1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elite team D wins titles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 21, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

Let's be clear..... you are the most prolific poster of tweets after JR now. You are constantly posting tweets in support of whatever opinion you want and are constantly posting tweets making comparisons to some of the best big man and wings like KD and Giannis.

I would think it would be clear that when talking about current players, it would be obvious talking about future HOF...... Current players can't be in the HOF..... and if Ben Wallace is going to be the HOF then AD and Giannis will too (they all have rings).

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Reading is fundamental.

The comparisons are regarding very specific skills, play style or size.

No one has said that Mobley is the next AD or next Giannis, certainly not me.

Mobley is going to be the next Mobley IMO, whether that is HOF or not will depend on his progression.

But you are hypocritical AF, there are more posters and tweeters who liken Green to MJ + Kobe.

Comparing Mobley to AD or Bosh is NOTHING compared to saying Green is GOAT-like.

If anything you SHOULD be shaming those posters not me, after all which comparison is truly more hyperbolic?

Be honest now.

3. dmoneybangbang

No need to be a brat when someone disagrees with you.....

I'm saying it is very improbable Mobley will be as strong as Giannis. I truly don't know how much muscle Mobley can add on, but it's not going to close to Giannis level. Giannis has the full body strength to drive through Ayton and score, I don't see that in the cards for Mobley. You really don't understand leverage and center of gravity. I just think comparing Mobley to Giannis isn't a wise thing to do.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am torn between cade, jalen, and evan. I cant wait to see who I get to root for. Hopefully our brain trust gets it right because I sure cant figure it out.

HTXSportsAddict and D-rock like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

I'm talking about you and what you post here.

And I have read you and your tweets, and you seem to projecting Mobley to be some sort of amalgamation of the skills and abilities of AD, Ralph Sampson, KD, Giannis, and Bosh.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are full of it man.

You do not know for certain how strong ANY player will be, don't mask your biased opinion as a truth.

It's one thing to be concerned about a weakness and another thing entirely to unequivocally place a fake cap on a person's potential.

You don't know, stop acting like you do.

Highly Improbable??? Get out of here with that.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Not ONE of those players is the GOAT.

Where are YOU when other players are being compared to Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, 2 of the VERY GREATEST who have ever played.

Not just HOFers, the GREATEST ever.

Hypocrite much?

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Positionless basketball is NOW, not just the future.

9. dmoneybangbang

I never claimed I knew for certain, just said I don't think he'll have the full body strength of Giannis.

Smoke some weed bruh

Of course I don't know, but the scouting reports indicate Mobley has narrow shoulders, thin frame, and a high center of gravity. It's the high ass that scares me the most, you already forgot about dropping that ass.

You keep acting like I think Mobley isn't some top draft pick, I just don't prefer him at #2.

Glad his dad believes in him, but the appeal to the emotion doesn't hold much weight.

10. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We do not need to draft Mobley with our 2nd pick, I would rather take Jalen Green and then move up and take Isaiah Jackson. Both are almost the same weight and height/wingspan....elite and versatile defenders, excel in block shots and rebounding and both should be on the NBA all defense team in the future.....We need to draft Jalen Green

Isaiah Jackson HT: 6-10 1/2 – WT: 206 – WING: 7-2 1/2

Evan Mobley HT: 7-0 – WT: 210 – WING: 7-4

charlieaustin likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

I never claimed any of them were the GOAT and I also don't post hundreds of tweets.

Why am I responsible for other posters? I consistently say I don't like Kobe and MJ comparisons, but Green himself made the Kobe comparison and it gets discussed. I don't particularly like it from Green either, since he hasn't done anything in the NBA yet.

12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

just bc they were the most talented team doesn't mean they didn't have a ton of luck.

2015 finals they went up against lebron with klove and kyrie both out. how is that any more competitive than any of the teams that were in the playoffs this year?

even in playoff series where it's become an afterthought... warriors had a lot of luck, like the grizzlies series in 2015 where the grizz were up 2-1 and then conley broke his face.

then there's the obvious ones with spurs up nearly 30 on the road in game 1 and then zaza injures kawhi... spurs were one of the most dominant teams statistically that year, who says with him healthy warriors would've advanced? rockets in 2017-2018 were a historically dominant team and it took cp3 getting injured and scott foster for the warriors to win. were the warriors really the better team then? without all that luck going their way, do you truly believe warriors would've gotten through? just like do you think kawhi and the raps would've beaten a healthy kd+klay warriors team in the 2019 finals? c'mon now, we all know injury luck has determined way too many outcomes in any sport, stop trying to deny that obvious fact.

13. vince

vince Member

Well it's all relative in the playing environment. I remember in the 90's there may not have been a team scoring above 100 points in the whole NBA for certain seasons. Now-days, it seems every team score upwards of 100 points per game, even the bad offensive teams -- wink wink.

