1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

The Bruce Willis space movie was bad. I can’t believe those actors signed onto that script. Did they even read it. The Breach 2/10.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NO SUDDEN MOVE - 6/10

Synopsis - A group of criminals is brought together under mysterious circumstances and have to work together to uncover what's really going on when their simple job goes completely sideways.

Good story, and a great cast. It's like a darker Ocean's 11. I would have given it a higher rating but Soderbergh used some strange fish-eye camera and much of the movie looks off. It's on HBOMax.

Invisible Fan and GRENDEL like this.
  3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Black Widow - 8/10
    Wrath of Man - 7/10.

ryan_98 and GRENDEL like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

There is no way.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think this qualifies as a short film?

#9326 Haymitch, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    TWS1986 likes this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

[​IMG]

#9327 TWS1986, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    KingCheetah likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

*You're

8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

urine a lot of trouble.

9. JW86

JW86 Member

Ice Road - 6/10 - Aside from the typical antagonist being untouchable and characters who make unbelievably dumb decisions Hollywood keeps forcing down our throat as if that's the only way to create drama, suspense etc. it was definitely decent. The premise is believable and I found myself shouting at them to hurry up or act before nature would swallow them whole a couple of times. It also wasn't that everyone survived and there was a decent chance every person involved could've gone down.

Army of the Dead (Netflix) - 7/10 - A movie that takes more than 2 hours better be good and it actually was decent. And that is coming from someone who absolutely despises wrestler actors who cannot act - like Cena and Bautista - nor zombie movies since they're 90% too gross and too dumb. These humans turned undead are actually smart, there's a method to their madness (upper echelon since there's different kinds) and there's a lot of stories and reasons for various characters to be part of this team who goes into the danger zone. So if you want to watch a movie with some scary scenes, some drama, cool ways of killing zombies and can allow yourself to look past some of the acting jobs, then it's just good fun that takes a little longer than you might need or want. Definitely don't go to the movies for this, if it's playing at all.

Tomorrow's War - 8/10 - Some plot holes aside - always a part of time travel movies - this was one was mind-provoking, had good action and the right amount of humour mainly due to JK Simmons who shines in the little time he's on screen. If anything, I'd wish for more of him and less of the main guy who's kind of a goof. He's okay in this though. Just watch it, it's good.

ryan_98 likes this.
  10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Gunpowder Milkshake - 4/10

It looked beautiful but everything else was bad. It tried to be John Wick, Kill Bill, Driver, and other action movies in one. A lot of wasted potential with this movie.

ryan_98 likes this.
  11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

The Courier was really good. Kind of slow to get going, but very suspenseful.

I also recommend The Way Way Back with Steve Carrell (2013). Great coming of age story. Not a very good one to watch with the kids though, especially if you're a certain type of stepfather or boyfriend to a woman with kids.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Men with Guns- 8.2/10

Slow moving, great dialogue. Hits you in the feels.

GRENDEL likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

Nahweh.

14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

upload_2021-7-19_17-31-40.png

Attached Files:

FrontRunner and KingCheetah like this.
  15. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

No Sudden Move - 6.5/10...Cast is amazing, but as a previous poster stated, the lens play just doesn't work. Story was decent enough but not sure I'd watch it again.

Our Friend - 7.5/10...We enjoyed it, but anytime a movie deals with cancer/death/etc it is pretty depressing...at least this one had some good lines that were funny. On a side note, I don't know if Casey Affleck and play a role that is happy - hard to see him as anything other than a brooding/depressed guy. I haven't watch Manchester by the Sea or anything else by him (that I can recall) so maybe I'm just off

Gone Girl - 9/10....Wow. Minus 1 pt b/c I was on a flight and had to fast forward through the many R scenes. Emily Ratajkowski can't act but she does steal some scenes....

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Gunpowder Milkshake:

1. I love Karen Gillan...perhaps more because she's beautiful than anything that deals with her acting which is...average?
    2. I went into this movie with zero expectations
    3. I lied about #2 because I thought it could have been a decent affair when I saw Angela Bassett, Michelle Yeoh, and Paul Giamatti attached to it
    4. Then I remembered this was a Netflix movie
    5. Then I remembered they got Karen Gillan to be the star/main character.

3/10

The story lacked substance and I wasn't invested in any way on whether or not anyone died in this movie. It seemed like the director saw Smokin' Aces one night and thought, "Hell yea! Let's make this movie again but with Nebula and the chick from Game of Thrones!". You're better off watching John Wick for the 80th time than to sit through this one.

What saved this from being 1/10 was Carla Gugino in librarian glasses, and the Porsche the main character drove.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Brewster McCloud - 9/10 - This was one of the strangest movies I have ever seen, but in a good way. Felt like I was tripping on acid as I watched - even though I've never done it and have no idea how it actually feels. Seeing Houston look like it looked when I was growing up was pretty awesome. It was fun pausing the movie and trying to figure out where exactly all the scenes were filmed.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Agreed.

Zach Snyder wannabe w/o the trailer shots that tease people into watching.

19. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Snake Eyes. 7out of 10. Solid origin story. Sets up GI Joe series nicely. Hope it does well enough that they continue

Entropy and BamBam like this.