1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

IDK. I don't like the pairing, and i also see Cade's more serious tone clashing with KPj. Cade is going to step in and be the alpha immediately. Is KPj who is already calling himself the franchise after 1 great NBA game going to keep it together or have another meltdown when things don't go his way?

fattz, Mr Woods and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

U do know Cade shot 40% from 3 in college and 85% from the line right?

so unless this was all a fluke and none of it transfers over to the NBA, Cade and his shooting isn’t an issue

Caesar likes this.
  3. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

1) Luka was more of a sure thing than Cade is and 2) they only gave up one extra draft pick to get Luka.

People here are talking about trading 2-3 (or more) extra picks. I'd be in favor of moving up if our FO thought Cade was much better than Green/Mobley and the cost was one extra draft pick. Giving up way more than that to me is throwing away too many hard won draft assets to bet on one prospect over another.

bigreg, PeterKingX and Caesar like this.
  4. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

What a bunch of homer fans!
    Glad there's none of that around here! :rolleyes:

Reeko likes this.
  5. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Worst case is you get a John Wall and Bradley Beal situation but rather than holding onto both for dear life like an idiot I'm sure Stone would trade one for a very good return if pressed.

ReturnOfTheMac and Caesar like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Do people want KPJr to be a Harden clone controlling the ball all game while not being nearly as good of a shooter? People complained for years about a Harden centric offense where he did the vast majority of the ball handling, playmaking, and creation for the team, but then want KPJr to go down the same route? We should want multiple creators on this team.

DonKnock got me dreaming!!

bigreg, Bo6, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Luka was actually way less of a sure thing... Which is why he slipped past 1 in the draft.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Rockets fans, do you want this to be your future franchise player?

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bro, do u not see how bad you’re making KPJr look? He can’t coexist with a versatile playmaker like Cade, and Cade’s more serious tone (is that another word for his maturity?) could rub him the wrong way and cause him to have a meltdown?

12. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Well, I’m not getting drafted by the Pistons.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think KPJ is not a special passer, per se, but I think he can maintain a special tempo. Ideally, KPJ controls the tempo and we have other brilliant playmakers alongside him. KPJ just collects hockey assists and becomes a ridiculously huge 6-6 defender at PG that can switch and takeover from time to time.

hakeem94, fattz and Reeko like this.
  14. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Respectfully but strongly disagree. PHX (somewhat controversially at the time) filled a need with Ayton rather than going BPA and Luka wouldn't share medical records with SAC because he didn't want to play there. I recall most people feeling like Luka was the best prospect in that draft.

Immediately after the draft, the narrative was "wow, how did DAL get the best player in the draft from the #5 spot".

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I hope the days of the franchise building around its franchise player(s) with one dimensional offensive players are over. 3&D players like Tucker and Ariza were nice but you really need players to do more on the offensive side to be successful. It might be recency bias but the Suns got it right when they acquired/drafted players like Bridges, Johnson, Crowder, etc. I want to see players being able to put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket if that corner three is not available.

16. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

You don’t pass on Cade because of a player that has played half a season with us.

Also, KPJ isn’t a child. Just because Cade is more of a vocal presence on the floor doesn’t mean KPJ is going to go into some immature spiral.

Caesar likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJr could easily be the PG and get 7-8 assists while Cade does some playmaking from the wing and gets 5-6 assists

people are talking like KPJr needs 35% usage and the ball 24/7

hakeem94, rkh-dog and RudyTBag like this.
  18. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I hate all of this smokescreen pre draft bullshit.

Cade will be in Detroit and Green will be in Houston come a couple weeks time.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you need to ask Chris Paul to ask for you

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup.

I do expect the Rockets to do something with the other first round picks though.