1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elite team D wins titles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

The best defense is a good offense, draft J Green....

ApacheWarrior and Possum like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are we even sure Elite Team D is better than Elite Team A.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I enjoyed the vid!

I for one just hope that Bassey's knee checks out, he's better than a 2nd rounder where he is currently projected.

And I know you'll come around on Mobley.

If he is the pick.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I mean one of the teams had Lebron and the other won cause every better team was taken out with injury…..

Denovo, glimmertwins and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

How dare you provide needed context? Haha!

…the numbers are pretty clear that having Lebron on your team is FAR more indicative of whether you will be a Finals team than without. Maybe we can draft a Lebron this year…regardless ‘a Lebron’ looks nothing like a Mobley.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Idgaf if you’re big or small.

I care more about whether you can be dominant at nba speed. The speed of the nba is the single biggest separator.

But speed is deceptive. Luka doesn’t seem fast. Tatum doesn’t seem blazing fast. Jokic isn’t blazing fast Etc.

Speed of the game doesn’t mean blazing fast athleticism. It means being able to be your most dominant self within the speed and pace of the nba game at their size, athleticism and skill.

This is my single biggest concern about Mobley.

However… this is a concern that wound literally take all of a game or two to figure out. Even just real 5v5s a comma he’s with all nba players. With that you’d know how capable he is to adjusting to NBA speed and how fast.

Green has other concerns.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would not describe Durant or Harden as fast either.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

yeah. That’s why scouting is so hard. It’s as much and more about brain processing speed as actual speed.

the whole “when the game slows down for them” that we often hear about young QBs in the NFL.

D-rock likes this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Even if we get Green and he turns into the next Kobe Bryant like his fans predict, Kobe still wasn't winning **** without a dominant big man.

Christian Wood just ain't that guy because he's always going to be a defensive liability and he would have to be absolutely dominant to make up for that weakness.

D-rock likes this.
  11. JD88

JD88 Member

Jokic dribbles the ball up the court.

So does Bam. So does Towns. So does Davis.

D-rock likes this.