pass on Cade.... I believe Green will be better, but at number 1 I myself would not pass on Cade mainly because he is too good now to pass up. Detroit could look like absolute fools and never live it down if they pass on Cade.... But that's the burden of the #1 pick.... I still think Green fall into Rockets lap and turns out to be something special, and even more than Cade.... In a few years we will know.... Hope I'm right...

banzai and groovemachine like this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

So the Pistons are the only team that Cade has met with? What an odd statement by Cade.

You should be meeting with any team that picks in the top 5. If they think you're good enough, they'll try to get the #1 pick from Detroit.

ak99999 and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Why should he waste the time when there's no way he falls out of the top 3.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Sure. That doesn't mean Cade shouldn't be marketing himself to the Rockets, Cavs and Raptors. Hell, even Golden State. If teams like you, they'll try to trade up to get you.

I bet Detroit would love if Cade met with other teams.

juanming likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Cade says I'm the number 1, won't work out for another team unless they have that pick.
    Green says I'm the number 1 player. Mobley says I'm a generational player.

Times have changed a lot. Dream didn't talk like that. He just went out to prove that he was the best, that he could be.

They are all fine players, but they couldn't hold a candle to Olajuwon. He was a true generational player and a number 1 pick.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Things are heating up!

[​IMG]

#773 Deuce, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

oh damn here we go again

D-rock likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd stay put.

King1 and ReturnOfTheMac like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

could be something, could be nothing

D-rock and csnerd84 like this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I worry that this is Tilman wanting to make fireworks and forcing Stone to make the trade.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Sounds about right. However if Stone is confident that Cade is Luka/Harden while Green is more Lou Williams then giving up some picks is worth it.

You either have an elite top 5 player or you don’t win a chip. Anything else is just spinning your wheels.

saleem and thekad like this.
  20. thekad

thekad Member

Even I couldn’t hate on Broke Dolan for that. If you can get what you believe to be the best player in the draft you obviously do it. Just don’t give up an unprotected pick next year.