1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

D-rock likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

D-rock likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. xaos

xaos Member

Most of your posts are just dogging other people's post with no value added. Give me an example of a recent post of yours where you provide any insight, measurable justifications for your opinion, or anything positive at all. If you're tired of people who see potential in Jalen Green you're really in the wrong thread.

Nothing that I said about his athletic ability was unreasonable, despite not using anything measurable.

If you think that scouts are only looking at a person's athletic ability based on standardized testing then be my guest.

Even if they were and we were to look at athletic measurables, Jalen Green did not attend the Draft combine to measure his vertical. Kevin Martin Jr did and it was 38.5. I'd put good money on Green having a higher vertical than 38.5. Maybe Keon Johnson will be the greatest player of all time since he recorded a 48 inch vertical!

On top of that, I wasn't using athleticism to even justify him not being as good as he should be. I just made a point that athleticism is more than just running in straight lines and jumping. When he gets drafted top 3 there's concrete evidence that at least people with a higher NBA pedigree than you agree he is not just some overhyped prospect. To be clear, players being drafted top 3 does not mean they're not overhyped. But, at this state of their career (no NBA minutes) draft position at least implies that NBA scouts/GMs/Decision makers believe there's substance behind the hype.

#1984 xaos, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    platypus, cheke64 and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Yikes too high maintenance and he eats junk food???? PASS

Caesar, Verbal Christ and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Didn't watch the video, but is that the Rockets dildo shark?

Caesar and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I trust Stone. My eyeball would say Green is overhyped and has the greatest bust potential of the top 3, but if Stone drafts him I’m probably wrong. If we could 7, 14 and Wiseman for Wood, I would take Green for sure.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol looks like it. He shot that in February

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Some of yall dudes really look at these players like yall trying to date them

[​IMG]

Deuce, Fullcourt, jiggyfly and 8 others like this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The Dunc on Podcast can be annoying at times but they generally put out a very good podcast especially their in depth scouting of draft prospects. They did a great job with their Wiseman and La Melo review last year, most of which were right on the mark.

After listening to their review of Green, I've become more optimistic of his potential to be a star in the NBA. Main points they made were - Green had an exceptional first step. Extremely quick to the basket. Number one was that green was highly efficient in the g-league (one of the best indicators for future success in the NBA.) Shot 37% from the nba three point line and 83% ft and shows real promise as a shooter. Green also showed encouraging developments as a pick and roll ball scorer/passer as well as great scoring instinct and good bbiq on the offensive end. Weakness were slight frame and effort/focus on defense (which is typical for most 19 year old prospects).

13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Your sarcasm meter must be broken

Caesar likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm part of Mobley Tribe but Thriller and KJ play different positions and have different roles.

Thriller is a SG.

KJ is a forward.

KJ is a role player (rim protector, floor runner) while Green is expected to help carry the offense game in and game out, expect as much iso as Wall and Dipo, if not more.

If anything, Green is going to disappoint a lot of CF, at least early on.

There is no way he will average 20-25 PPG on day 1. If he does, Rockets will not be winning. Kid is just too inefficient right now, very similar weaknesses as Porter - inconsistent 3ball, doesn't get to FT line, average defender.

Maybe in year 3-4 he will put it all together.

Which would be better than Lavine who needed 5 seasons to become an All Star.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Reading is not fundamental for you I see.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude KMJ is nowhere near the same player as Green.

Bad take my guy.

D-rock likes this.
  17. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

And you think Mobley, who weighs like 220 lbs, is going to come step in and be a monster on the rockets?

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ben Gordon says hello.

Victor O?

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its BAPE.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you show one example of him saying that?

Or anybody?