1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mobley only working out for the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 7uche, Jul 20, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cuttino is his father.

DD

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

LOL. "Conversations circulating the web." Anyone who actually watched him in the G League wouldn't question that he's at least 6'5.

D-rock likes this.
  3. sydmill

sydmill Member

Who do you think the Rockets should select? If Green, do you think choosing a guy who is "barely a top 20 guy" in his prime is the best use of that asset? I agree with this opinion of Green and it is much the reason I prefer betting on Mobley to become something more by the time he reaches his ceiling.

My reasonable prime comp for Mobley is a cross between Gobert and Adebayo on Defense with a Brad Miller-in-Sacramento type offense*. A multiple time all defensive team pick who gives you 15-20 ppg and 3 or 4 assists.

Harden (1), Curry (2), LeBron (4) and KD (1) are all MVPs. I do not really agree that Davis is in that category of player. I think he is in that next tier of guys who are all NBA 1st or 2nd team.

I think its hard to answer the top 10 or 20 question because those guys are different for every fan. I will say that I do not think the following top 20 scorers from this season are top 20 type players: Lavine, Williamson, Irving, Booker, Fox, Sexton, Randle, & Ingram.
    I do not think the following top 20 assist leaders from this season are top 20 type players: Draymond, Fox, Butler, Derozan, Sabonis, McConnell, Rubio, Vanvleet, Lamelo, Garland, Holiday and Randle.

* I think Mobley has the length that Gobert does to protect the rim but some of the mobility that Adebayo does to cover out on the floor. Also, his length acts as a mobility mutipler in that he can give more of a cushion due to his ability to recover and contest with his long arms. Brad Miller was no world beater but for a hot minute there he was a big part of that Sacramento offense. I think Mobley could develop into the shooter that Miller was but he already has that level of passing and is a much better athlete (as a roll man for example).

#83 sydmill, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  4. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Side note... does anyone else hate the current fashion trend of shorter shorts?

5. TimDuncanDonaut

Is Jalen Green related to Gerald Green?

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So basically the Cavs have assured Mobley and his team that he won't get past them at 3.

D-rock likes this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

The only person that can pull off that look in modern NBA is Bol Bol.

Always in favor of more coverage of the man zone.

#87 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 21, 2021
    Genesis likes this.
  8. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Truth is you need both solid guard play and solid bigs who can be either versatile or dominant, but in recent years the most skilled bigs have been winning the chips. Giannis is a mixture of both skill(ball handling and driving the lane) and dominance(strength and defense) which makes him unique.
    The Rockets have good crop of guards in my opinion. I believe the Rockets can develop what we currently have with the group we have. IMO we need to look to improve up front. Wood is a piece, but not the center piece. We need a up front to anchor for the team. I think drafting Mobley gives us another piece to build a versatile yet dominant, balanced team.

#88 ballplayer, Jul 21, 2021
  9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

We finally figured out who the nephew of Uncle Jeff is!

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Similar abilities on the court.

11. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Giannis was also only 6'9" as a rookie

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The latter is closer to Danny Green.

13. TimDuncanDonaut

Adam Silver announces the new expansion team: Las Vegas Mean Greens.

Jalen Green (pg)
    Gerald Green (sg)
    Danny Green (sf)
    Jeff Green (pf)
    Draymond Green (c)

Coach Willie Green (currently Sun's assistant coach)

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's AC Green's son

15. csc177

csc177 Member

It's subjective man. Don't general statements like "anyone who actually watched him". He actually doesn't look 6'5 watching him play, and looked noticeably shorter than KPJ when they played against each other. (Keep in mind KPJ is listed at 6'4, which I don't think is true - I've seen him in person and dude is probably 6'6).

Nevertheless....I hope his measurables do check out - especially since I think he'll be a rocket and a young star at that.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

So I guess 196 lbs is okay then.

:rolleyes:o_O

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

got to show off leg day lol

Genesis likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

AD at the very least was widely considered a top 5 player and definitely a superstar, so u should be comparing him to guys on his level, not Lavine and Beal

Bron, KD, Steph, Harden, Giannis, Kawhi, Embiid, Jokic, Lillard, Luka, AD…these guys are all jockeying for position in the top 10…each and every single one is a high level scorer and/or playmaker…then u have other top players like Tatum, Paul George, CP3, and Zion…all them score and/or playmake at a high level…the amount of guys that don’t that are considered top 20 players is minuscule to non-existent

then u have young players knocking on the door of top 20 status or who might have pushed themselves there after these playoffs like Booker, Donavan Mitchell, and Trae Young…Ja Morant is coming as well

it’s not hard to imagine Jalen Green becoming a top scorer in this league, and how good he ultimately becomes will depend on how much his playmaking improves

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What's was old is new.

John Stockton nuthuggers were the worst. Dude must have gone through a stick of Gold Bond every week.

Genesis likes this.
  20. vator

vator Contributing Member