1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giddey up!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Jul 13, 2021.

1. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Yeah most likely. 18 years old, productive at a pro level, legit wing size with legit floor general qualities. Even if he drops out of the lottery I don't see him making it past the Knicks twice.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Does that make me a prophet? Actually I think I might be a 99er; I used to be RichRocket which is a derivation of my given name but people kept insinuating that I wanted everyone to know that I was "rich" ... so I changed it.

Deckard and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you can get a Joe Ingles after pick 10 or so, you have achieved a MASSIVE success in the 1st round...

The thing that is interesting to me is how much people overrate the NBA draft. Past the first few picks, finding a player the caliber of a Joe Ingles amidst a sea of busts is exceedingly rare.

giddyup, VoR, omgTHEpotential and 2 others like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both MCW and Simmons are beasts on defense.

Giddey lacks any giddy up in that area.

cmoak1982 and BossHogg713 like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If I lost 50 pounds, I'd be a skeleton. Sure could use an extra 6" in height, though. Oh, and don't listen - keep the beard!
    ;-)

giddyup likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

Agree 100%

Even finding a really good player with say the #8 pick is tougher than people think:

2007 - Brandan Wright
    2008 - Joe Alexander
    2009 - Jordan Hill
    2010 - Al-Farouq Aminu
    2011 - Brandon Knight
    2012 - Terrence Ross
    2013 - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    2014 - Nik Stauskas
    2015 - Stanley Johnson
    2016 - Marquese Chriss
    2017 - Frank Ntilikina
    2018 - Collin Sexton
    2019 - Jaxson Hayes
    2020 - Obi Toppin

You could argue that Ingles is better than the majority of these players.

RudyTBag, giddyup and VoR like this.
  7. VoR

VoR Member

8 is really hard. There are players you’re supposed to take on talent alone. Later in the round and in the second round you can take risks and follow your instincts without the entire media second guessing you.

8. VoR

VoR Member

The NBA needs to come to an agreement to stop paying these kids too much to basically be developed. Most of these 19 year olds need contracts more similar to drafting baseball players, considering all of the risk involved and time to develop.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You could argue that Joe Ingles is twice as good as most of these players. :D

omgTHEpotential and VoR like this.
  10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

So just gonna make a thread for each guy you want drafted?