1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020-21 Chris Paul on Phoenix Suns thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Clutch, Jan 2, 2021.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I think he will, run it back one more year.

hakeem94 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Personally, I much rather see him win one with Suns than with Lakers.

Kevooooo likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing is guaranteed anywhere but he should go chase a ring.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think Sarver wants him to leave, but I bet he comes back.

5. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I hope he misses the playoffs with the Lakers.

s3ts and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. He'll finish his career with the Lakers where his family is in LA also

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Suns wont win a ring with Cp3.

Cp3's best chance for a ring is on LA with Bron and AD.

s3ts and hakeem94 like this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

CP is going to Lakers he showed how far he can go with young goons... Give him healthy LBJ and AD and they win it next year

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. An evil soul producing holy witness is like a villain with a smiling cheek. A goodly apple rotten at the heart. Lebron is the devil and Lakers is the Hell. The false king wishes to corrupt pure apostle Paul. With promises of tainted gold and free tickets to Space Jam 2.

JumpMan and Omar Turcios like this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Chris Paul lengthened his career with going vegan or whatever the hell he did after being traded, but its clear as day that he's gonna decline significantly any minute now, it could very well be next season. He can trick someone in the offseason that he'll be worth $100 mil over three years, but I think you'd be lucky to get one good year out of that.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah he did it before he was traded. It didn't take the trade for it to happen. clear as day? He's coming off yet another all star, all nba season (2nd team this time), and going all the way to the nba finals. The dropoff doesnt work that way. funny how people have been waiting for this to happen for the longest and the opposite happens. People really don't understand how high iq skill players age. Especially being a gym rat. it really isn't that difficult but I guess that's what folks who think you just need to be fast think. This is where significant differences in IQ come into play, where we've seen a lot of cf's lack

#71 YOLO, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I've been riding with CP3 ever since he left the Rockets since his success has been karma and proven just how pathetic Tilman is.

But if he goes to the Lakers to chase, I'd wish for nothing more than for the Lakers to crash and burn yet again.

s3ts and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. RedRedemption

Athleticism doesn't fade that quickly I agree, but I'm talking about all those injuries piling up. This was an outlier season where he DIDN'T get significantly injured at some point. Going vegan might have helped him, or maybe last season's lockout + early first round exit in the bubble helped him with less mileage. If he truly boosted his recovery with his diet change then maybe that's not a big issue, but if he didn't then its likely gonna screw him in the next three years for sure.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

so what about the previous season when he was also fine. Another outlier huh. Your op said any minute now as in it'll happen immediately. Now you're talking the next 3 years He'll probably retire at the end of the next 3-4 years. he'll be 40. surprise

15. RedRedemption

Lockout (whoops, lockDOWN) and shortened season. Like I said, it could be his recovery actually got boosted with his regimen change, or we will see the same old **** affect him like it has all throughout his career (on an even more aged body) when we get another full season back.

And like you said... he's OLD. Lmao. Idk why we're all arguing when the things I'm saying are of no surprise for a 37+ year old.

Anyways. Chris needs to go ring chase. Suns aren't coming back to the finals unless they face injured teams again.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

The pause didn't matter. He wasn't dealing with anything prior. it's just that continuing lazy out for those still waiting for him to fall off. but nah he makes all nba 2nd team and goes all the way to the nba finals

when you act like hes just going to fall off 3 months from now, after everything he just did yet again 2 years from over half of cf's trying to say he's done, yeah that's why were arguing.

#76 YOLO, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

For me it comes down to how he chooses to do this. If he's going to be leaving Phoenix completely screwed, with him earning like 30+ mil again, I really don't know how someone would want him to succeed. He's NOT worth that much. Is he going to be willing to really turn into a role player or is he still going to be manning the ball all the time.

If I'm the Lakers, I don't chase after CP unless he's ready to start making a sacrifice.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The new Lakers Big 3:
    [​IMG]

Phoenix is supposed to have the best medical staff...

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't want CP3 to join the Lakers. I really don't want to root for their success.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Saric greets.