1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we getting closer to a civil war?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by roxstarz, Jul 16, 2021.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Tump and GOP are already so up high Putin's ass

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think you've made the mistake of overestimating American voters.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Everything has an equal and opposite reaction. The GOP throwing in with a foreign power is incredibly dangerous, and it opens the door for the Democrats out of necessity to reach out to other foreign powers to counter. That is a bit part of my point about the doomsday scenario even though I think it's unlikely, and much more likely the Republicans just do it solely with the help of Rupert Murdoch and right wing billionaires just trying to buy another house in the Hamptons.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

all I'm pointing out you are still asking where will Russia be and arm of the GOP when in the past 4 years the opposite has been obvious.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Ideally there will be a civil war between those that yell at others for not wearing a mask, and those that talk **** to you for wearing a mask. They will hopefully kill each other off and leave the moderates to run the country.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Are you saying that Russia has not been aligned with the GOP in any way? Even if you remove Trump, the destruction of Western Democracy, and all of that, at the very least Russia and the GOP/Right Wing Oligarchs will be aligned on drilling in the Artic which is reason enough for the right to align with Russia. The only issue that they differ on now is Guns.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Most of Russia is cold bitter fossil fuel-rich wasteland that could benefit from climate change disruption.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this is serious but climate change isn't completely a positive for Russia. Much of Siberia is permafrost and as that is melting the ground is getting unstable. Thawing permafrost is literally causing the ground to explode in parts of Siberia.
    https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20201130-climate-change-the-mystery-of-siberias-explosive-craters

9. Invisible Fan

rockbox, rocketsjudoka and Andre0087 like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Let's not forget the melting permafrost releasing aliens that crashed thousands of years ago.

rockbox likes this.
  11. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or more ideally, moderates will figure out that the two sides aren't equivalent and will stand up for something for once instead of whining.

12. Invisible Fan

This is D&D. I care more about it being a few degrees hotter than a bunch of aliens invading our soil.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, but the country is moving on from religion and rural viewpoints, and those people will continue to be marginalized year after year until their voice is a thing of the past.

DD

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

People that voted for Trump in 2020 shouldn’t be allowed to procreate.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not close to a civil war.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Don’t worry most of them are either too old or too impotent to do so.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Or too fat to see their penis.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If Trump runs again the don't pay much attention thing goes out of the Window.

He could win because I see Harris turning off a lot of voters like Clinton did and you have a strain of progressives that want to prove a point.

I would like to think people would come out in droves to vote against Trump but then I realize if no covid he probably would have won.:confused:

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

i think it's true, but i just realize that many want come out in droves to do so like they did in 2020.

Also Democrats will not be so united.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You say that now until our children come back from 30 years in the future to let us know that humanity is almost wiped out by Aliens that first appeared in Siberia.