I'm talking about shut down defenses that used to exist in years past. Of course there will be teams that allow less points than others, but they still are giving up a boat load of points. And if the defense is too aggressive, you end up having your top players foul out too soon.

I don't care for the matador (Ole-style) defense employed by too many players. And it seems that neither do a lot of folks either, as seen by the dismal domestic ratings the NBA is plagued by. But so much is due to the NBA playing a key part in squeezing out the defensive juggernaut players that used to dominate the NBA scene. Hence why we ended up with a guard-style dominated 3 point shooting league.

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The grizz had no chance. That grit n grind bullshit was never going to win anything. You cant win a title when you cant score. Its a joke people pretend like they were ever going to beat the warriors conley or no conley. The warriors had the best record in the league. You act like they would not have still been able to win if none of the teams they faced were injured. That team was great on both ends and still would have been in the finals easily. The difference is we know the bucks would have lost in round 2 because they only survived on KD having a toe on the line as a one man army. No kyrie, one leg harden, and MIA joe harris. This bucks team is not elite, the warriors were.

Don't compare this to the raptors either. They beat philly with jimmy butler and the bucks at FULL STRENGTH. Two of their victories against the warriors they had the same team that swept the blazers and rockets couldn't even force a game 7 against.

I guess you didn't even read my post because i said injuries happen but never before have this many top 10 players gone down in the post season.

15. HardenVolumeOne

they let Tracy mcgrady in the hall of fame. Anybody who was voted an all star at least 3 times is possibly a lock. Weakest hall of fame out of all the 4 major sports

16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

this many top 10 players went down? who? AD, harden, kawhi... who else after that who is a top 10 player and went down this playoffs? kyrie sure as hell ain't top 10. and fakers were 7th seed playing like **** all season, not like they were going to make much noise anyways. who on that team other than lebron and ad can do anything? kuzma? schroeder?? lmao... and ad you can just pencil in as injured every season anyways. not like him being injured this season is any different. everyone else like giannis, embiid, trae young, donovan mitchell, cp3.. sure they got minor injuries but injuries like those always happen in every damn playoffs. hell.. cp3 and embiid are always known to get injured in the playoffs.

and why the f*** are u siding with a gay*** warriors team that all of us rockets fans hate with a passion? that team did not have the best record in the league 2018... the truly elite team that year was the rockets and even with cp3 injured, if it weren't for adam silver sending in his cronies foster brothers for game 6 and 7, then the rockets would have added on to their near 20 point leads in both games to the point that it would have been a blowout win for the rockets. and the year the warriors did have the best record in the league with 73 wins, they didn't win the championship. truly elite teams don't lose by 30 points at home in game 1 until they send out their goon to take out the other team's star... any non-casual knows if kawhi was healthy in that gsw spurs series, then spurs would've likely taken that series given how **** of a coach steve kerr really is, and given how crap their team chemistry was despite all that high end talent.

if u want to complain about a team winning a championship that should have an asterisk, it really should be last year's lakers with the bubble playoffs and having a 3 month break, not having to go thru an entire grueling season and not having to travel for road games, and no fan attendance. stop giving the suns and bucks **** for this year when every team had their chance...

and i never liked milwaukee or giannis but they've been an elite team for the past three seasons.. had the best winning pct the previous 2 seasons and this yr they were still up there in advanced stats. they just really clicked, got the right personnel this time around with jrue holiday and pj tucker, and made the right adjustments in the playoffs. just like the 94-95 rockets who were the 6th seed, struggled getting by the first few rounds, then really started clicking against the spurs and then steamrolled the magic. or is that team also undeserving of a championship bc they aren't a truly elite team for barely sneaking into the playoffs?

in brooklyn's case, it really is on harden for being a lazy ****** the past offseason... if he actually took things seriously the past yr instead of flirting with lil baby, he wouldn't have had all those hamstring flareups. that's on him and him only. not bc of what is, in your opinion, a fluke season.

#136 clutchdabear, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

GSW small ball was not just on offense.

They had #1 defense before KD.

#POSITIONLESS

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Absolutely he is

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Roc Paint

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I really don’t know why y’all keep arguing the same things. If Mobley turns into his best case and Green turns into his best case than it doesn’t matter either choice will be great and either choice will still require a lot more to be done by the organization.

the real argument should be which player is more likely to reach their peak…. Of which there will still be much arguing but at least it’s not the same “ou need a big”, “you need defense”, “you need guard creators”, “he’s rarer”, etc.

Yeah you need all of that. Someone isn’t rare if they don’t pan out just like someone isn’t a highlight reel or leading scorer or whatever if they don’t pan out.

D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.