1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Cassell and Robert Horry admit they were furious about their trade to Phoenix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 14, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s crazy these so called Rockets Fans don’t find the only championships we won sacred.

And the hate for Tilman is overblown compared to Sarver to the point I think it’s just a Clutchfans only outrage.

look at this for Sarver. Now the Suns are in the finals

Salvy likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

And an incredibly rich owner all these "Rockets fans" would consider not cheap is not....

[​IMG]

tinman likes this.
  3. HTXSportsAddict

Career (may be incomplete) $17,389,676

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/malonma01.html

I'm pretty sure Matt had the last laugh on all of us. And honestly? Good for him.

tinman likes this.
  4. DonatelloLimestone

so you made it about tilman becacuse you're mad because too many people make it about tilman but this wasn't no one had so you did it?

to stand up for whats right and pay homeage to the victims in this whole thing, Tilman J Ferttta?

You're right. As he explicitly says it here, its not fair for him, And they bring him into topics he has nothing to do with, i mean hes just the owner, what the hell do you want him to do, give the final yes or no to everything?! people are absurd#fakenews thanks for calling it out. #FerttitaLivesMatter

5. DonatelloLimestone

I think les was a generally cheap owner too. Thats the thing, this isn't some silly espn cable news binary thing, Team tribal deal. I just think its objective. Tilman has spent 90 percent of the moves cutting taxes on depth and margins of the team, what makes matters worse is he lies to the fans publicly continues to point fingers on things that are verifiable. t doesn't help its cause. I was excited about Tilman genuinely bc it felt right getting a local while we were n contention to bring it home. It sadly didn't go all that way, hardne MDa, morey, westbrook you name it are all apart of it and apart to blaem. But the issue isn't that its a sin to replace ariza, I'm open to any changes, but to use minimums and then trade them while they are in the rotation for tax savings and lie about that summer. Its not been a good luck and we, paying fans, just gave our money and time for he worst team in the league for somethigns that many felt were reasonable and preventable in times of championship windowshttps://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...amn-turmoil-unsettling-vibe-surrounds-rockets

And Les, yes also gererly cheap. He did however pay the luxury tax once. but outside of that he bought in morey to get it done with efficiency in price rather than at all cost. But remmeber Les bought in the 90s, valuations wee aroudn the 90s at the time, now ts a billion dollar buy in and we all know as you mentioned les gave tilman a loan, tilman maxed out the nba loan, and sold bonds and the pandemic hit hard. But the 90 percent of cheaping out on moves was before all this. But I think people can learn and I hope tilman hears the frustration, shuts up and listens as he heeds his own advice, and just when our window comes, commits and then he can talk and be the town hero or anything, who care,s hwo wants to talk about an owner? but here we are. I don't get the sensitivity to it, when rockets lose or hardens being lazy we call it out, when mda can't adjust we call it out, thats all this is. nothing is without reciepts for tilman.

Thats what I don't get, particularly with @tinman, was that he can critisize les(I agreed), Morey/mda/harden you name it they all have the flaws, none of the mare the houston rockets, they are just moving peces of it, but then with tilman he refuses to even acknowledge when the dude lies to our fanbase. HE can do better, houston deserves better. I'm looking orward to our young guys and then in a few years big contracts will be coming, if we're good enough, I hope he learns sorta lke Sarver and we can go back to just thinking of clutch city and not if we'll actually pay or more people n the frnahicse that are established and respected leave for better pastures.

anyways you can all enjoy it how you want, go rockets.

6. DonatelloLimestone

right idea and right intentions? I don't mind anyone shaking things up, the nba is competitive and fast moving. Tottally fine to make moves, make tough decisions, but do you realize the decisions we made?
    18 offseason, we had bird rights. We let ariza go, I'm not even bringing up ariza the player, I'm saying the contract we could sign and trade, we could keep till deadline and trade him just like he did. the point is we were at the cap so either we lose it or use it. We ignored it. We had the MLE, we ignored it. We had TPE of over 10 million, we ignored it. You know who we replaced ariza with? James Ennis, Carmelo, and Daniel House. All on minimum deals. We cut melo after a bad start, kept his contracct until we could trade it for tax reasons. We cut Daniel house in january for 2 months for tax reasons. We traded james ennis for a top 55 protected 2nd round pick. Both of those guys were in MDA's short rotation.

Go look around at championship leagues...find some doing things like that? We also traded a first orund pick in the knight trade to get under the tax. Our owner then took the mike and told a team one of whose stars is chris paul, they twill learn a killer fighting instinct from him the longer he is the owner. He got caught lying publicly to MDA's contract and he volunteered that he pushed through the westbrook trade to a "weak basketball ops" Go see how many owners are doing this?

I don't get it, you guys see a victim, i see a guy who was ripe to be a CF local hero taking over from LEs who wasn't really popular or a favorite, just a quiet guy no one pays attention to, and now he continues to raise prices on us and lie to us, but the actual transactiosn don't show we went all in, unless all harden wanted to do was save tilman money 90 percent of the time. This was all before the pandemic, I would've sympathized after ward since its no ones fault at that point, although in tilman fashion he went and volunteered to tell a writer to write that he'll survive the pandimc and do so without any govertnment help, only to months later have to publicly ask trump to reclassify the assistance so that he can get it without bad PR. Video on cspan and posted a few post ago.

You can't make this stuff up, this guy is not doing himself any favors the way he behaves and you act like we make it up? maybe that one guy talking about cade migth be hyperbole, but you can find one or two anecdotal ones anywhere, generally we're wildly disappointed for not ust him cutting cost during a window which had us lose a ceo, gm, coach, ,associate coach, ass gm, stars, vets...but then also handlying it classlessly by lying to our faces and pointing elsewhere when the facts are there, you can goto bball ref and see our transactions since his first offseason and see the trends, but some how its amazing poeple can be lied to their face and just listen, i guess thats why shut up and listen was a best seller

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Officials: Dick Bavetta, Steve Javie, Eddie F. Rush

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We were on the way to winning when Barkley tore a ligament in his elbow.

DD

mikol13 and tinman like this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, that 98 season I think houston would have beat the jazz as an 8th seed and advanced, especially since the 8th seed was due to injuries during the season, watching him shoot free throws with the opposite hand sucked. It was similar to any other star player knowing they're going to be shutdown after taking the FTs.

Obviously 97... The bear hug... I just wanted to get the damn bulls vs rockets finals.

Let's not talk about 99, haha