1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Similar to "superstar" Lou Williams.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. MystikArkitect

I see we're at the random nobodies with insiders making guarantees portion of the draft.

Jalen Green and the Rockets on the 2 yard line confirmed.

jiggyfly and roslolian like this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

This would undo all the good will Stone has built up. Please don’t do this and screw the team. Got Patrick’s finger prints all over this if true.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ooooooo, that dunk at the 2:35 mark!!!! Yikes!!!

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Those kind of dunks at 2:35 are why I throw in Kobe comparisons.

I posted Kobe highlights his rookie year when he was approximately Jalen's
    age in most of his highlights.

In that Kobe video Kobe did a 360 dunk that looked like he barely got the
    ball over the rim. Looked slow. Jalen makes between the legs, 360 dunks
    look effortless. Dude is going to be trouble in the NBA!!!!!

*Despite no wingspan and little hands.....lol

**Side note: I noticed Green inverting take leg like MJ would do on dunks.
    Then a fellow noted that on a video breakdown of Jalen. MJ-like.
    MJ at 19 and Jalen Green at 19.....I'm just saying. People need to watch each

Here is MJ rookie season around age 20 looking like 188 pounds.
    Jalen Green can do all this as well.

#1785 ApacheWarrior, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He has russell westbrook explosiveness with a higher bbiq.

xaos likes this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Looks like a future superstar.

raining threes, coachbadlee and xaos like this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

I'm reluctant to say it but how many prospects in the last 5 years could you realistically say their ceiling is Kobe level of player?

Will it happen, likely no, but it's a real ceiling for this kid... from his movements, athletic ability, frame, etc

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

All he needs is for the rockets to as “baby Shaw” Chet holmgren next draft. Then right when the lakers completely fall off the new rocket lakers take over.

raining threes likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The people who are saying that just see flashy athleticism and it causes them to lose their minds, it's not real analysis.

jiggyfly, D-rock and raining threes like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So xaos doesn’t have real analysis. But you do because you come on here saying he is less intelligent than the other top picks. So damn sure of yourself when it comes to your opinions but tell others they are wrong. Just like in politics. And I’m sure other subjects as well.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm saying people get blinded by the flashy athleticism, it happens every single year.

When I say he's less intelligent, it's in comparison to 3 extremely intelligent prospects on and off the court.

Those simply aren't Green's strengths.... it's really not a controversial thing.

When it comes to BBIQ among the top 4 consensus prospects, Green is 4th

When it comes to passing, court vision,and defense, he's 4th

When it comes to iso scoring, he's first.

When it comes to athleticism and flash, he's first.

When it comes to shooting, he's second best.

If you want to hype him, stick to what he's good at rather than trying to argue he's good at things he's not good at.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

CHA CHING

14. raining threes

Who's the best shooter?

Green is special. The question is can a 19 year old develop the rest of his game? I'm guessing he will. You must disagree with Shaw about Green's work ethic. What makes you question Shaw's opinion?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Cade is the best shooter and it's not particularly close.

Green has potential as a shooter, but he's streaky and the small sample of 16 G league games has people likely believing he's a better shooter at this point than he really is. That said he's certainly a better shooter than Mobley or Suggs.

I don't necissarily disagree about his work ethic, but that kind of fluff is always said about players this time of year. On top of that, from what I saw, his defensive woes seemed to be as much caused by a lack of effort as it was a lack of defensive skill. I'm not certain that he'd ever put in the effort on that side of the ball because it seems like his focus is all on offense.

As a result, even if he's a hard worker, I'd bet he prioritizes his offensive shortcomings and ignores his defensive struggles.

That's not necessarily a terrible thing, if he becomes a more consistent shooter, improves his court vision, and becomes more of a competent facilitator, he'll be a very good player.....of course there's no way to know for sure how it'll go, that's why it's always a gamble with raw young players like Green. He could become Bradley Beal, he could become Gerald Green.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kobe isnt really all that special physically lol between him and Jr Smith I think JR Smith is the more gifted one.

What made Kobe special was his bball IQ, work ethic, hunger and ambition. He wanted to be a superstar day 1 and that was evident when he basically forced a trade to the Lakers as a rookie. Right now I see a lot of passion and ambition in Green but its tough to say if he wilm be the next Kobe cuz when Melo was just a rookie he seemed to be hungrier than Lebron. We have to wait and see if money and fame changes Green like it changed Kuzma and Herro. Lots of athletes come into the league with enough talent to be the next Kobe but then they lack the Mamba mentality to succeed.

jiggyfly and raining threes like this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Green is the next Kobe just like Wiggins was.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think Green is the next Kobe at all. I do thing he will surpass Wiggins.

coachbadlee likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Detroit takes Cade as expected and Mobley is taken by Stone as expected , then we should offer Detroit their 1st round pick for Saddiq Bey. The 23rd and the 24th picks can be retained.

I don't know if or when the Rockets are planning to bring Mobley or Jalen Green for workouts and interviews. That could give a better idea of their progress since the end of the NCAA and the G-league.
    @Nook

20. raining threes

So you disagree with Shaw's evaluation?