1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson didn't enjoy his time in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, Jul 15, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

agree 100% except for the last sentence... his 3pt shooting was elite and near elite both his year on rockets

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What he said was humorously accurate though. On point. Not really a GAMER'S answer, sure, but he seems... like a realist.

heypartner likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DreamShook and hakeem94 like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

that isn't in dispute, but when Harden was getting doubled at half court and not willing to do anything else inside the 3point line. You might needs something else. Im not going to harp on this anymore im just saying.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It was elite on the road. At home...he was average.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Post some of those highlights will ya

I want to see something

Rocket River

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well, you didn't like the pressure getting paid a lot brought, but you got paid a lot.

I feel for Ryno, but at the end of the day he was compensated for it.

8. steddinotayto

the only Ryan that matters in a Rockets uniform

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

PJ didn’t play the whole game when we had Luc healthy. I would rather have PJ play a full 48 in the playoffs against GS or any high stakes games than to see Ryno out there for even 5 minutes. We needed more than passable, we needed elite. He couldn’t hit his open shots. and he should be blaming himself for that 1st and foremost.

Even in the 16-17 season which he himself said was so much fun, he still could not shoot at home. He shot 37% from the field and 33% from 3 at home that regular season, and the bricks started from day 1. His 1st 5 home games with us he shot 16-51 from the floor and 6-25 from 3. What was his excuse then? Half the season he couldn’t be counted on to do his 1 job. Against OKC in the playoffs, he shot 3-20 at home. Against the Spurs at home, 5-21. This is a guy who shoots 36% from the field and 33% from 3 for his career in the playoffs that spans 6 appearances. He can’t handle the pressure and is not reliable. He really has the nerve to be crying and complaining that a 65 win team wasn’t utilizing him the way he wanted.

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, AXG and ElPigto like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm sorry but I am seeing alot of Spot up threes
    There are a few Dribbles into LONG TWOs

His Back to the Basket game was not incredible looking here

What *exactly* did he want more of
    He wanted to dribble and initiate more? Dribble drives?

Rocket River

12. steddinotayto

It's not a coincidence that he wasn't having fun the year we won 65 games and also did this:

I'd feel like I'm Jordan too if I yammed like that in an NBA game and was told "No Ryan you shoot only 3s"

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where is Ryan these days?

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I guess you're missing all they pick and pop too. Rockets would run PnRs with Clint leaving Ryan Anderson to spot up at the top of the key. There wasn't much PnR with Anderson like we see in these highlight vids. He excelled in the pick in pop.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. HardenVolumeOne

whoever overpays Duncan Robinson deserves whatever they get

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Sir, we have reached a deal.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

He was overpaid, and he failed. And specifically, his inability to defend in that crucial game vs. GSW was lethal.

However, he's right about "You want to be involved." We need more versatile players than Ryno. But we also need an offense where the ball moves. It makes everyone more engaged and more effective. It's not an accident that championship teams move the ball more than the Harden Rockets did. One guy dribbling doesn't look any better when Chris Paul does it for Phoenix than when Harden did it for us.

hakeem94 and ashleyem like this.
  18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Chron.com posted a whole article. Read the whole thing before you bash Anderson. He's not really complaining about his time here. He's just calling out exactly what all of us already knew. He was overpaid, and he knew it too, and he didn't perform as well as he wanted. Why the need to bash the dude. He had some good moments and it turned out he wasn't an all-star.

I can say one thing. Ryan Anderson was paid less than Kelvin Cato. Mic Drop.

Ryan Anderson opens up about his struggles with Rockets (chron.com)

seopee likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Now we know where Eric Gordon's "I'm not having fun" came from.

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Whines about getting heckled, whines about being a poor defender, whines about letting the fans down. Soft.

And yes you absolutely let the fans down and quite literally slammed our title window shut for a little while there with your contract on the books. Thanks for that. Maybe instead of whining you should've invested some of that $80mil into a defensive coach & a sports psychologist. Maybe then you could've shot better than 20 something percent at home.

They hear the noise and it affects them? Orly? That's kind of the point. Our entire section wanted Terrence Jones to hear our "Trade Terrence Jones" chant, that was the point. Yes fans can be d!cks but I'll take all of it and more with the money they're paid

#80 BigggReddd, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    AXG likes this.