1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Many of you are selling Evan Mobley short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. kiwirocketsfan

Are you talking about Ben Simmons?

Dobbizzle, dmoneybangbang and D-rock like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Just spreading the good word of the Mobley tribe eh?

Dispute snippet of clips? Mobley is clearly using his quickness and bball IQ in these select plays from NCAA level competition. I fully understand why Mobley is ranked so highly, I just think there's too much of a chance he won't translate enough to justify him at #2. I think a lot of that is because of his body type, it's odd. A supposed defensive anchor that may struggle with positioning and rebounding? IDK.... with the #2.

No need for homophobic jokes Hannity....

Dobbizzle likes this.
  3. kiwirocketsfan

There's a chance he reaches 23. I've seen him fall there and further if you poke around enough mocks.

D-rock likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Take the L.

I was there too pushing for Ben Simmons, it was the wrong choice.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You take the L, you are very good at it.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do you deny that the majority of your posts about Mobley always seem to end up about his ass?

It was a touch sarcastic, but truth is truth.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

"...ridiculously good!"

Great vid, includes his bad passes too.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth ... There is no spoon."

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I love Mobley as a prospect, but he is so thin that you have to worry about injuries. Green is thin also. Both are great prospects, I just wish I could tell you which one would put on more bulk. Can't wait for draft night.

D-rock likes this.
  10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

11. mightybosstone

So after weeks of preferring Green, I think reading enough mocks and draft analysis and after really thinking about it, I've shifted to Mobley. The kid's passing and ball handling are what's convincing me. So few 7-footers have that. Maybe he never becomes a 25 PPG guy, but I'm not sure he has to if he's dishing out 5 assists, blocking 3 shots, getting double digit rebounds and scoring efficiently.

Honestly, the draft just needs to hurry up and happen so I can quit thinking about it. I fully expect to be back on the Green bandwagon at some point in the next week.

D-rock likes this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Mobley is considered a good rebounder ?

13. dmoneybangbang

LOL. You were pumping up Ben Simmons more than me..... posting all your tweets as you do when you are trying to makw your opinion into fact....

Take the L bruh.

14. dmoneybangbang

No.

cbass, Dobbizzle and BossHogg713 like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Do you deny you are the chief Mobley propagandadist? Chief ISO Harden propgandadist? Chief Ben Simmons propagandaist?

His frame and high of center of gravity is a concern when drafting a suppsoed defensive anchor. We are drafting for the NBA, not the Euroleague.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Watch Evan Mobleys defense on this tape pay attention to his defense. Mobley didnt have a particularly "good" game and was lucky he had talented teammates to bail him out and allow them to advance. Duarte was cooking him.

Bo6 likes this.
  17. mightybosstone

Not elite by any means, but you don't get 9 boards a game in college as a freshman by accident. Most draft profiles I've read on him mention him as at least being average to above average, though he doesn't compare favorably when you compare him to other elite bigs drafted in recent years. That being said, he does things as a big most other elite big prospects don't. I don't think double digit rebounds at the NBA level is out of the question, and he should at least develop into an 8-9 boards a night kind of player.

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Propaganda means misleading information. If anyone is spouting propaganda and false narratives its YOU.

I just retweet REMEMBER????

You really need to get an education. Google is free, use it.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You believe your stance was inferior so you point out someone else with same stance as MORE inferior?

Juvenile much?

Ben Simmons is 3× All Star and 2× NBA All Defense 1st team, he doesn't need me to defend him.

And still 25.

Unlike you, I don't waver in my beliefs.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are better than this.

Easy to pick poor games for any player.

There are games where a highly rated prospect scored ONLY ONE point.

And this is a guy that hangs his hat only on offense.

Verbal Christ likes this.