1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jul 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

5.0%
  2. Suns in 5

12.5%
  3. Suns in 6

41.3%
  4. Suns in 7

15.0%
  5. Bucks in 7

11.3%
  6. Bucks in 6

11.3%
  7. Bucks in 5

2.5%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

Like I said, role players dont have games like he did tonight. They do not play like he does.

2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lmao wtf is this guy on

Where in my post did i say either of those

3. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not going to though. In small sample sizes a lot of things can happen. Ayton has been playing good defense on him and I stand by that. Giannis isnt out there smoking him. What really went wrong is that Middleton and Holiday got really hot this game.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

His run on the Clippers is more what I’m talking about. It was incredibly disappointing in terms of team success relative to his roster on paper, choker might not be the right word but it’s always something with his teams. I can’t blame someone for always getting injured but also… what the **** why does he get hurt so much?

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I disagree. He is too inconsistent on offense to be a legit all star player. The bucks have not played any great teams so of course they look better than they really are. If they lost in the 2nd round no one would be saying how great they are.

HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Idk, its not his fault. And he's not the reason those Clippers lost.

RedRedemption likes this.
  7. RedRedemption

Part of me is also excited to see if Giannis becomes a GOAT candidate (unlikely but he will have won a chip and is dominant at such a young age) so I can spew hate and be like…

LeBron Raymond James would NEVER

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I respect it. I'm not even mad. During the infamous Russ Westbrook Hate Watch campaign, it was pretty exhilarating rooting against someone to fail. I needed Russ schadenfreude to keep my pulse going. Of course that hate was because Harden was snubbed because of Russ' triple doubles.

I dont dislike Russ anymore

hakeem94 and RedRedemption like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes, his consistency is what keeps him from all star level, but only those who are closer to all star players than role players can play like he does.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Hes supposed to be one of highest IQ players in the league and cant even remember hes a foot shorter than giannis, outweighed by 70 lbs and has no hops.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean...going into tonight he's dropping 30 a night shooting 60%...

Yeah, Giannis did this the entire series, but if he shot worse the Suns win the last two games. Yeah Middleton and Jrue stepped up, that's true, because Giannis dominated the first two games without much help, that's my point...it's not him being 'hot' anymore, that's just him being dominant. Jrue's the one that got hot if anything.

12. PWR

PWR Member

Crazy to think the Bucks are about to win a ring led by 2 past scrubs rated a 60.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

ilias likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

I still think Luka is better than Giannis too.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

205...he took that "Gotta beef up" on his draft notes seriously...

PWR likes this.
  16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He plays like he did in game 4 way more than the way he played game 5.

Easy likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not playing with Ayton on the floor all the time though?

He didnt dominate these past 4 games hitting jumpers though. These last two games are the ones where he really started hitting. Also in game 3 Ayton was in severe foul trouble.

18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

How are they not a great team. This team can probably beat the Warriors and any Lebron team. They have a freak of an athlete that's just too much for anybody to handle at this point. Plus he's elevated his game to work with ball movement.

19. RedRedemption

I was the biggest Russ hater. Westbrick. Stat padder. OKC boxed out to pad his rebounds. Empty stats. Watching WB, PG, and Melo flame out was so satisfying to watch. Watching OKC implode felt great.

yeah, now I love WB. Dude played hard on the Rockets and then had a really unfortunate series of COVid and quad injuries that led to whatever the hell happened in that Laker series. Same with Chris.

this is all leading up to Giannis to Rockets in the near future

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude playoff games are playoff games, if he even plays like this one-two times per series, that is close to all star than role player.