1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] LOKI (Tom Hiddleston)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah that was the most anticlimactic/non-finale feel evar. it had a dragon ball z cartoon feel to it where they stare at each other intensely for 30 minutes. all that to say kang is a chaotic neutral character who gets killed and then quickly replaced by another (presumably evil) kang.

also @robbie380 breh speaks the truth. sylvie became a dumbass loki in the end. hope she dies, she aint even pretty.

Invisible Fan and robbie380 like this.
  2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

If you want to dump exposition on my for 20 minutes, at least do it in the penultimate episode, not the finale.

I keep waiting for some big, giant reveal in one of these shows that really kicks off the multiverse, teases new characters (Fantastic Four or Xmen) and I guess I keep getting disappointed.

I'm assuming Kang (some form of him) is the big bad in the next phase. The MCU is Earth-199999. Perhaps they dumped Loki into Earth-616 and that kicks it off?

I guess we have to wait for Dr. Strange.

#202 Supermac34, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Spoilers people. Christ.

Jontro likes this.
  4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It was very anticlimactic but I'm assuming this is serving as a set up for Dr. Strange, still feels lacking for a season finale.....

Jontro and Blatz like this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

After Feige's comments about Dr. Strange and why he axed him from the Wandavision cameos I've got pretty low expectations for Dr. Strange going forward. All the old male lead heroes are nerfed or gone except Spiderman. The only one that was remaining was Black Panther and sadly Chadwick Boseman passed away. Falcon has turned into a nerfed Captain America too. I know they are supposed to be buffing Thor in Love and Thunder but he was trash in Endgame. I guess Deadpool is hanging around still lol.

My MCU interest is seriously waning after these Disney+ shows. They say they are necessary watching if you want to understand the entirety of the MCU going forward. It's disappointing because I've enjoyed a lot of the MCU and I really don't care for the direction they are going. I feel like they might have bitten off more than they can chew.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Man, that jump scare really caught me off guard. It was completely unexpected...

I (and we) have to keep in mind that a lot of these shows/movies are leading into a new phase of Marvel. The options are pretty much unlimited when it comes to the direction they will be taking. These tv shows are pretty much setting the foundation to what is to come within the next Marvel cinematic titles. WandaVision gave us the Scarlett Witch and White Vision, Falcon and Winter Soldier gave us Captain America and the Spring(?) Solider with The Thunderbolts beginnings also in play, and now Loki is giving us
    Kang, or Immortus, Pharaoh Rama Tut, or Prime Kang, or whatever other Kangs end up within the MCU.
    It's all leading to such a wide open slate to the universe.

We also have to check ourselves that not everyone is familiar with the comic versions of these stories... so House of M could have been a real possibility with WV but wasn't. FWS could have brought the true White Wolf to the universe but wasn't. And now Loki could have kept the new lead villain and actor currently playing him, out completely... but they're choosing to give him a foundation and backstory to who and why he is here. A lot of people don't even know who this villain is and how exactly he connects to the Marvel Comic Universe. So to them, this would be such an exciting beginning for what's to come.

I feel like Jonathan Majors did a fantastic job as He Who Remains in the episode. His Immortus outfit was pretty great. I really enjoyed watching him explain everything to Loki and Sylvie. Maybe it could lead to Secret Wars... with X-Men possibly on the horizon and the multiversal war that is currently being explored now.

Honestly, it could have been worse and we could have had another Loki variant pulling the strings that ended up dead anyway too... then no Jonathan Majors cameo or Kang teaser to go off of. Even if most of us knew he would be appearing in Quantumania, it just keeps us open to seeing Kang even earlier into the MCU upcoming projects. I'm at least excited for that

#206 FLASH21, Jul 14, 2021
    mikol13 and Beezy like this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

My first prediction….

teacher Ramona Renslayer is running a school for gifted kids that will include The Fantastic 4 and Kang Richards. All 4 will at some point discover time travel, reck it, try to fix it, become time keepers, and then Kang as one of the 4 goes rogue.

they show up at the school to either stop it or understand it. Ramona is the TVA judge because she knows all the children who ended up creating the TVA. So… bottom line…the creators of the TVA will be the Fantastic 4 and they are pruning the variants they created. Kang was likely pruned by his own Fantastic 4.

#207 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 14, 2021
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

“Loki will return in season two”

Xerobull likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just finished. Lots to digest. I didn’t mind the episode as a finale. The entire series has been about setting up the multiverse.

