1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Westbrook says running real fast to the rim and dunk is a valuable skill.

2. riko

riko Member

Yes its not just hardens scoring. Its also his amazing passing and plymaking ability in combination of the scoring which forces teams to create a new defensive schemes to stop him. Dude can make his teammates better and still get his. An absloutley all time great level talent.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Bump

Giannis not looking to shabby vs miami

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Giannis >>>>> Harden

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao, weakest playoff runs in NBA history. Like I said get off his jock, you're bitter, focus on the draft.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This has been a weird finals for me. I wanted the Suns to win (mostly because I like Monty Williams), and I didn't like Giannis' playing style.

Now that it's over. I am actually happy that the dude has proven all the salty Harden fans wrong. The "unskilled" and "he's carried by Middleton and Jrue" narrative is so laughable now.

I don't think Giannis is a better player than Harden. But he plays hard all the time and steps up on the big stage, not wilting when the going gets tough. I hope our future franchise player is like that.

IvanLCPM, bballjunkie, Bo6 and 9 others like this.
  7. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Giannis is easily a better player than Harden. Can you imagine Harden playing well in every game in the Finals? Maybe 1 or 2. Not 6 on both ends of the floor.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden is a better player in a vacuum. The things that he can do on offense is amazing. He would do well if he had Holiday playing defense for him and Middleton as a two-way second banana. The biggest knock on Harden is that he doesn't bring it all the time, especially in elimination games. This is why he is great in the regular season but you kind of have to hold your breath when it's the playoffs.

I've always said that character is one of the most underrated talents in the NBA.

roslolian, JW86 and Tfor3 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nope, then his fans say he had no help.
    You did mention his defense but imagine Jrue going 4-20 and the inconsistent Middleton. One night good for 38, the next 14.
    “He has no help!”

Easy, roslolian and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Giannis “I wish I could get high, drink, party all the time, eat trash, be fat and slum around Paris with lil babies but nah… I got a Championship to win.”

IvanLCPM, Htown's Finest, Bo6 and 6 others like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Giannis had to go thru THAT Warriors team to win a championship- impressive.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

I know… foreign concept to Harden when it matters.

Htown's Finest and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Giannis has more MVPs, hardware and a finals MVP Harden doesnt have. He also beat Harden's team and sent him home personally. He is only 26 and still has room to get better. His game 7 performance of 50, 14, 5 blocks and 42 mins played is something Harden can never replicate. He also stayrd and repped the Bucks whereas Harden backstabbed Houston on the way out to make his own superfriends. Giannis is better, end of story. Case closed.

You are the bitter one here stop obsessing over Harden for crying out loud.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

And if Giannis had to face the KD warriors any time or a fully healthy Nets team, he would have nothing. Lmao he sent a hospital bed team home, congrats. He also played a non Lebron team in the finals. And if Giannis had played any ELITE(i mean with truly elite defensive forces) defensive teams unlike the Suns then he would never have that stat line. He had a better coach and team in Miluwaukee than Harden for all expect one year. Lmao make up your mind, I thought you liked the Nets trade dont talk out of both sides of your mouth. Harden has done a lot for Houston, blame your owner if you want to be salty. We also have the number two pick the draft, which we wouldnt have gotten if we hadnt tanked, something you were also agaisnt. Nope, he's not better. You have made zero good arguments, dont waste my time.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I swear this forum runs in 2 parallel universes.

Easy, Plowman, Os Trigonum and 5 others like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are the one with zero good arguments lol. I like the nets trade but obv we would've gotten more if Harden didnt stab the team in the back. Maybe 5 picks instead of 4, you never know what we do know is all the **** Harden pulled dragged down his value.

You are the one with zero good arguments when your arguments all hinge on a what if scenario it's not a good argument. What if isnt reality. Reality is Giannis delivered and Harden didnt. Reality is Giannis had the legendary game 7 perf Harden didnt. Maybe next year Harden wins with his superfriends but thats not the reality right now.

Giannis > Harden

Case closed.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don’t care if Giannis scores 200 points a game and wins the next 20 chips. **** that guy!!!!

gmoney411 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Nope, you're wasting my time again. Then blame Stone for the garbage trade, Harden had two years left on his deal, they made the trade with the Nets. Dont think you could just send him to some bumb team lmao. Harden didnt down his value, people knew what they were getting. Some temas(including our own) was stupid about it.

Wtf lmao. Its called examining context and having a nuanced take. You just dont like examining circumstances cause it doesnt fit your narrative.

Mhmm...good one lol.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As I said, he didn't have the best conditions growing up.

Would have been more fundamentally sound and skilled if he had.

The Harden comparisons are bit laughable, very different player types and personalities.

Every time you pit a skilled guard against a big.

Maybe he turns into a strip joint visitor in later years, doubtful.

The problem is Harden doesn't even really care about his fans' wishes, his motivation in the playoffs are really miniscule.

#759 daywalker02, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Easy likes this.
  20. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Lmao, I wish we had a universe where both Harden and Giannis were on the Rockets and won the ring, maybe people will stop fighting here. :p

daywalker02 likes this.