1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jul 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

5.0%
  2. Suns in 5

12.5%
  3. Suns in 6

41.3%
  4. Suns in 7

15.0%
  5. Bucks in 7

11.3%
  6. Bucks in 6

11.3%
  7. Bucks in 5

2.5%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

Over the whole playoffs though he hasnt been good. Anything can happen in small sample sizes. Him taking mid range shots is what teams want.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. HP3

HP3 Member

He really is a good dude man.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I got you @hakeem94

From 10-16 ft Giannis shot 49.2% this postseason. This also comprised 13% of shots. Not an insignificant number. I wouldn't want Giannis taking much more than that, but sometimes its the best available shot, due to the defense, circumstance or just because of energy conservation.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/antetgi01.html#all_shooting-playoffs_shooting

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

I don't give a damn even if a talking dog was the coach at this point.
    Oh except Jason Kidd. F that guy.

6. malakas

malakas Member

I have been a fan since 2013. Not very long compared to others.

But I have had many many many nights waking up at 3am staying till 6 to watch defeat after defeat.

I have seen how the team was blackmailed with relocation.
    I have seen the tears and desperation of the locals who from small towns and villages rallied up to call up every single politician to pressure the approval of the stadium.

I have seen Jabari our shiny "future star" break his ACL twice.
    I have seen Jason Kidd coaching.
    I have seen dump trade after dump trade.
    I have seen the owners meddling Fertita style.actually even worse. They blew up trades they blew up signings with their kids leaking info to twitter.

Milwaukee has been one of the most idiotic organizations of the league with a huge inferiority complex.
    With nepotism small minded owners, and decision makers.
    With beaten up desperate fans who have been hanging up to their Fandom despite all that

And now we are nba champions.
    That is karma and that is luck.

And never ever did I really believe all these nights I have stayed up that I would live to watch a championship.

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Plus, Bud to his credit made a great deal of adjustments as the postseason went on. He went from not playing Portis at all to playing him big minutes in the finals. He cut Lopez minutes from 30+ to the mid 20's. Played Giannis at center more. Implemented more of the Giannis middleton pick and roll and a few others small lineup/scheme changes that Zach Lowe pointed out in his last two podcasts.

Patience, ilias, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

CP3 is a playoff, series-ending, losing-streak maestro.

When not, he's DNPing multiple games due to injury for the series end, the losing end.

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

guarantee youll be one of those showing the lakers a whole lot of that respect next year

HP3 likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

There are a whole lot of people showing "respect" to the Bucks by denigrating the Harden lol. At least we have a reason to like the Nets. Lmao they use Giannis as a vehicle to bash Harden.

jerryclark likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and he dont need to, imho the biggest gain in shooting these is them being a counter to drive and adding to variety in order to keep defenses on their heels, to keep them guessing in order to make his drives and rim attacks even more effective, as well as adding more feedback to his aiming mechanism, helping calibrate and orient better helping his shooting in general, and just adding to his flow and joy of playing in general, where you dont have to think twice before pulling up from somewhere and it makes it easier to get in the groove and relax which is crucial for playing a good quality basketball

btw
    thank you, these tables/charts are very useful!

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its better to take a midrange then to fumble a shot ( just ask devin booker or harden at the end of game 1 2015 wcf) or worse yet become a virtual non threat in the clutch like harden has become

unfortunately harden's strive for efficiency has become penny pinching at some point... he needs to be less efficient (anyone does actually) in order to be able to play more freely and become more equipped for the clutch and the post season where you need midrange, variety and unpredictability because scheming is tighter and you need every inch of space, because you cant avoid that shot all the time, then suddenly use it in the most important stretch of the game or the year.

HP3 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Silas on midrange:

Patience likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/2721866/202...-antetokounmpos-50-piece-trip-to-chick-fil-a/

All was running smoothly inside the Chick-fil-A in Brookfield, Wis., on Wednesday morning, with orders whizzing out the drive-thru window one after the other. No one suspected a viral moment was brewing just outside the restaurant. That changed when Jared, one of the team leaders working the morning shift Wednesday, opened a text message from one of his friends: Giannis is on Instagram Live saying he’s about to go through a Chick-fil-A drive-thru. Is it yours?

Jared looked out the window. He saw a white Mercedes Benz SUV in line.

“I was like, ‘Yeah, it’s ours,'” Jared recalled later.

There are two things you should know right away about Jared, who preferred not to reveal his last name publicly for this story. The first is that he considers himself a “pretty big car guy,” so he recognized Giannis Antetokounmpo’s ride from the Bucks superstar’s occasional trips through the drive-thru. The second is that Jared is a “huge Bucks fan,” a Milwaukee native who spent Tuesday night rejoicing at Fiserv Forum as Antetokounmpo scored 50 points in Game 6 against the Suns to end the Bucks’ 50-year wait for a second NBA title.

