1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad Brown now Philly CEO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 12, 2021.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im waiting for that Tad Only Fan avatar to pop up. Who's going to do it? @Williamson

roslolian and BigShasta like this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

As is this team with Simmons is not a contender. if your best player has a 60%-70% chance of being on the floor and you have a bunch of solid pieces, but no other real All-Star caliber player, they are not a contender in my eyes. I know Simmons makes the All-Star team every year, but I do not view him as one, and his value has absolutely tanked, that is why they are worse than the beginning of the season. They have solid players around them, but Embiid with those players is not enough. If you gave Luka the same role players I would think they are more of a contender. When was the last time a team won with just a superstar Center and no other major star? Dwight Howard in Orlando came close, maybe a decade ago and got owned in the finals. Duncan did it as a PF 7 years ago, but had freaking Kawhi who was the finals MVP (in addition to guys like TP,Manu, and Pop who had invaluable experience at this point). Anthony Davis did it as a PF but had Lebron James. You guys are living in the 80s/90s thinking Embiid will win with this roster, and you are probably the same people that want to draft Mobley. There is just no example of this working in the last 20 years.

Even if you pair an elite guard with a guy like Embiid, it doesn't work. Jimmy Butler left for a reason. The type of center that works best is a guy like Bam or Ayton, because they do everything you need them to, but they do not want to control the entire offense. I am surprised that people have not learned from how Dwights career changed as the NBA changed.

#182 BallSoHarden, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  3. DonatelloLimestone

jimmy butler left for a reason, he specifically talks bout it on the redick podcast. It as the lack of leadership in brett brown he didn't respect as well s the franchises hesitency to give him 5 year max like tobias and hem openly wondering how butler would be handled or handle it that offended it. They messed it up, big, let alone the trading bridges, maybe even hiring doc. This all happened before Morey got on board and since then they got off the worst contract in Al horford, got a producer in return. Traded for fit in seth curry who has been a lethal shooter and spacer and better on d then thought. Simmons, lke you said is now at his lowest value. hes still in his mid 20s, gven that he does do almost everything else at an elite level and is athletic as hell he could maybe find the adjustment but the playoffs was concerning and so it is what it is. But what morey does with him is the big q mark and everything else hes done n phx has been solid, but not overwhelming but htis will be an interesting off season to see what he cooks up. They were in contention for hte finals this year and will be next year. both conferences have at least 4 who could go, suns werent even counted as ones this yera despite beng 2, but here we are. goes to show that luck, timing nad opportunity make a big part of the w, so stay prepared and you enver know and we've seen that with the unliklely raptors title you mentioned, being a different bounce in the leonard CF game changing history or if Iguodola had decided to dunk so bron couldn't get the block, likewise with miller and tayshaun prince, derek fishers shot, paxon and kerr shots...so on so on. Luck is a part of it. they are at that level where they in the mix and then the playoff margins are small, its all about what morey does with simmons. but embiid, so long as he is on the court is an asbolute force on Defense which translates great n the playoffs and continues to be incredibly sklled and learning to draw fouls and mke it easier for himself

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time with the family huh?

DD

BallSoHarden, roslolian and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

I don't get how people take that seriously, ts lke someone saying sorry can't make t to dinner i have a thing.
    Its simply professional formality and courtesy of being polite. IT happens all the time guess unless you believe SVG really wanted to leave orlando to spend time with his family. And then we have to look at whiy all these people would leave a place they built, had comfort and harden, morey, Brown have all sited eachother as the family holding it down.

Sad to see that era and all the talent go down like that, we're a new team entirely now.

clos4life likes this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He worked with Morey so many years, they're practically family bro.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Time away from Tillman,

DaDakota likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Am I remembering this story correctly, both Tad and Stone were instrumental in helping TF buy the Rockets?

If so, wonder how Tad feels about that now.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I believe that is what Morey and Tad were in Houston to do. Take a team make it profitable. Change the net worth. Help owner sell team. Previous Owner is then sitting pretty with billions in pocket.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not what I meant.

Stone and Tad specifically assisted TF in winning the bid.

There were other more cash flush suitors i believe.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, the time for the family thing is a joke - clearly he wanted away from Meddling Tillman and his Trump like grifting kids.

DD