1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Time to leak some fake rumors that will damage Cade's stock enough to drop him to #2 in the next week.

RasaqBoi and D-rock like this.
  2. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

The guy just wants to be the #1 pick, he could be at a Utah Women's soccer game and go crazy for the chants.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Pretty good article on how Cade could be overrated(he was dead right on Luka as a prospect but also had some bad misses):

https://deanondraft.com/2021/07/12/four-factors-of-cade-cunninghams-offense/

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This guy forgot that someone has to go #1 whether they deserve it or not. It's not about deserving unless a team trades down otherwise it's about BPA or fit. Seems like he's holding Cade against going #1 but without offering anyone else who truly deserves to go #1.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He likes Suggs and Barnes a ton so maybe Suggs?

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

D-rock likes this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If so, then he would be the ONLY one who thinks Suggs deserves #1. Steaky shooter with length issues... doesn't sound like a deserving #1 either.

Maybe that's his point that he failed to make. This year there are NO deserving #1s and that's fine, it happens. Still got to trade, draft BPA, or draft fit. My hopes were always for my team to collect NBA talent regardless where they got it from. Do that enough times and you can compete.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's quite a statement considering who's gone #1 in the past 10 years. Without reading the article, I'm assuming he's putting Cade behind AD and Zion which, on the surface, might be reasonable but I remember there was tremendous hype around Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz, and Andrew Wiggins during their respective draft years as well.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

and it's coming from Mike Schmitz who is one of the goats on scouting

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Think he makes some interesting points... but the amount he discounts shooting is a bit odd. And I don't think Cade spams the shoot or pass button without thought as to the shot, etc. His lack of assists #s is interesting compared to how cerebral he seems to see the game with his passes, so not entirely sure what to make of that.

I certainly lean more Mike Schmitz analysis - he seems a better #1 than lots of the options the last 10 years - but i also see certain flaws.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The more highlights I watch of all these prospects the less I am impressed that this draft is any more top heavy than others. I do think it is a deep draft and will result in quite a few high level NBA stars.. I think the gap between Cade and the next 3 is far greater than the gap of 2 thru 10 and that the rumor that Stone is trying like hell to move up is true. If we fail to get Cade, I think we move back for more chances.

19bernardo87 likes this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

He has Mobley as his clear cut #1.

D-rock likes this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I don't know much about Cade but I do know that he's one of the highest regarded draft prospect of the decade. He's not at the level of Zion and AD, but he is definitely at the Ben Simmons, Fultz, Towns, Wiggins level amongst most media/analysts/scouts and fans. Mobley and Green while not quite as well regarded are also viewed as really good prospects who would go 1st in any average draft, including last years.

While all three are highly rated, none are can't miss prospects like a Zion, AD or Lebron... Odds are at least one will never be all-star caliber player and none of them will be a superstar (top 10 player). Of course anything is possible with the youth, time, talent and development... I just wouldn't be able to bet with any confidence on how any of the three turn out.

Teams/fans drafting them are hoping the results is more like Towns, Simmons and not Fultz/Wiggins.

csnerd84 and D-rock like this.
  15. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

From reading the article, it seems like he'd favor Mobley, or even Suggs (and maybe Barnes) over Cade.

He also said this in the comments (emphasis mine)

D-rock likes this.
  16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Not sure I agree with his analysis of Cade & the others, but I agree with him that this draft is similar to the Wiggins/Parker/Embid draft. Chad Ford call those three amongst the top 12 draft prospects since 1990 or something like that. He wasn't the only one either - as it was generally regarded as one of the best draft in years.

D-rock and 19bernardo87 like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member