1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. noize

noize Contributing Member

I know this thread has been dead for a while now, but I'm just excited to know that I will be getting a PS5 in the next couple of days amidst the shortages. My brother who has long been on Sony account for years was qualified for one PS5 purchase. Needless to say, he already owned a PS5 since launched and that I will be the lucky owner to take this one off his hands. Alright, lets go straight to the games.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart -
    Played this one at my brother's place. This is hands down the best looking game on the PS5 and is the one with that exclusive "true" next gen feel that is only enhanced by the dual sense controller. Ray tracing is amazing in this game. If this is an indication of how the rest of nex gen gaming tech will take us, we're in for a real treat. The game is just as fun to play as it is to look at. For fans of action plat-formers similar to the JAK & Daxter series.

Returnal-
    Another beautiful game similar to Lost planet in gameplay and settings. Its fun at the beginning but got bored after 3 hours, probably because I suck at the game. It can get pretty damn hard.

Horizon Forbidden West: Anyone seen the State of Play video recently? No doubt the game looks gorgeous, but some parts or scene looks a little last gen which is disappointing. Its not surprising since it also will be released for the PS4.

That's all I got for now. To wrap this up. I'm also very much looking forward to playing some PS4 exclusive games with revamped graphics and faster loading time on the PS5. Playing TLOU2 and GOW in 4K/ 60fps is pretty impressive.

Looks like I will be putting up my mint condition PS4 Pro up for sale since it doesn't make any sense to keep it anymore. Anyone know what its worth? I'm looking at Amazon and Ebay and these Pro version are actually more expensive then the PS5. That's crazy...I wonder if that's due to the shortages of the PS5 along with the Pro being a rare breed now?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man yall STILL trying to land PS5's? What a worldt.

Ubiquitin and boomboom like this.
  3. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

Chivlary 2 has been a ton of fun FYI. all platforms, worth checking it out if you like medevil war fare at all

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just got an LG CX OLED. It's a brand new world. Night and day difference gaming-wise.

Clutch City1993, Genesis and Ziggy like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I want one but not actively trying to get one. But if there was someone I could go buy one this second I would go enter my CC info

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Switch 'Pro' was a bit of a let down -- much better screen, but that's about it for $350.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They could slap a donkey kong sticker on the back of it and charge 500, it would sell out instantly

Yung-T likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

Honestly the only problem I have with the Switch lite is the screen is a little too small and made of plastic.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

When I was a kid the PSP and Nintendo DS or gameboys never did it for me, same now, and fck phone games too

The only thing that makes me consider a switch is all the great kid games Nintendo has that my son could play, I'd just set it up on a TV though

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

I bought it for pandemic entertainment, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it -- I just don't like going to the game room and using the main TV isn't really an option so zoning out with the Switch is pretty awesome.

Yung-T and ThatBoyNick like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doom eternal with the ray tracing is lit

12. noize

noize Contributing Member

Looks like Sony will devise a new plan to combat the ps5 shortages..or to at least, lessen the blow.

https://www.t3.com/us/news/what-sonys-incoming-playstation-5-redesign-reveals-about-the-ps5-pro
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...t-shelves-and-what-to-expect/?sh=17dbe88a1a4e

Basically, they will redesign the PS5 with an improved and more readily available chip sets (also by TSMC)...and speculation out there that a PS5 PRO version is also a possibility.

I feel really bad for die-hard gamers that are willing to spend $800+ from scalpers, that just maybe this news will help them ease off from buying one until the new version comes out.

#1672 noize, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    Yung-T and RC Cola like this.
  13. KingCheetah

PS5 Pro Slim that you can actually buy... sign me up.

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I really doubt it will be a PS5 Pro. Just seems like a minor internal redesign to help reduce costs/increase supply, which is pretty common (even pre-pandemic). Sony does this quite frequently with their consoles, and I think they even publicly commented that this is a strategy they'll take. For the consumer, I doubt it will be much different than the current PS5s, albeit maybe a bit quieter and/or energy efficient. And maybe available for sale (hopefully).

But speaking of new consoles:

Yung-T and KingCheetah like this.
  15. KingCheetah

$650 for the 512 gb is pretty crazy -- all the prices are really.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe nothing is in stock still.

Blatz and arkoe like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Me either (if what you say is true).

18. KingCheetah

The specs are awesome but the battery life for all that power is ridiculous -- you really have to use it plugged in to take advantage of the horsepower.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd rather get an ipad air or a used pro.

The 2nd tier probably the wisest choice with the quicker memory.

It's pretty much a tablet pc with a touch screen and handle controllers. Having your steam library available is a pretty big win, but that compatibility list is something to pay attention to.

I guess we're still 5-10 years away from making streaming work like Stadia or GeforceNow. You can technically play those two on a tablet right now.

Stadia's controllers separately connect to Google servers for less lag and that would've been great if Valve's controls or 3rd party joy cons planned to do the streaming thing.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Got an E-Mail from sony direct inviting me to a closed purchase session Friday, and now I finally have one on the way. Make sure your sony direct account is active and maybe you'll finally get your number called. It's the only way you can get one without having to fight bots.

From what I've read the shortage could last through the end of the year.

#1680 sealclubber1016, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    peleincubus and Ubiquitin like this.