1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Space Jam Sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by val_modus, May 2, 2016.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

This settles it. Jordan > Lebron

Slyonebluejay, RKREBORN and Jontro like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

lerbon ded

JumpMan likes this.
  3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Are y’all ready? 55 minutes til this drops.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So far, 38% on RT.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. bobloblaw

Yes I fully expect it to be bad but I’m interested in what many of the critics are upset by—a massive dump of WB film/franchise references. RT is probably not a good source for this type of movie.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

saw it. lerbon is truly an artistic genius on the court and on the silver screen.

10/10

i need some time to digest the greatness i have been blessed to have witnessed. so many good points. could probably write a college essay about this later.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

so, lot of free throws then? :oops:

Xerobull and Jontro like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Same continuity and cannon as the first Space Jam or is it multiverse?

Yung-T, B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

don't wanna give anything away, but the post credit scene doe. mind bottling.

Xerobull likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Spoiler.....

[​IMG]

mikol13, AXG, Ubiquitin and 8 others like this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

LBJ is one of the most unlikable phonies in sports, not sure why anyone thought he would be a good fit for this role

13. bobloblaw

Not very surprised everyone is hating on it but I enjoyed it. There was some really good animation on the Looney Tunes front mixed in with the absurdly over the top WB ads. The film references were mostly lame to me except for Mad Max. Some of the jokes actually made laugh though most were eye rollers as expected. I thought the set up of the movie was good enough for a reboot. Don Cheadle’s character is annoying but played about the same as any other kids movie villain. The second half of the movie could’ve been trimmed considerably. The movie should’ve been 1:30 tops.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

He’s arguably the GOAT, or at least the goat at his position.

Fan-wise they would have been better off casting Curry. Kids love that punk.

jiggyfly and tinman like this.
  15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I can't wait to watch my LeDaddy

10/10 will bust in the first 10 minutes.

AXG likes this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched with the kids. LeBron is a **** actor but I liked to movie more than the original.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's a lot better than most athletes. But there's this weird misconception that he's actually a good actor and I'm not sure where that comes from. He was borderline bad in Trainwreck. He wasn't awful or unwatchable, but those WWE actors (Bautista, Cena, Rock) do a lot better job and they are paid to be corny as hell during WWE.

EDIT: Just watched the movie. LeBron was inconsistent especially when it was his "real" scenes, but he honestly killed it most of the time especially when voice acting (minus the half assed screams). This **** was way better than the original. Wasn't a fan of how a good portion of the script was mercilessly sucking off LeBron -- but pretty good. Needed more NBA cameo time tho. THe plot is absolute nonsensical trash and reminds me of a FAst and Furious plot. F A M I L Y.

#97 RedRedemption, Jul 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

About what I expected and neither worse nor better then the original. Both movies are average at best. I didn't mind the multitude of WB plugs, and some were done well. The Looney Tunes segments and animation were good. I appreciate the family angle to the story but it's a familiar subplot and wasn't developed all that well. But what more could you do cause Lebron can't act. Overall, the movie isn't iconic like the first and probably will be quickly forgotten.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Bron teaching kids its okay to switch teams lol

It was better than I thought it would be but overall meh. Bron just doesn't have that aura that Michael had to make up for the bad acting.
    Its too long. I really enjoyed seeing the ready player one type of scenes with nostalgia characters WB has the rights to. My favorite scene and the only thing that made me laugh was the Mad Max scene with the Wile E. Coyote.

The original is short and gets to the point and is over before you know it. Simple and classic. Memorable soundtrack. Timless. This new one is bloated and uninspiring. Forgettable soundtrack. Will never watch it again.

AXG likes this.