1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I saw that as well.

Which goes to my point that the Green Gang basketball knowledge is somewhat lacking.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I feel like for as player separated as it is around here, it's mostly just the excitement talking. Being in this place in a deep draft is rare territory. A fresh start. Everyone wants to grow up or many if our cases- grow old with our new young players and root for an eventual champion, but come on...everyone will be on board with whomever the Rockets pick within days of the pick being made. Even if the others go on to be better players, i think we still ride with our players and even overrate our own players. I'm not going to cry or throw a fit if we don't get Green. I'll be most shocked and slightly angry if we take Suggs, even though i like Suggs, but feel we could trade down for a good deal obviously. I'll be on board with anyone. Mobley is not trash. Young Camby in todays NBA is an exciting prospect.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You picked your horse, I picked my horse.....horses are entering the starting gate.

All that's left is the race itself.

Caesar likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean… it’s Twitter lol. I saw an article in a tweet the other day talking about how Mobley is a AD/KD hybrid.

Twitter is a cesspool lol.

DCkid likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

Far too often I've found it's people who are overly concerned with being among the first to be "right" that worry me the most. Surround me instead with those that were quick to admit when they got it wrong.

Caesar likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't have a horse that's what you people can't get your head around.

I'm just tired of all the Mobley slander and the Green worship.

I mean now he is better than Lavine and Beale and a notch under Booker.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s on here too…that just happened to be the one that broke the camel’s back

just the other day I saw a post on here saying Mobley could be out of the league in 3 years…as if he’s some clumsy, stiff big with no skills

D-rock, JayZ750 and ElPigto like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No everyone will not be on board, you had people on here for years wanting to get rid of James Freakin Harden.

You really are delusional.

D-rock likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Capela took 3 years to develop as he went from 8 mins, 19 mins to 24 mins

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does that have to do with anything are we just saying random stuff now?

D-rock likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Capela had to get stronger, gain weight to go toe to toe with NBA bigs....get with the program

What do you think Mobley at 218 pounds is going to go in throwing 250 pound men
    around?

Edited: you brought up Capela weight when he entered the league being close to Mobley

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Capela took 3 years to develop playing a low amount of minutes, but he was also on a good team hoping to go far in the playoffs…minutes will be scarce and not automatically handed to u in that instance unless you’re just ready from day 1 because mistakes or shortcomings will be too costly

How much would “I barely shot over 30% from 3 and my efficiency is trash” KPJr have played on a good team?

guys like Lavine and Beal didn’t even become good until year 5

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Capela did not and does not have Mobleys handle or passing ability, if he did he would have been playing much sooner and drafted much higher.

Mobley does not have to be throwing grown men around Capela is not doing that either and he still has trouble one on one in the post so once again you are creating a strawman.

So let me try and help you understand Mobley does not need to be throwing guys around to be effective, you know kind of like Capela has become very effective and he still cannot do the same things.

Also Mobley is much more skilled than Capela so there is exactly no reason to compare the 2 and even if you do by the end of year Capela was helping the team by being the type of player Mobley is.

D-rock likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Capela was also contributing by the end of the year on that good team and was playing major minutes in the WCF.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Jiggy flying all over the place. I dont even understand what he's getting out of this. Just calling out delusion and basketball knowledge for both opposing his views and for agreeing with his views.

A crack on the head
    Is what you get for not asking
    And a crack on the head
    Is what you get for asking

platypus likes this.
  16. Caesar

Caesar Member

No one said he's better than Beal, Lavine or Booker. Projecting ceiling isn't an exact science, but saying i believe he has a higher ceiling than them isn't saying he's better than them now as your post suggested. You're coming off angry and when you're angry, you just throw around accusations and insults and rearrange statements to fit your rage.

Who hurt you?

platypus and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Offense is a part of the game....so is playing defense. and I'm saying Mobley defending
    and bodying up against 250 pound men or greater is going to take a lot out
    of Mobley's game in transition and offense.

Steph Curry is kept from guarding bigger players (except spot up shooters)
    as a means of not wearing down Curry in the fourth quarters or sooner.

I'm done talking, I've said all this back in March.....I don't like repeating myself.
    Not my fault you are late to the party. Debate with others that find you
    challenging. I do not.

platypus and CVcrew like this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Burn Mobley at the stake!!! How dare anyone even consider him over the Philippine idol!!!

I see perfectly reasonable guys who just prefer Green over Mobley for their own different reasons.

platypus and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

20. Bobby Jackson Rules

Guys, let’s take a break. I just thank God we have 2nd pick. We could have something like 20th pick instead of that 2nd pick for about 48% of chance. Lets just enjoy this.