1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Off Season: Free Agents \ Buyouts\ etc.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 25, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

Knicks will be interesting this next season, they have a lot of money they can spend and a few players they need to figure out. Including Randle's nonguaranteed money, they will have only $51 million in contracts for 2021-2022.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

My impression of our team is that we are rebuilding the team with young players.
    so I suggest, at the seasons end, we will try to keep as many of the talented young players as we can.
    BROWN, MARTIN, NWABE, PORTER JR., TATE WOOD, LAMB & BROOKES
    ALso keep OLYNYK and AUGUSTIN,
    TRY OUR BEST TO MOVE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:- BRADLEY, HOUSE, JEFFRIES, EXUM, WALL, GORDON, & WILSON
    We all try our best to get the #1 PICK in Draft and hope for a surprising next season. Yetti

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nerlens Noel doesn't excite me at all and I do suspect he could be had for less, but I like where the guy's head is at in general. He's trying to find under-rated players we can feasibly get that are still young enough to fit within this rebuild. It's a good thought process even if there are a lot of people I'd rather target.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

John Wall, Eric Gordon + 2 First , and 1 Pick Swap

For Tobias Harris, Seth Curry, and George Hill.

Morey owes the rockets, and he loves him some Gordon. Wall would fit in better with there big 2. They get better of course. Plus they get 3 first for taking on Wall contract compared to Tobias.

Rockets get the cap impact, they might want to sign Kelly Olynk.

Kelly Olknk / FA/ Draft / Wood
    C. Wood / Jae Tate / KJ Martin jr
    Tobias Harris / Jalen Johnson(17th pick)/ Korey Kispert (Late Sleeper at 31 pick)
    Cam Thomas(21th pick) / Seth Curry, Korey Kispert (Late Sleeper at 31 pick),
    Cade Cuttingham (1st pick) / Kevin Porter Jr. / Seth Curry, DJ Augstin

Thats a good team to begin with in 2022. I like the rebounding, and vet mix. Kispert if still on the boards which he might slip into the 2nd round i high recommend getting this kid. He could very well be the next Kyle Kover, Look at his 3pt percentage in college, in final four he was torching it.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We don't have pick 31 and kispert isn't falling to pick 31

Corrosion likes this.
  6. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/aviCPrtpb

May get blasted for this haha but heres what i put in my notes. Also wouldnt mind including the Wizards pick to get it across the line.

"Okay.

So this is a total stretch and plays into yhe rumors of the Mavs looking at offloading Kristaps at the trade deadline AND if they bomb outta the playoffs.

Team by team:

Rockets - Trade one vet that may not be worth the money, for another. In this case Wall is able to get out of the way of KPJ and POSSIBLY Cades progress. Still holding onto Gordon and Augustine should help with fill that mentor role.

76ers - Get the guy they want in a sign and trade, but have to give up a big piece in Toby. Hes been awesome this year, but between him, Simmons and Embiid, theyre keeping the later.

Cavs - Get a guy whos still young, but enough of a vet to steer the team. Would also open up the Cavs to use their pick on a proper starting SG like a Moses Moody..

Raps - Get arguably the best player out of all of this, by losing the other arguably best player in this trade. They give up a couple of picks, their one this year currently projected around the 9 spot.

Mavs - There was word about moving Kristaps at the trade deadline. But the price wasnt right. Maybe a defensive former all star guard who can pick up Lukas slack on that end (and you hope he will play off ball a bit more), a rotational wing player, a lottery pick in this years draft and a future first may be enough. Maybe the Rockets throw one of theirs in too - like the one they got in the Wall trade - esentially making this a Russ for Love swap one year later."

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade House for SRP.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Future is BRIGHT.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I'd absolutely look to trade House for a 2nd round pick.

D-rock likes this.
  11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

My list (bold = favs)

Trade Targets
    Robert Williams (BOS)
    Myles Turner (IND)
    Willie Cauley-Stein (DAL)
    Mohamed Bamba (ORL)
    Justise Winslow (MEM)

Thaddeus Young (CHI)
    Kevin Love (CLE)
    Kevon Looney (GSW)
    Pascal Siakam (TOR)

Bobby Portis (MIL) PO

Tony Bradley (OKC) RFA
    John Collins (ATL) RFA
    Devonte Graham (CHA) RFA
    Isaac Bonga (WSH) RFA

Doug McDermott (IND) UFA

Nerlens Noel (NYK) UFA
    Otto Porter Jr (ORL) UFA
    Harry Giles (POR) UFA
    Richuan Holmes (SAC) UFA
    Dewayne Dedmon (MIA) UFA
    Moritz Wagner (ORL) UFA
    Cameron Payne (PHO) UFA
    Gorgui Dieng (SAS) UFA

Noah Vonleh (SFA)
    Omari Spellman (SFA)
    Skal Labissiere (SFA)

DonatelloLimestone, jb86 and D-rock like this.
  12. Moahst

Moahst Member

I think this is the season to load up on young talent, retain our overpaid vets (who will be hard to move anyways), and experiment with: KPJ running point, Tate/Martin/Wood in the backcourt, and Jalen Green closing games. If you can trade a Danuel House or DJ Augustine (or maybe somehow Eric Gordon) for a late pick in this draft then you do it. The more rookies we can bring into training camp the better. Then during the season and/or next off season you find a way to move Wall/Gordon without taking on negative return. Any free agency splashes will have to wait until summer 2022.

Edit - also we might as well use whatever cap space we have to bring back Olynyk and Nwaba

Scarface and D-rock like this.
  13. jb86

jb86 Member

Give me Mo Bamba, Myles Turner, Kevin Love and Colin Sexton(If we trade John Wall). Siakam would be great for us on the defensive end(We would have to trade John Wall to get him though).

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think you trade anyone (like House) for players with upside but if it's just a solid role player I wouldn't bother. I want the majority of our team minutes to go to players with upside. I like Olynyk on a reasonable contract but I wouldn't break the bank just to have someone eat into minutes we can use to develop and evaluate our young guys.

Aruba77 likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

How much will Duncan Robinson cost?
    I can do $130 right now, shipped.

The nba really let these contracts get out of control. 13 points a season will probably get you a 4 years $74 milly contract.

16. sydmill

sydmill Member

While it is imperative that the Rockets make effective use of their draft picks to have cost controlled talent added to the roster this emphasizes that they will be able to add a player or players via free agency.

If they can get a franchise player and an all star level player out of the next 2 drafts to add to Wood, KPJ, Tate, Thomas, and Martin then they should be an attractive location for free agents who might push the Rockets into contention. Sort of the Phoenix model.

#216 sydmill, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

So basically enough to re-sign Harden and bring back Bobby Brown

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. mightybosstone

If Duncan Robinson is really the sixth best free agent available this offseason, I'm glad the Rockets aren't in a position where they're in need of a star free agent this summer. Some guys are about to get overpaid.