But:

re: Kang: his whole schtick was tiresome. It was very reminiscent of how Lex Luthor is being played in the DCEU movies - completely wrong. However, I think there’s a reason- the ‘evil’ Kang will be totally different so this act is sort of a red herring. But I still didn’t like it. Kang is a major player even if he’s a lawful neutral variant in this episode. Acting like a schmuck was a bit too much.

I’ll read some episode breakdowns and post more in the morning.

Ziggy and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess D+Shows serves as a teaser and seeds for movies, but the troll game is heavy for TV viewers...almost like a burlesque house with pasties.

I don't like how there's already a season two, as if its a Star Wars trilogy, but it gave people Loki back and a potentially interesting platform for his own.

So "bigger picture" expectations bad..."TV expectations" better?

Anyways, im not sure that i like how all endgames eventually end up as Kang, almost makes everything else pointless with Rick and Morty-esque nihilism...

Written in time of Covid.

Jontro likes this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Finished it last night with the wife. I liked it. I don't have like crazy high expectations for some TV shows. Don't know why, I just don't have as many complaints about Loki or the finale like a lot of people do. Solid finale. B+.

mikol13 and lpbman like this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Roscoe Arbuckle, Blatz and Ottomaton like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Some thoughts:

Don't discount all of the quotes at the beginning of the episode. I think there are some hints in there, but I haven't dug into them yet.

Note that Sylvie said 'But I'm not you'. She's become her own person. She barely had time to 'be' Loki. So it's sort of like Loki was making out with his long lost twin sister. Gross, but these are gods and that sort of **** isn't unheard of in mythology. S

It's interesting to think about how everything that has happened in the MCU since Endgame (except the spy stuff like BW and Falcon/WS) has been leading up to the multiverse. I was wondering how they were going to top Thanos and the Snap and this is it. It's the reason why MCU > DCEU or really any other franchise out there. A strong guiding plan, vision and hand.

Now What If...? will actually mean something. All of the episodes are 'actually' happening in the multiverse.

MCU Path:
    • Phase 4: Multiverse: Bring in new characters/teams like Fantastic Four
    • Phase 5: Multiverse War: Mutants will be introduced
    • Phase 6: Secret Wars (2015 comic version)
    I think Marvel will hold on to the X-Men team until after Phase 6. The whole multiverse will be played out and they will need to keep interest going.

I read a bunch of Easter Eggs last night and the one that really stuck with me was that Kang's citadel is very Eastern European and might be Dr. Doom's castle. In the comics, Kang 'discovered' time travel by finding Dr. Doom's time machine. This is a pretty big hint to the future of the MCU including the FF being introduced.

Another one that caught my eye was that there were four timekeeper statues in the citadel and that one of them was broken on the ground.

14. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'm OK with the finale, as long as it really ties into the next movie or two. If there aren't huge Dr. Strange tie ins, then they're just kind of leading us on and milking the cash cow.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Did anyone see any fan theories or anything about why Miss Minutes offered the Lokis a completely different deal than Kang/Immortus?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Love the concept of using this to bring in the F4 (hopefully from the 60s).

Do NOT like the idea of introducing Fox's X-Men this way (wars).

Like the idea (mentioned in this thread) that maybe this version of Kang isn't really the one in control (for the time being), he just thinks he is.

Must be fun as an actor to get to play different versions of the same character (Kang).

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My impression is that the Kang who won was probably as vicious as the rest but mellowed out over millions of years. Even after that he still looked unhinged and did ****ed up things.

That whole "end of time" is a trip to think about. Kang mentioned that another one of him wlll pop up and replace him if the Lokis don't prune the timelines. But that makes it seem like any conclusion doesn't matter (to us) since it has already happened.

Even with the chaotic war, once there's a winner, then there's Kang (series implies it's always Kang). So those pruned realities that will war with each other exist (before final Kang) and the genocidal "pure" sacred timeline also exists (after final Kang).

The only difference is that only final Kang knows they both exist.

Ofc this could all change when more dorks watch movies and b**** about continuity. That's the perk of trying things out on TV. Just forget it never happened if the concept bombs.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sylvie is the Lokiest Loki of all

Rocket River

Jontro likes this.
  20. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

So is the idea that every time a new universe forms from a big event diverting off the main timeline, then that new universe brings with its own Kang since he’s from the future right?