1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Was talking about B Mac.

Would you be ok with picking Green 2nd and he tops out at Gordon?

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Gordon is way better than Hasheem Thabeet

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does thst have to do with this.

"And you think Mobley, who weighs like 220 lbs, is going to come step in and be a monster on the rockets?"

That statement is what I asked you to prove people were saying, that Mob;ley is gonna come in and be a monster, it seems you can't do that and now want to argues something else.

Yes you can make the same case for Mobley but what does that have to do with what I asked you to prove?

#2023 jiggyfly, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    D-rock and roslolian like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol. I believe Mobley is special but no way he has an impact right away lets get real dude's like a toothpick which toothpick big man prospect had an impact right away?

AD was the most NBA ready big man prospect in the last decade and he only averaged 13.5 pts and 8 rebs on only 52% fg. 52% for a dude with 0 3 pt attempts is like garbage level. And that's AD, pretty much had better advanced stats than Lebron pre NBA, dominated his entire class and would go no 1 in any class besides legendary prospects like Hakee, Shaq, Kareem etc.

Mobley is a lot rawer than AD coming into the NBA you think he gonna outperform freaking AD? Lol

Everyone on the Rox roster besides KPJ, Kmart Jr, CWood and Tate are filler at this point. Doesnt matter if they are all pgs or all centers or w/e. We aim to be bad next year. The Roster construction is meaningless and shouldnt even be a factor when deciding on the who to pick. The only fit we should ne considering is KPJ since he is the only lotto level talent we have.

#2024 roslolian, Jul 19, 2021
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with all of this except that Mobley is not rawer than AD.

Ad was a very raw prospect and most things about him were a projection, Mobley is doing much more advanced stuff than AD did at Kentucky, AD was a high level role player at Kentucky offensively.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he was that good they would've won the NCAA and Mobley would average 10 blocks a game. You realize Thabeet averaged 3 blocks despite having 0 bball skills and knowledge?

AD averaged 14 and 10 which isnt really all that different from Mobley's 16 and 8. If Mobley was doing more asvanced stuff offensively how come he averaged a grand total 2 more pts?

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Why?

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm Mobley Mob too, but if its Green I'm still going to be excited ass hell...

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley will complement both Wood as well as Porter.

On offense but most importantly on defense.

Mobley will improve Rockets defense, rebounding and passing from day ONE.

Green will be good next to Porter, maybe.

But only on offense.

On defense, he will not complement or improve the team, never mind Porter or Wood.

The defense will be worse when he plays next to Porter and Wood.

That is as close to a guarantee there is.

sydmill likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no idea what this has to do with what I said.

Mobley was a integral part of the offense, thay ran a lot of stuff through him, Kentucky did not do that with AD,his points came mostly from put backs or secondary actions.

Kentucky should have won it all that team was stacked.

This is not to say Mobley is a better prospect just saying he is not a lot rawer than AD coming out, so I don't know what him averaging 2 more points than AD has to do with anything.

D-rock likes this.
  11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

True, KMJ is good and he scored 50 points this season but Jalen is on a whole another level. He shoot very well, much quicker and his free throw percentages is very nice.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

KPJ scored the 50 pts thou....

D-rock likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Because he is not the shooter or driver that Green is.

Green can create his own shot KMJ cannot.

It's obvious the difference.

#2033 jiggyfly, Jul 19, 2021
    Omihall23 and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Win the NCAA????

LOL

You do realize that AD played for one of the BEST, if not THE best, college programs in the county right?

That Mobley took such talent poor team like USC to the elite 8 is ridiculously overlooked.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

KMJ did not score 50.

D-rock likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm saying proof of the pudding is in the eating. If Mobley's team ran everything thru him while AD was treated as an after thought how did AD average just 2 pts less than Mobley?

You are saying Mobley is a lot more advanced than AD so he should have scored a lot more given how much more advanced he is and being the offensive hub of his team and all.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

The other dude is saying he is a lot more advanced than AD I'm expecting Melo levels of transcendence here.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Ok, I concede... You are right.... I stand corrected...

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You're doing an unbelievable amount of reaching and projecting in order to form an argument that is completely made out of thin air and fake. You cannot argue in good conscious and pretend like Mobley should've carried USC to the title game with 10 blocks per game if he were any good. Are you even reading what you're typing? It's extremely defensive, almost like Green is your cousin lol

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I believe these measurements are from a year ago.

Green could be taller and longer now.