1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis Antetokounmpo appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Going back to the murder anaolgy, very few premeditated murderer would be caught holding a gun over his victim. If the goal is to prove or disprove whether Giannis is a dirty player intentionally injuring Kyrie, not being caught looking at Kyrie's feet would be expected just like not catching the murderer with a gun in his hand would be expected. That's why pointing out Giannis not looking at Kyrie's feet is not relevant just like noting a guy not holding a gun in a murder case in vast majority cases tells you close to nothing.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Honestly, if the officials called him for travelling, palming, pushing off, or charging, he would score 6ppg.

I hate watching him because he has an undeveloped skillet which is permitted to be elite due to no-calls.

Good thing Middleton is carrying him to a championship!!

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wasn’t a fan of Shaq. Not a fan of Giannis. Brute force ballers just aren’t my cup o tea.

Doesn’t mean they can’t be damn effective.

And if they aren’t brain dead they can be awesome players. Sorry Westbrook…

Easy likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wish you had the time to provide us a video with this evidence. I'm talking break down a couple of games that defends this stance of yours. It's pretty damn extreme.

Salvy likes this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Really?
    Watch his left arm when he is driving with a defender on him. He is allowed to have the arm raised as an arm bar, but cannot extend. He extends frequently.
    Count his steps after he gathers, watch his feet before he dribbles. Granted, he isn't Robinson Crusoe on this issue, but his footwork is sloppy and poor fundamentally (Hakeem must vomit every time he sees it)
    Watch defenders get set in front of him, barrelled to the ground, and called for blocks.
    Palming - again, not Robinson Crusoe, but umm....

I could probably make you a video from todays game of all 4 quite easily, but I am pathetically inept when it comes to video making, apologies!

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, here's his highlights from games 3 and 5 of this Finals series...and none of those things you mentioned, happened.

Have those things happened in past games, even this season? Absolutely. But in the sport's biggest stage, it hasn't happened. The only thing people can ding Giannis on, is his FTs.

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It’s actually not. How can I argue with you if I don’t know which plays you’re speaking of? I missed game 3 and 4. But there are bad calls in every game.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I understand what you're saying. The probabilities don't change by pointing out something that was a virtual certainty anyway. But I don't agree with the assumption that it was virtually certain, or even to be expected, that Giannis wouldn't look or even glance in Kyrie's direction while intentionally trying to hurt him. I think there's a fair chance he would do so, especially absent any other obvious unnatural movements on his part.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBA Champion
    1x Finals MVP
    2x MVP
    5x All-NBA
    5x All-Star
    4x All-Defensive Team
    1x DPOY
    1x All-Star Game MVP
    1x MIP
    1x All-Rookie

PUT SOME ******* RESPEK ON HIS NAME

malakas, Mr Woods, Salvy and 2 others like this.
  10. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Giannis to Harden.

If I got to choose a coast I got to choose the East
    I live out there, so don't go there

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Giannis actually shows up when it matters. Your franchise player needs to drop historic numbers in these kind of games.

Harden shows up short everytime when we need him to drop 50 in the playoffs.

12. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

U got that right. Much better than step back miss 3s. Imagine if he actually consistent with free throws and jumpers. I guess there will never be a near perfect player like Jordan.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Wasn’t a fan before, but I am now. He’s stamped. His motor and will to win impressed me the most. Literally this dude is like a giant sized Westbrook with a brain because he knows his limitations and plays within himself.

malakas, ilias, Mr Woods and 3 others like this.
  14. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

lol with a brain

15. AXG

AXG Member

Poor Harden. It doesn't take a lot of skill to run and dunk but it wins a championship.

malakas, Salvy and Sanctity like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

See what happens when you just try to make the bucket and don't try to game the system?

NBA Champion.

DD

Salvy, Sanctity and durvasa like this.
  17. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Would respect him more if he didn't injury other players to get to the finals.

18. MettaWorldPete

I was a bit of a Giannis hater, but his performance tonight was undeniable. Amazing.

malakas, AXG, vator and 2 others like this.
  19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Giannis absolutely took his game to the next level in the biggest moment. He was absolutely unstoppable tonight, and deserves the championship.

20. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Mediterranean people are special.

malakas likes this.