1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s good to explore your options, but with these new lottery rules, you could be one of the 5 worst teams in the league for a decade and still not get as high as #2 again. So unless some other GM has a complete meltdown and gives away the farm, do your homework and pick best available where you are.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tilman's an idiot, he's going to throw away our future to move up 1 spot in the draft.

We can't build a championship team unless Cade turns into a top 5 player of all time (unlikely), we need multiple years of lotto picks to be relevant again. Next year should also be a tank year while developing our players.

saleem, PeterKingX and tmoney1101 like this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If Detroit wants Green they have 2 options. Take him at 1 or trade back to 2. That’s it. We shouldn’t be bending over backwards to move up to 1. If we really want Cade make them a reasonable offer and sit back and wait. Don’t go back and forth. Make them sweat make them decide between our first offer or take Green 1. We win either way.

Shark44, Richie_Rich, Bo6 and 10 others like this.
  4. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

This. This right here. Called me out bro.

joshuaao and matchesmalone like this.
  5. theDude

Supporting Member

Cade is supposedly only going to workout for Detroit. If draft day comes and the only team that’s seen him workout is suddenly keen to trade, I’d be a little skeptical. Stick with your guy at #2 and make them take him ahead of you.

Blatz, joshuaao, mikenm268 and 5 others like this.
  6. raining threes

If they were trade up using 23 and say Tate for pick #10, then traded for Cade and sucked next year, then drafted one of the bigs do you really think they would suck.

KPJ
    Cade
    Say a guy like Jones
    Chet or the other big (Cant remember his name.

That looks like a good young talented team to me, with plenty of room to grow and Stone would still have the Brooklyn picks and FA to work with. The future is bright.

matchesmalone likes this.
  7. raining threes

I've got Cade #1 and Green #2.

Cade not working out wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

tycoonchip likes this.
  8. theDude

Supporting Member

Me too. I’m just saying if the only team that saw him workout suddenly called and said they are willing to deal, it would raise a flag.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is it just me or does this sound like the dumbest move ever? Give up multiple picks just to move up one spot? It doesn't make any type of sense.

bigreg, mikenm268 and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There could be all sorts of behind-the-scenes of which we know nothing.

Cade will go first in any case. I wouldn't give up a ton to move up if we want him. These Tate + 23 + 24 + give back Detroit's pick etc, no.

mikenm268 and saleem like this.
  11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Depend who else is trying to trade for the #1 pick.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why is everyone on this multiple picks talk? The going rate to move up a few spots is 1 protected pick.

mikenm268 likes this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Rockets must really not value Green and Mobley if they are willing to move one spot for Cade.

saleem likes this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Especially to get to #1 where the team with the #1 pick would rather have the guy who is supposed to go #2. It's not a good look for Cade and increases hype on Green. Even if someone jumped us in a trade up with Detroit, we still get 1 of Cade or Green ..........or even Mobley.

coachbadlee and saleem like this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's the bottom line for me too. I do like Cade a lot though, more than anyone else.

theDude and raining threes like this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

You would blame Tilman for actually pushing for the top prospect this draft lol, do you even stop and think before blaming Tilman just because you don't like him?

17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

if you had to pick a rapper to rap at your bar mitzvah, would you pick snoop dogg or the kid who used to rap in the high school cafeteria that now sells mixtapes in Galveston?

coachbadlee likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

I would say, “Value less.”

Get Cade if Detroit doesn’t get horrifically greedy. Take Green or Mobley if you stay at #2 (unless some star player worth the #2 pick is up for grabs [Simmons is not worth the pick], and such a move would come out of left field).

raining threes likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Cade is #1 on my board still, but if he were such a can't miss unanimous #1 pick, this wouldn't even be a possibility or even a rumor.

raining threes, saleem and RasaqBoi like this.
  20. ROXTXIA

Well, would Snoop pass that s*** or would he bogart the roach?

Are they good mixtapes?

mikenm268 likes this.