1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree about Middleton.

But that was a legit freak of a block.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Y'all know how stupid most of us are going to look in a year or two when almost all of these players become busts. lol

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley Tribe be hyping. :D

juanming likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cavs fans are splooging themselves in hope that Mobley falls to them.

Consider him their #1 target this draft.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Such a great article on defensive impact, maybe deserves its own thread.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. I swear everybody in the first round is a steal! :D

D-rock and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not a Euro step?

Vecenie has remained consistent on Mobley.

"Complete dominance" and "ridiculously good" - the kid might be half way decent.

10. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

garbage

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

That is why I am against tanking and pro creating a good environment, great coaches, shooting coaches and accent on fundamentals and letting chips fall where they may..
    I dont think kawhi leonard becomes kawhi if drafted by kings

BossHogg713 and saleem like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley Tribe dropping facts.

#OPTIONALITY

#433 D-rock, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    sydmill likes this.
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jalen Green if you want to sell jerseys and see exciting games with great highlights.

Evan Mobley if you want to actually be a threat in the playoffs adjusting to competitive game play by extending a series and giving you the best chance to win. /You can actually still win games with poor shooting nights.

sydmill likes this.
  15. sydmill

sydmill Member

I think this is a very valid point. Drafting Jalen green is pretty much guaranteeing an iso centric offense. I just don't see a way the Rockets don't basically turn into the Steve and Cuttino show with KPJ and Green. Hope I'm wrong but that's what I see if they go Green. With Mobley you improve the D and have some insane options for two man games (KPJ/Mobley or Mobley/Wood or Mobley/Martin).

D-rock, jimmyv281 and JW86 like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah I fear a iso centric offense in any case and with Green that will be even more. Mobley is a risk we can take since he will guarantee another lottery pick next year and we can potentially take another big. Let them battle with Wood and see which 1 / 2 end up being the man :)

D-rock and jimmyv281 like this.
  17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

For those who have watched/studied Mobley and are big fans of his game. What do you think the chances are that he becomes an All-star player like BAM or better or worst?

I've only watched a few scouting and highlight vids on him, but I do like his versatility on both ends and he definitely has a ton of potential. Is he closer to AD, KAT and Zion who were can't miss future all-stars prospects amongst the media/public or closer to JJackson Jr, Bagley, Wiseman - highly regarded, high potential prospects with a ton of talent but viewed with more uncertainty.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Mobley will be an instant contributor and likely rookie of the year, will most likely be better than AD, KAT and Zion... None of those guys are unicorns.... Mobley has the potential to be Giannis 2.0 but even better...

19. Denovo

Denovo Member

I’m starting to appreciate Mobley’s all around game as the days go by. My concern was his goto scoring ability but I’ve slowly come around on that.

That off ball cut at .45 was guard level agility.

He’ll fill up the stat sheet easily. Possibly a triple double guy. I can see him averaging 26/12/8 at some point while also being in DPOY conversations. High iq. He has a large variety of ways to impact on the game.

I would love to see him dominate the mid range face up game at the next level to the point where he can shoot over the double team in clutch situations (Embiid, Aldridge, AD).

I no longer view him as a center he’s definitely a versatile forward.

If we do draft Mobley, KJ (along with everyone else) will thrive around Mobley’s Playmaking ability (I project KJ to take Tate’s starting spot at some point) Similar to how he thrived with Olynyk.

I’ve hit the point where I don’t think any of the top 4 player will bust. Im convinced all 4 will compete with each other for accolades over the next decade along with a couple sleepers later in the draft.

D-rock likes this.
  20. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Can anyone of you Mobley stand use your advanced statistics and tell us why Mobley had trouble rebounding against a bunch of future IT analysts?

ApacheWarrior likes this.