1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

"An opinion" based on the advanced college stats that are readily available and along with some of the scouting reports. So no, it's not MY opinion but one widely shared.

That's you either misinterpreting or twisting my words. Where did I specifically mention his brother or excel? Try again.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Mobley Mob have this irrational belief Mobley is going to be able to walk on the court and play center.....

3. a time to chill

I've been seeing so much hype for Jalen Green lately. I hope it continues so that Pistons pick him and we end up with Cade.

Deuce, JayZ750, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is why a trade up would be pointless. We're guaranteed a stud. Just save the assets and take who's available.

5. a time to chill

I'm not a fan of trading up to the #1 spot just to draft Cade though. Too risky. Rockets should stay put and let Pistons get Cade and they pick Green or Mobley at #2.

Edit: Corrected typo

#1685 a time to chill, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    D-rock, DCkid and J Sizzle like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

this is the way.

D-rock and DCkid like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now your opinion is based on advanced stats?

So why do you ignore all the advanced stats that say he will be a allstar type player?

The bolded part was directed to another poster.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And Green gang have this irrational belief that Green is gonna be an all star caliber player immediately and has Kobe level ability.

Do you want to keep going?

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

If the Rockets really like Cade, I would think about trading 23 or 24 to move up 1 spot, but that's about it. If someone else has a better offer to move up to #1, then just let them. Maybe we'd even call the Pistons bluff and they end up just taking Green straight up at #1. I'm fine just standing pat and taking Green at #2. We're not at the point yet where we should be carless with our assets (i.e., our first round picks). The first domino needs to fall before that starts. Definitely not trading any future first round picks...even those that maybe look like they won't be very high at the moment.

a time to chill and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The Mobley gang have this rational belief that 6'10 and 215 lb. or whatever winspan can spawn a Giannis. The Greek freak is 7'4 and 240 lbs, Kevin Durant about the same height as Mobley except he is 240 lbs. I thought Durant is a toothpick, but there is a thinner toothpick that I didn't know.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

??

Greek Freak is not 7’4. U do know Giannis wasn’t even 200 lbs when he was drafted right? KD was also nowhere near 240 when he was drafted.

D-rock, YOLO and jiggyfly like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

these are the mighty shoulders that Giannis used to have

[​IMG]

I guess his ass isn’t all the way up at his chest like Mobley tho

a time to chill, D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Stop trying to play gotcha.... I clearly said and scouting reports too. There's a big difference between looking at rebounding rates and reading scouting reports than projecting whether a NCAA player will be an all star.

Why are you acting like it's strange that a 215lb PF/C had trouble with positioning?

Then you still either twisted their words or misinterpreted them. If Mobley couldn't hold down the center spot at USC then how is he going to do it his rookie year in the NBA? Mobley is going to need some seasons to get his body filled out.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Undersized because he is 180 lbs not anything to do with height.

And 6'8 wingspan for 6'6 player is not considered great.

In any case, this should not hinder him from being a great player, offensively or defensively.

He can add muscle weight no doubt.

And if he gets stronger, and puts in maximum effort on defense he can still be a good defender.

Jimmy Butler also overcame a short wingspan to be an excellent defender.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Sure.

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

The way I hear it, his ass is up around his ears.

Or is that the description of all his haters?

Having trouble keeping all these alternate facts straight.

Reeko likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

I've been consistently saying Mobley will start at 4 and be small ball 5.

And this is actually the consensus of everyone who believe Mobley is 2nd best player in this draft.

Including draft analysts and media.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Giannis was 6'10 and 196 lbs when he was drafted.

Not a typo.

Mobley is 7'0 and 215 lbs.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thanks for solidifying my point that you are ignoring everything else to drill down on a specific point.

20. i3artow i3aller

No, Mobley mob have brought up Jalen's height a lot in here. It's never been just about weight although it's also been about that which is funny as Mobley also has some filling out to do.