1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Jalen Green will only workout with the Pistons and Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 20, 2021.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He whispered in John Walls ear pretty good when we lost multiple 30 point leads. Epic meltdowns for the tank.

D-rock, juanming and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Anthony Davis and Giannis kept growing

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It was coaching genius. "You're the man, John. Don't listen to your teammates, the fans, or your stat sheet. Just keep shooting."

And now, we're about to draft a future star. Good job, coach!

D-rock, cheke64 and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The craziest one I ever heard was David Robinson growing something like half-a-foot in one summer while at the Naval Academy. Before that, he grew something like a foot in high school (freshman to senior).

5. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Rodman had a 10 inch growth spurt after high school.

These situations are rare, but they happen.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Wasn't Dennis Rodman like 5'6 or 5'8 at 18 years old? Pretty sure he grew like 11 inches after 20 years old. Kareem in his teens also grew a lot really fast and i recall him saying how much it hurt as body was going through those changes.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Big growth spurts are obviously rare, but seem to happen in that above 6'7 range. Don't see it really with the smaller NBA players. Then there's just genetics. Green is half Filipino so i doubt there's some massive lineage on his mom side, but then again MJ's brothers were 5'8 at most.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean don't expect a miracle but I think it's reasonable that he'll grow half an inch to an inch more before he stops growing. Hopefully he'll reach that 6'6" threshold which is just where MJ was at.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

MJ was 6'6 with shoes, I've read somewhere that he was measured at under 6'5 without shoes for the olympics, Kobe was a little under 6'5 too, Harden is 6'4 without shoes

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

The NBA does official barefoot measurements now or am I mistaken? Either way they will have to have Greens official measurements sooner or later. I expect 6'3.75 barefoot and shy of 6'5 in shoes. I think he can grow another inch. That wingspan will never come close to Mj/Kobe/Wade though

D-rock likes this.