1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do y’all think of my video game collection?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HardenVolumeOne, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Only the most bestest console for retro Nintendo gaming duh!

[​IMG]

2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Sell me some n64 games

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They accept crypto, collectors stamps, and all other forms of payment.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Video game collecting is the new hotness.

I like it right now because you can really pick the level you want to go after. The values go something like this: If the game is worth $25 game only, then maybe $45 with game and manual, then maybe $150 for complete with box (all manuals, inserts, etc), and then maybe $500 factory sealed, and then maybe $1500+ graded. So for anywhere between $25 and $1500, you can collect the version that you are comfortable with, and if open, have a playable game.

You can also still hidden gems from Facebook marketplace, garage sales, thrift stores, etc.

The one thing you really have to watch out for: there are already a plethora of reproduction cartridge based games. You have to do your research and get a set of video game screwdrivers so you can open them up and check them for the more valuable ones.

Also factory sealed games can get mega valuable because for most of the 1980s and 1990s, any unsold games would be shipped back and destroyed, while any sold games were probably opened in the car on the way home or as soon as the wrapping paper was taken off at Christmas. Individual games, being $30-$60 over time were too darn expensive to just "forget" about and keep sealed...and if you ever got doubles from gifts, kids would immediately return for a different game.

Things like toys are more common in package because they weren't often returned and destroyed, they weren't expensive enough to always immediately open or exchange, and there was already a collector's market as far back as the 1970s for sealed toys. There just weren't many, if any, people that would spend $30-$60 on a new game as a collectable back then.

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

I tried every youtube thing on it. Still veers upper left (sorry, my fault on direction) It has to be a somewhat easy fix, right? Otherwise, sure, I could get it modded. I'm not that much of a gamer, but it sucks that the controller pretty much costs as much as the entire system to replace these days.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Seriously though aren't Switch and Wii drift caused by the same thing?

7. Homey the Clown

I threw all my old shyt out. Sega was my #1 back then. Never knew this retro stuff would be a thing.

8. Xerobull

Honestly probably the same thing technically but it's rampant in the Joycons and I've never seen it in any other controller. There was a recent article that you could just put a piece of paper under the Joycon stick to fix it.

9. Xerobull

Yeah, that sounds like drift. Here's how they fix it in the Switch controllers: https://www.pcmag.com/news/switch-joy-con-drift-can-be-easily-fixed-using-a-piece-of-paper

10. KingCheetah

Yeah you clean it then put that super thin art paper and it seems to fix the problem.

11. KingCheetah

Does the carpet match the couch?

No

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The cord ties the room together, KC. If you can manage your cord, @HardenVolumeOne, you might want to consider getting a Roomba for the carpet. It would fit the milieu.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Gotta have that Dolby 120.

14. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

No Vectrex?! Weak.

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Gotta be Rockin Buckner & Garcia.