1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guard league my ***

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 17, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL.

Talk about waving the white flag.

Tell us again how Holmgren is "EVERYTHING Evan Mobley is with elite level offense already"

And this before he has played a college game. LOL.

Where did Mobley touch you?

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

3. Handles

Handles Member

Playmaking and shot creation are essential. However, championship teams are almost always well rounded with both inside and outside talent.

No matter which position we draft this year, it won’t be enough. We still won’t be contenders and we will still need to add pieces in future years. I am happy with either Green or Mobley. I can see arguments for either guy.

If we end up with Mobley, maybe the Green gang can console themselves knowing bigs take longer to develop, so next year we grab a star wing and in 3 years Mobley, KPJ, and another star wing are all breaking out at the same time.

sydmill and jiggyfly like this.
  4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

lol Draymond.

Even Giannis' impact is being heavily overrated at this point. His Bucks go down in flames in the 2nd round for the 2nd consecutive year this year if not for the Nets being gimpy as hell (and they still barely won in game 7 OT, and still took six hard fought games to beat Atlanta, the last two wins coming without Giannis). Then they get the luxury of facing possibly the single weakest "contender" from the west, who, like Milwaukee, also benefited heavily from opponent injuries in their title run.

Davis is nowhere without LeBron.

And LeBron is basically a big, versatile guard.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That did not take long, you did not even have the balls to reply directly to me.

You want to tell us again about how the Kings drafted Bagley with Collins and Chriss on the roster?

[​IMG]

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jiggy you just went on ignore. You are illogical and not worth my energy. I’ll think about removing you after the draft. Be well.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Got that but spanked so hard you put me on ignore.

For real my guy?

This is what happens when

[​IMG]

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I've watched the whole finals, and the guy who has impressed me the most so far, in terms of determining the outcome of each game and potentially the series, is Middleton.

Deuce likes this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

well… yes….

but it’s probably more complicated than that. And I say that firmly as a GreenGang dude.

replace Middleton with an average nba 2 guard vs replace Giannis with an average nba pf. The bucks are better with Giannis and without Middleton.

so to an extent… Middleton needs Giannis more than vice versa… BUT Giannis absolutely needs someone like Middleton.

I think there’s lot of threads about this. What position is more important. Can you win without a big. Yada yada.

To me, I just think Green is going to be better than Mobley. I think the Rockets have enough problems and you need enough good players across multiple positions that you just take whichever player you think will be the best. I lean Green. If someone leans Mobley I see no reason not to take him just because Middleton has probably been the difference maker this series.

Will and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If Trae hadn’t gotten hurt the Bucks would be sitting at home right now.

SuperMarioBro and hakeem94 like this.
  11. csc177

csc177 Member

This.

12. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

In the NBA!!

13. amaru

amaru Member

Four of the guys you listed play on the wing. Not a big difference between a small forward and a shooting guard. Mobley likely plays center. That’s another game entirely.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Draft Mobley.

RocketsFido, D-rock and Von Rafer like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lot of bigs and wings on this list.

What is your list?

16. DonatelloLimestone

Best. Player. Available.

in 1984, The trailblazers wanted a big to complement their all star SG Clyde Drexler. They offered the no 2 for Rockets Sampson, but the rockets wanted twin towers. Blazers chose Bowie, considered the 2nd best big in the draft.

both teams passed on Michael Jordan because they were looking at positions first.

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Our defense is gonna be so **** if we draft Green. I'd take Green if we didn't already have KPJ but our defense sucked last year and clearly needs work. Unless we also sign Allen (unlikely when we have Wall on our payroll), we're going to see every guard score in an open paint game after game.

For the record we had a terrible offense too but offense is a lot easier to get than defense. Even the shitty offensive Knicks were able to make the playoffs because they were a top 3 defensive team.

I can already see it now, dudes just blowing past Green and Porter Jr and scoring in an open paint.

*last year's Rockets had the worst defense of any Rockets team of all time, that's how bad it was.

18. Kmoney247

Kmoney247 Member

No one who has ever played basketball before agrees offense is easier to get than defense. If you don’t have a 30ppg you basically have no chance of even making it far in the playoffs. Offense is most important. Find your offense then worry about defense