1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Title Odds

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jordnnnn, Jul 21, 2021.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Early odds are out. Doesn’t look good for the home team.

[​IMG]

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Warriors will be the best team in the West next year.

Get Klay back and likely will add another all-star player should they choose to flip their draft picks or wiseman for one...and have the championship pedigree as well. They are going to be right back in the title hunt next season.

3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Disagree but I'm going to have fun cheering against the ass bros next year

BlastOff likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

2 top 4 picks in 2 years. Giddy up.

[​IMG]

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I know that Steph was amazing for a few months last year, but we haven't seen someone do that for a full season and playoffs since maybe Jordan. Klay is a totally question mark after all those injuries, and I don't see how he can be counted to part time guard the best perimeter players like he used to.

I think their draft picks may be useful, but I don't know if Wiseman has as much value as he would have on draft day. There is NBA tape for people to pick him apart now.

Lastly, I just don't see the good trade partner unless a star elsewhere says they will only to go GSW. Plus to make the money work that other team has to take back Wiggins, which will cost the Warriors a lot.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I agree with these early odds.

Nets and Bucks
    Lakers and Warriors

Very good reason to believe these will be the top 2 teams in each conference.

If Kawhi wasn’t an injury question I wouldn’t be surprised with the Clippers either.

Just don’t see a high probability for any other team unless some extremely fortunate injuries take place. Which after this year I guess isn’t as unlikely as some might think.

MettaWorldPete and JayGoogle like this.
  7. MettaWorldPete

I see them as the West Nets, a team built on a generation of stars that are starting to have health issues, with some youth that could develop. Should be interesting, I already can’t for the playoffs…gonna be a long offseason and regular season.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. Asian Sensation

Early?

[​IMG]

Free agency hasn’t even begun and it’s like 2 weeks away.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Beal makes a ton of sense. Wizards want to rebuild, they'd happily send out Beal for one of those picks and Wiseman, that's an easy trade for them to make, even if they take back Wiggins, doesn't matter, their window isn't anytime soon. Wiseman wasn't terrible either, people have to remember bigs take a 2-3 years before they really start flashing, Wiseman wasn't terrible...just a lost rookie.

I think Curry, Beal, Klay, Green, that's a helluva core right there, even if Klay is 50% of himself.

Beal at least makes more sense than the Lillard rumors...but they have some good assets to swing a big trade for immediate help. I don't know who that is right now exactly, could be someone that isn't even rumored to be available, but I doubt they stick with those picks at the very least.

Maybe they trade for Simmons and they would have the shooters to put around him for him to play a lot better in their system. That could be interesting at least. He could definitely play that small ball 5 role that Green has played for years.

Maybe it's a team thats in mediocrity limbo like the Pacers, Myles Turner would be a nice addition for them and the Pacers could add some young players to their team.

I just fully expect them to trade those picks they have and Wiseman too if they have to...and teams will take back Wiggins (I believe) for a great prospect like Moody or Barnes or whoever would fall to that #7 spot.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah I think this is about right.

Lakers will get better I am sure too. Probably won't be able to make big splash moves (although who knows how desperate CP3/Lowry would be to take a huge pay cut to play with Lebron in LA...can never predict stuff like that) and I'm sure the Bucks will add to their depth and be right there again.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Do they? I mean there have rumors about trading Beal for years now and they have never pulled the trigger. This is the first year they made the playoffs in forever and they can definitely do it again by running it back in a top heavy East with RWB, Beal, and Rui.

12. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I think if there's not going to be another new superteam next season, I give the Nets the biggest chance to win it. (barring injuries). Can't wait to see who goes where to form a new one, if ever.