1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guard league my ***

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 17, 2021.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

The reason I responded to your post was because of this:

Couldn't that apply equally to both sides?

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Members of all the candidates have campaigned for them correct? Mobley supporters go the extra mile with the 10 or 20 redundant videos they have been posting. Some menial social media presence posts a positive? Well we better let the world know! Maybe its because there is only so much tape on Green from the GLeague and that may fall in my favor with this discussion.

See what has happened? "Both sides" when in reality there are 4 sides or even 5. Maybe the team trades down and then what? Whoops!

Its ok to be a fan. Just today I've read that Green will be the worst defensive player in the NBA and that he sucks at rebounding! LOL

platypus likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm not online as much as many here seem to be, but the only times I've seen Green compared to MJ/Kobe is when Mobley fans are complaining about Green being compared to MJ/Kobe

I more often see Green compared to Beal and LaVine, both of whom are elite scorers and carried their terrible teams this year. This is the comparison that I go with.

#103 Haymitch, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Recency Bias is a cruel mistress.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. sydmill

sydmill Member

Look, there are a few posters that are difficult to ignore. We all know it. Some of them are Mobley fans, some are Green fans. Some are fans of shooting coaches.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Mobley isn't Giannis, Durant, Lebron, Kawhi..... aka offensively elite oversized wings.

While, I think Mobley is an oversized wing, I don't see playmaking or the offensive ability of the top guys.

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I know my guy. I think the more sensible guys around here know who's who by now. Dont use those small numbers to represent the whole. Thanks for the even keel and I appreciate you as a contributor and for your well thought out content.

Only two weeks of this madness to go!

ApacheWarrior and sydmill like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haven't seen one NBA game of his so no judgment here.

9. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

What a Trash take LOL

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You guys have thoroughly convinced me. To win a championship you need good guards, good wings and at least one decent to great big man.

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Also just think of the fun or angst to be had in the future every time Green or Mobley have a bad game for the Rockets and the other guy has a good game for another team.

hakeem94 and Verbal Christ like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Die on what hill?

Mobley currently would be the the best big in next year's draft and yes some people believe Hardy is a better prospect than Green.

Thanks for making my point abundantly clear all of your arguments are based on the fact you think Mobley is middling prospect and that Green is a generational talent.

Talk about dying on a hill.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The fact that the things you are complaining are happening much more with Green fans and you are ignoring it is frankly mind boggling.

What about the redundant Green is a hard worker videos?

Very little people are basing how they feel about these players are basing it on the amount of highlight videos.

The fact that you are complaining social media presence when 50% of what is posted about Green is that presence shows you are not living in reality.

Glass houses my guy.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nobody. I repeat NOBODY believes Mobley will be better than the bigs coming down the pipe. Chet Holmgren is EVERYTHING Evan Mobley is with elite level offense already. SMH. Dont even get me started on Banchero. I could argue Jovic, and Jabari Smith are better prepared for the NBA.

Dying on a hill for a guy that still needs a ton of development and basing arguments on a perceived ceiling. SMH.

Strawmen, False Dichotomies, Ad ignorantum ... keem em comin'!

hakeem94 and Dobbizzle like this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Mobley has a lot of people fooled

Too weak to guard bigs and too tall to stay in front of guards at the NBA level

Verbal Christ, hakeem94 and Dobbizzle like this.
  16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I genuinely read somebody say that Mobley's going to come in as one of the league's elite/best finishers day 1... Whilst both camps surely have their over-exaggerations, the Mobley camp takes the cake right now. He's by far the rawest prospect of the top 4 guys and they're making him out to be KG mixed with AD and dominant from day 1. It's completely ridiculous.

Verbal Christ and hakeem94 like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If you argue for those guys you would be wrong I have read in multiple places that Mobley would be the top C, the fact that you think Holgrem is as good at defense as Mobley shows you don't have a clue.

Weaknesses: Slight frame and doesn’t possess a lot of strength, lacking in both upper and lower body. Gets knocked off balance when driving and in the post at times due to lack of base strength … Still has room to expand his post-game… Very mobile and although length can cover, he doesn’t have the quickest feet when defending the perimeter

The conversation about Holmgren will presumably be similar to the one that took place around Kristaps Porzingis before the 2015 draft. Will he be able to consistently execute from the perimeter against quicker athletes? And will his body hold up in the NBA paint?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-the-upcoming-2021-and-2022-nba-draft-classes

Defensively, it's easier to picture Mobley switching and guarding wings in space. Holmgren's shot-blocking instincts are spectacular—the question is whether he has the body to hold ground in the post and anchor a defense, or if he'll be more of a weak-side shot-blocker while guarding 4s.

Comparing the two, Mobley seems a little safer with Holmgren possessing more upside tied to his height and guard skills, plus unteachable defensive timing with his mobility and length.
    _________________________________________________________________________-

Hardy can be more of a threatening bad-shot shooter against tight defense. There is a microwave zone he's capable of entering when the rim suddenly appears to expand and low-percentage shots start falling in flurries.

At the high school level, scoring came so easy to both that they unsurprisingly got reckless with their shot selection and decision-making.

The legitimacy of Green's strong shooting in the bubble represents an X-factor in determining who's the more attractive prospect. Either way, they both seem relatively close as prospects and projected top-five picks.

Try and bring some facts next time.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Things that no notable scouts are saying.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Show more than one person or even one that says Mobley is KG mixed with AD.

You name the stakes and the bet.

Just like Green being a Kobe or Wade you green guys are making **** up, the only comparisons to KG and AD is the fact they were raw coming into the NBA and that they gained weight.

Y'all just cannot help yourselfs.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

TLDR?

You don't know how to read.