1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree with everything you said.

But Sengun is just so good and reminds me so much of young Jokic.

Except he isn't fat.

Salvy and Trackwell like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. 9baller

9baller Member

You stand pat and let Detroit make their pick. We have the leverage here.

5. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Is it possible the Rockets leaked the Cade interest because they know Detroit is gonna take Green? Making it seem like they’re getting the guy the wanted all along?

Rudyc281 and fckbandwagons like this.
  6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Is it possible that Cade is low key hinting at the move to Houston. Location is close to family and his child?
    Detroit gets their first rounder back from us, the 2nd pick, 23rd pick or any possible pick coming from Eric Gordon trade. Win for both sides.

RudyTBag and Roxfan4lyfe like this.
  7. Rokman

Rokman Member

What about if we were to trade the 2nd pick and Gordon for . . . . . . James Harden?? Who says no?!

8. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I was saying the same because I heard Avery Johnson saying this right after the draft lottery he said he’s thinks Cade might wanna be in Houston over Detroit because he from Texas and I honestly think Detroit is taking Green

9. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I mean if he’s another Jokic Or even 80% of that Would be a big win lol

D-rock likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Why would Houston care? Everybody thinks Cade should go #1 and knows Houston is the 2nd pick, so Houston will take whichever player is there. I don't think Houston can look bad in all this if they stand pat. The only way they can look bad is if they trade up to #1 to get Cade and Cade flops but Green and/or Mobley ends up being a stud. Of course if they trade up to #1 and Cade is a phenom, they look like geniuses. But like I said, nobody's going to blame them for taking whoever ends up being at #2 unless they try to get cute and draft Hingle McCringleberry there. Another possibility for failure would be to trade down and miss out on a legend at #2.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Please don't give Tillman any ideas. You have been warned!

saleem, RasaqBoi and D-rock like this.
  12. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Hingle McCringleberry is too skinny, high-waisted, lackadaisical effort, doesn't play any defense, and is a one-dimensional scorer. He can sure dunk though.

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

The only way the Rockets get Cade is if they find a way to trade up to the #1 pick.

If Detroit decides to keep the #1 pick then they will pick Cade. If they decide they don't want Cade and would prefer Green then they would be stupid NOT to trade that pick to Houston to get additional assets (because they know the only reason the Rockets are trying for the #1 is for Cade).

houston19519 likes this.
  14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He's also the kind of player who can be a coach on the floor and really get his teammates into position. His basketball IQ overcomes his lack of speed, non-existent lateral quickness, single-digit jumping ability, crappy shot, and a propensity to commit reach-in fouls after the opponent is two steps gone.

Come to think of it, I am Hingle McCringleberry.

But fatter.

Nook, sydmill, rkh-dog and 1 other person like this.
  15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I wonder if we could do the same to Cleveland with Mobley?

jayfree likes this.
  16. jayfree

jayfree Member

Imagine if the Rockets traded up to get the #1 only to sell the #1 to Cleveland for more assets and still end up with Cade (Cleveland takes Mobley and Detroit takes Green).

Doubtful but fun. Only way that happens is if Detroit wanted Mobley and felt Houston or Detroit would take him.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. jayfree

jayfree Member

To be honest, if the Pistons pick Cade #1 then I would hope the Rockets have a deal in place with the Cavs to trade down to the #3 spot and get an additional asset or two. No matter what the Cavs do the Rockets would still end up with either Mobley or Green + more.

I say no to trading up for Cade for this reason alone

tycoonchip and saleem like this.
  18. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

We are now two weeks away from the NBA Draft. Expect more reports/rumors/smokescreens. I firmly believe the Rockets will stay at #2 and take Jalen Green. I really don't see the Pistons passing on Cade and I don't see the Pistons trading down to #3 with Cleveland, either. I'm also really high on Jalen Green to the point where I don't really care what the Pistons do. If Rockets come away with Cade or Green, I'll be happy

charlieaustin and amaru like this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Fits the eye test, didn’t have the athleticism to get by his defender and get all the way to the cup, layups and dunks highest % shot in basketball. This is also why his assists numbers were worse than expected, he could not break down the defense to create more openings for his teammates.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

James Harden lol

Nook and Caesar like this.