1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cherry Pickin

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Dankstronaut, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/?year-mock=2021
    n2 - Jalen Green / SG
    n23 - Ayo Dosunmu / PG
    n24 - Joshua Primo / SG

I'm ok with Green and I really like the Dosunmu pick at 23. We are a guard heavy team already though and picking up 2 more.... I can't imagine a 3rd. Especially not with Garuba, Sengun, Bassey, Thor, even a shooting forward like Weiskamp available.

I feel like it's absolutely necessary to pick up some size in this draft. Watching a BIG team like the Bucks having success, tired of the pocket Rockets, we only have one player over 6'6" Christian Wood who I've seen mentioned in trade scenarios from teams trying to nab our best player while we're down.

If it were my call, I'm taking Mobley. The height and skill set are just too much to pass, the fit with this roster is nice. I'm gonna take Dosunmu at 23, great production in college, good athleticism and defense. For the 24th pick I'm probably going with an athlete like Thor or a shooter like Weiskamp. Those two traits are lacking on this team so I believe they would be able to contribute sooner than later. That's my thought process anyway.