“It feels like a fairytale,” Jared said. “Even when the Bucks were bad, or when they were fighting for the eighth seed to get into the playoffs, I remember those years and loving that. To think that we are now Finals champions in 2021? A buddy and I were talking (after the game). We were like, ‘This doesn’t feel real.’ If you’d have told us this six years ago, we’d have been like, ‘Yeah, whatever.'”

After the game, Jared headed home to sleep. His shift started at 8 a.m.

Antetokounmpo did not sleep. He started his postgame news conference by kissing the Larry O’Brien Trophy and the Bill Russell NBA Finals MVP Award and saying, “Party. This is time to party.” The celebration in Milwaukee carried on all night. Antetokounmpo took the trophies with him everywhere. He wasn’t sure when he needed to give them back, but they were his until someone told him differently. So, around 10 a.m., the trophies were in Antetokounmpo’s lap as he started an Instagram Live stream and told the hundreds, then thousands, then tens of thousands watching that he was headed to Chick-fil-A. He was deliriously happy, hungover and hungry.

In the drive-thru line, Giannis asked the employee taking his order if he could show her on the stream. She smiled and said that was fine.

“There’s 150,000 people watching you right now,” he said.

“Really?!” she replied.

By then, word was spreading inside the restaurant. And in case Antetokounmpo needed to telegraph his presence any further, he laid down an order that will go down in Chick-fil-A lore. He started with a 50-piece serving of chicken nuggets (called Chick-n-Minis on the menu). “Fifty exactly,” he said. “Not 51, not 49.” Next came the large drink. “No ice. Half Sprite. Half lemonade.” After his girlfriend, Mariah Riddlesprigger, had ordered, Antetokounmpo added two sausage burritos to top off an order totaling more than 6,000 calories.

This was no secret mission. As Bucks fans showed up outside, Antetokounmpo egged them on from the passenger seat. “BUCKS IN SIX!” he chanted, and they chimed in. When a fan asked if he could touch the Larry O’Brien Trophy, Antetokounmpo told him, “Yes, touch it. Fast, fast, hurry!” The fan reached through the window, touched the trophy and ran away screaming.

Jared, the team leader, went outside to maintain order. In the past, when athletes have come by the store, many have had no desire to be mobbed by fans asking for autographs and selfies. Jared has learned to read their body language. Is their window rolled up? Are they trying to hide? Are they ignoring the people outside? If so, Jared would help steer away the crowd. But Antetokounmpo clearly was having fun. So, Jared stood back.

When Antetokounmpo saw Jared, though, he decided to shoot his shot. He asked for free Chick-fil-A for life.

“I wanted to be like, ‘Absolutely, here’s free Chick-fil-A as much as you want, anytime you want,'” Jared said later, “especially being a Milwaukee boy. But I laughed and was like, ‘Man, I really wish I could do this, but …’ I’ve got a job to uphold. I can’t do that. It’s not my decision to make.”

They took a selfie, and then Antetokounmpo rolled on. Inside the SUV, Antetokounmpo told his girlfriend, “Babe, I thought we were going to get Chick-fil-A for life,” and then looked into the camera and joked, “That’s why I signed in Milwaukee — so I could get free Chick-fil-A for life.” This led to Riddlesprigger explaining to Antetokounmpo that a local store can’t make these calls. Undeterred, Antetokounmpo tried again at the pick-up window, telling two supervisors, “I’m putting you guys on the spot. Free Chick-fil-A for life?” One told him to win a title again next year and they’d make it happen.

All the while, more than 160,000 were watching on Instagram, and clips of Antetokounmpo’s “50-piece” order and his wholesome interactions with fans and Chick-fil-A employees spread across social media. Because the order was so large and fans had swarmed their SUV, Antetokounmpo and Riddlesprigger drove off for five minutes, circled the block and came back when their food was ready. For the next few hours, employees were flooded with texts and calls from friends who saw them on Antetokounmpo’s Instagram. They didn’t have much time to slow down and savor the moment, as the breakfast rush quickly turned into the lunch rush, but they were buzzing about it for the rest of the day.

“Our staff is still rockin’,” Jared said, taking a timeout for a mid-afternoon call. “It’s been a very hectic day, but in a good way. … It’s just awesome, Giannis sharing this with fans and even just creating that moment at a local Chick-fil-A. Just humbled that he came to our store and decided to eat with us.”

Little Bit and malakas like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When a fan asked if he could touch [it], Antetokounmpo told him, “Yes, touch it. Fast, fast, hurry!” The fan reached through the window, touched [it] and ran away screaming.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

dam i also want superpowers from touching yannis' pp

KingCheetah likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Wait; does that mean he will leave now? Giannis to the Rockets, the true heir to Hakeem

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I think I might have come across such videos on the internet before.