1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jul 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

5.0%
  2. Suns in 5

12.5%
  3. Suns in 6

41.3%
  4. Suns in 7

15.0%
  5. Bucks in 7

11.3%
  6. Bucks in 6

11.3%
  7. Bucks in 5

2.5%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

No, once I saw foster was the ref and the game was decided, there was no need to watch. Waste of time

everyday eddie and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

let that hate out of your heart brother.

appreciate greatness.

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  3. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I could see the Bucks return to the finals, they have been one of the best teams in the east for the past three seasons, but Phoenix definitely won’t. Yes they were good all season but they were really lucky with some of these teams they faced being injured and the west is just so damn tough.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Straight class right here. Obviously hard to accept now but the Suns had a great ride during this run

#2144 YOLO, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Bucks will never be in the finals again as long as the Nets are around. What you are seeing right now is peak Giannis, its hard for me to imagine him getting better as a player because he really wont.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Even if he doesn't get better you can argue he's the best player in the NBA. If not best, top 5.

If he gets even better, if he becomes a better shooter or gets a go-to low post move it's pretty much over with. He'll win a few more rings if he does.

As for the Nets, maaaaan I keep telling people, that team might not ever be healthy for it to matter. If they don't win next year that team is going to lose a lot of luster

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yup.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

I think against a team that matches up better against him can do wonders. Lakers,Heat,Clippers, just better defensive players. Will see what happens next year, but he has an argument. He's top 6 right now. There are 5 players that I think are better.

Its unlikely, his shooting mechanics are really bad and his shoulders are big, dont see it. He wont lol.

It depends on how each guy comes into next season. Just Harden and KD is enough tbh.

jerryclark likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Don't worry, the Rockets definitely won't with Tilman in charge.

And Tilman's smug kid.

And his kid's kid.

You get the point.

Your hatred is obviously ill placed, but you'll see eventually.

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think he's going to get better.

I think he's either going to develop his low post game or his mid range game (which he's shown flashes of already). I think Giannis is of the Kobe, Duncan, Jordan mold as far as drive goes. Not that he's going to win 5 rings...but he's going to get better every year or wear himself out trying.

He just seems to just get it. Not afraid of failure and always working to get better.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Doubt it. Maybe he will.

Nothing more than Variance, he will not be sustaining that shooting and their will be better defenses against him

Anything is possible.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dang, this is sad to listen to -- especially from a good dude :

Easy, Emtenndo and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yea okay granny thanks for sharing

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yea this team was about to be down 2-0 and looked like they would be swept by just kyrie and kd

The most this playoffs really proved is that giannis is durable. Which to be fair is pretty good to have for your star player

HP3 likes this.
  17. omar23

omar23 Member

Congrats to the 2021 NBA Champion Milwaukee Bucks! Giannis played with great heart and determination. Happy to see PJ Tucker get a ring. Great total team effort.

An all-time performance from Antetokounmpo
    It's not hyperbole to say that Giannis Antetokounmpo put together one of the best single-game performances ever in NBA Finals history in Game 6. His effort and efficiency were off the charts.

With his production, Antetokounmpo became just the seventh player in NBA history to score 50-plus points in a Finals game. He also became the first player ever to record 50 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks in a playoff game, per ESPN Stats and Info. He accounted for 47.6 percent of Milwaukee's points on Tuesday night. That's the fourth-highest in a Finals game in the shot-clock era. Michael Jordan and Elgin Baylor are the only players to record a higher percentage during that span.

Antetokounmpo was especially productive in the second half of the contest, where he scored 33 of his 50 total points. Over the last 50 years, only two players have scored at least 33 points in a half of a Finals game. Michael Jordan and Antetokounmpo. Not bad company for the Bucks star, who put on a performance in Game 6 that won't soon be forgotten.

(cbssports.com)

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Giannis is the clear best player in the league. He's taken the crown with his performance in these playoffs.

ilias and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I can respect him, but I don’t have to like him. I didn’t like Kobe until his ass announced he was retiring.

GermanRakete likes this.
  20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Neither of these teams coming back to the finals next season though.

Lakers v Nets if they are both healthy next season. Especially when sadboy CP3 goes ring chasing at a discount.

If Giannis somehow starts a Bucks dynasty I might just quit watching the NBA entirely though. Scary that that is a possibility.