1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damian Lillard - yes or no?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 17, 2021.

?

Would you trade EGo, number 2, and number 24 for Lillard

Poll closed Aug 31, 2021.
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. No

175 vote(s)
    92.1%
  1. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

I don't know about that. Whose to say. We expected too much from Harden. No one else was really contributing.

amaru and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't think we were gonna win a ring even if harden played with us this season.

amaru likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The proposed trade is interesting because outside of #2 you aren’t giving up much . Granted , the trade doesn’t really fit our timeline .

but many here are already pro tank for next year . Suppose we immediately flip lillard .

not saying I like this idea, but one example could be . GS gives us 7,14 , Wiggins
    And unprotected 2026 and 28 1sts and then swap in 2027 .

You can still get lottery talent this draft , trade out Gordon for Wiggins and pick up 2-3 more picks . All you’re really giving up is Mobley or green or Suggs

I voted no because I don’t want to keep lillard . But I’d consider using the 2 to help facilitate depending on the return

DaDakota likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Doesn't fit our timeline, expensive, can't play defense, disgruntled. Pass.

The only way I do it is if John Wall is involved in some magical way.

D-rock likes this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

As others posted. Doesn't fit for both sides.

In an imaginary world if this could happen, I would do it and then flip Lily pad. Get something more than the #2, EGO, and other FP picks paid to get him.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Hell no why would you even entertain that idea?

King1 likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Y trade for Lillard when we already have an elite point guard in Dante Exum? He's about to pop off this season to show the world y he got picked 5th in the draft.
    /s

8. juanming

juanming Member

It's because dd is tillmans right hand man and wants to "win now" .and they think Dame alone will take us from worse team in the league to contenders

Doesnt work that way

Unless ur a desperate fool and all u care about is being 8th seed fodder and that makes u content

Unfortunately and I dont have proof yet, but unfortunately I feel Tillman feels and thinks the same way as dd.. I still think this team is going to botch it and trade it for a Kat or Dame and then wipe there hands with the rebuild and think the work is over "we'll make the playoffs so now the fans can shut up and listen and pay money for tickets"

Hope I'm wrong..really hope I'm wrong

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  9. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Meh, i'd rather build from scratch at this point and see where this takes us. I doubt Dame coming here will be like what CP3 did for the Suns.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

How many times has Dame been swept?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I voted no, but my thinking is that Tillman is not going to be patient and might do something like this.....if a disgruntled star comes up.

He might see how quickly Phoenix turned around by adding a star player and go....we can do that here....

We all know he is a star ****er.

DD

Williamson likes this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wasn't crazy about myself. Just wanted to see what others here would say.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets trading for Lillard would be a terrible decision. Not only would he cost a lot more than the proposed trade on here, but we would be headed nowhere with him.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That would be a big fat no @ Os

15. DonatelloLimestone

Lol, We'd get Dame and he'd demand a trade again right away goign to a team worse than his and an owner with a reputation of cheaping out on the tax. In fact, Anthony davs, LEbron, or any star with clout would demand out with the stuff our owner pulled from leaking info on players, cheaping out on staff, depth, and then publicly blaming the players afterward...not one superstar would stand for that. Time for us to rebuild, get young talent, INVEST in our player development, facilities, team culture(Actually this time) and tilman get his finances in order, learn his lessons, shut up and listen, and when the time coesm around spend then. We aren't candidates to be destinations for stars aynmore these days

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

I like Lillard a lot. He makes no sense for our team

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

No way in hell at that price. I'd do it for John Wall and a couple of Brooklyn picks maybe.

18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets should try a different route. Help Portland keep Dame by trading Wood for Covington and multiple 1sts. I think Covington was really bad for them last year. Maybe COvington restores some value and can be traded for a late 1st at the deadline as well.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Definitive poll results