1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not saying if he was any good I'm responding to the other poster who said Mobley is a lot more advanced than AD. You know who AD is in college I presume? If you took AD and made him more advanced than he was that dude would do more than 16 and 8 wtf.

I like Mobley in fact when the Rox started I was initially team Mobley. I still like Mobley and would be happy if we get him doesnt mean I dont realize he isnt a project. Y'all are expecting Mobley to come in and immediately dominate wtf dude thats not how reality works.

raining threes likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Running things through you does not mean you are scoring and I am not saying Mobley is far more advanced than AD, don't start twisting my words.

My point AGAIN is AD was more raw than Mobley coming out of Kentucky.

Are you refuting the fact that Mobley was involved in offensive sets much more than AD?

D-rock likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I never said he is a lot more advanced than AD, I am saying your take that AD was much more advanced than Mobley coming out is bogus.

Stop creating straw men.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

If AD is more RAW than Mobley then doesnt that mean Mobley is more advanced than AD? It's literally the same thing wtf.

You are saying the ant is not smaller than the elephant but elephant is bigger than the ant.

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Nothing D-Rock is saying is incorrect though, Mobley had a more advanced offensive game in college than AD did. That's fact. It doesn't mean that Mobley is destined to be better or as good as AD... It simply means what he said. Do you remember how many midrange fades AD was hitting in college? How many times did he put the DMo on his opponent? Mentioning stone feet, unathletic Thabeet in the same breath as an athletic unicorn like Mobley was a mega reach and not any different than comparing him to AD.

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Also, what poster here is expecting him to come in and dominate?

The only posters acting such way are the Green stans who love to belittle the college game and overrate the G-League. Pretty much every NBA fan knows that big men are projects

D-rock likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

And I said if Mobley had a more advanced offensive game then he'd score more than 2 pts over AD right? That's a fact. Doing mid range fades is nice and all, but the point of having that versatility is to score more right? You expect Melo to score more than PJ Tucker because Melo has a more advanced offensive game. If Melo scores 10 pts a game while PJ Tucker scores 8 pts a game can you claim Melo has a more advanced game?

I mentioned Thabeet because for long and tall dudes its easy to put up stats in the NCAA even if you arent skilled. The point is if Mobley is more advanced than AD he would be putting up 2K nos in the NCAA cuz even Thabeet put up 3 blocks.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

D-Rock said he expected him to come in and make an impact defensively already. Does that sound like a project to you?

Be a starter, make an impact, is more advanced than AD coming into the league = project? LOL

I'm the one expecting Mobley to be a project here not y'all.

raining threes likes this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

That's where your argument is made out of thin air. You can't look at someone's PPG and say B isn't more advanced than A because it's only a two point difference. Do you have any understanding of how nuanced the game of basketball is? How nuanced statistics are and all that? Al Horford is more offensively advanced than Enes Kanter but the stats probably wouldn't show that. Your argument is completely made up

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Making an impact defensively =/= dominate. You literally have no understanding of nuance do you?

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

More advanced yes (my opinion) not much more advanced, so now we are going to a semantics argument?

You are the guy who led this off saying Mobley was a lot rawer than Mobley, I never said Mobley was much better at anything, I am saying he is not as raw as AD since he was asked to do much more in offensive sets at USC.

Mobley had a higher usage rate than AD 24% to 19%

Mobley shot the 3 better AD 3-20, Mobley 12-40.

He also had more asst.

So why again wad AD MUCH more advanced than Mobley?

D-rock and BigggReddd like this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man when you look at AD at Kentucky then look at Mobley at USC you clearly see AD is box office and Mobley has box office potential. Betting on the chance Mobley gets there is not as bad as some make it out to be. I would understand if Hou selected him but I just can't put him next to AD.

raining threes, D-rock and BigggReddd like this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Fair assessment. Way more fair than calling him Thabeet

D-rock likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't see that at all.

What did AD do at Kentucky to make you say that?

Terrance Jones was more featured in the offense than AD was.

D-rock likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not made up cuz Mobley and AD are the same type of prospects in the same pt of their career playing the same position.

Being more "advanced" is a mix of effectivity and versatility right? Being able to try out diff moves is good but for it to be legit it has to go in the hoop. If it goes in the hoop then you will see it in his stats.

The context here is AD is most used as an off the ball roller while Mobley got used as the offensive hub of his team. Why the offensive hub got 2 total more pts than the supposed much rawer prospect? You are missing the forest for the trees if learning all types of moves wont make you score more whats the point of them? Why not just learn defense and reb if thats the case?

If Green who is supposed to be the most offensively gifted prospect in this class scores 4 ppg while Scottie barnes scores 2 ppg you really think there's no issue with that? But wait Green scores a different every time I guess that means he is more advanced.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

So you agree you cant put Mobley next to AD?

Drock and Jiggy said AD is more raw than AD. You said Mobley is more advanced than AD. But you cant put Mobley next to AD? Ok

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Strongly suggest you google the definition of "nuance" lmao you can acknowledge someone's assessment and respect it without completely agreeing with it. Crazy how that works huh

Your way of arguing is making dishonest claims, putting words in others mouths, and making unfair assumptions. I'm not going to continue with someone who purposely takes things out of context in order to try and prove semantics

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you think scoring points mean you are more offensively advanced?

This explains a lot you can't or refuse to look at things more than surface level and even using your own argument how does that make Mobley way more rawer than AD?

Lets not forget that's what started the entire discussion.

Tell us why AD was MUCH MORE advanced than Mobley?

D-rock likes this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

At the same age AD was more physically and naturally dominant, Mobley is a more skilled playmaker and less raw, AD was the better overall player. How hard is that to understand.

BigggReddd likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Mobley has a higher usage rate but only scored 2 pts more than AD? He was the offensive hub but basically did the same as AD? Ok.

You dont want to go on a semantics argument but you are insisting you only said Mobley is more advanced than AD and not much more advanced lol. Who is doing semantics here you or me?

I'm basing my assessment just how dominant AD was in college. You said he was raw offensively but AD had 65% TS% compared to Mobley 63% TS. Not offensive hub AD has 5.9 offensive ws vs offensive hub Mobley 4.3 ows.

AD beats Mobley on every offensive metric or basically any metric tbh. Mobley is just rawer than AD or AD is more advanced than Mobley take your pick. This is even with AD not being the center hub of his team cuz his team is stacked.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/anthony-davis-5.html
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/evan-mobley-1.html